Bristol City next to fail P and S ?

WystonRam

Just now, Kernow said:

I take no pleasure in clubs who haven’t had the luxury of being propped up by parachute payments now struggling to stay away from the financial equality rules which only seem to make football more unequal.

Bristol City are one of those, so as nice as it would be to take Mr Popodopotalkshite’s stance of adopting a weird vendetta against any team in financial trouble, I can’t do it.

I fully agree, who are the ones in trouble thus far? Us, Brum,Reading and Bristol City all 3 without parachute payments for a while, not to mention the already departed Bolton, Wednesday and WIgan.

12 minutes ago, Taribo said:

If we stay up because three other teams get points deductions then I’m giving up on football. 

If they all broke the 'rules' in the same way we did and it makes our job of staying up that bit easy, then I'll be popping the ?

Football is totally broken, we can all see it. Just have to try and stay in the Championship and ride it out while it falls apart around us. 

Edited by Archie

Just now, Mick Harford said:

I fully agree, who are the ones in trouble thus far? Us, Brum,Reading and Bristol City all 3 without parachute payments for a while, not to mention the already departed Bolton, Wednesday and WIgan.

The only ones to ever be punished fall into that bracket. The ones that don’t get punished are the ones that break the rules but have a bit more luck and get promoted.

I would hardly highlight Bristol City as a side who have gone big on transfer fees recently either, which shows the trouble that others could also find themselves in. Any club that hasn’t been in the PL in the last 5 years should be worried, it’s worrying for the English football pyramid.

2 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

My opinion is that this is just going to be the start of a few clubs announcing losses above the already massive norm and going into admin.

I know I'm biased, but surely this should have been taken into consideration by the EFL when we went into admin as the period without fans has caused all clubs major financial problems.

Not so sure. Those that have the backers prepared to continue their financial support (unlike ours) will most likely only be running the risk of a single-figure points reduction and won't enter into administration. Also, many Championship clubs won't be anywhere near exceeding the allowable losses e.g. Blackpool, Coventry, Preston, Luton, Barnsley etc.

1 minute ago, Keepyuppy said:

Well if they went over £39 in ‘a’ 3 year period, they are due a points deduction it’s like us then - Levee et is the playing field somewhat. 
what is the current actual ‘three year cycle’ period for P&S ?  

6 points like Reading ?

1 minute ago, Keepyuppy said:

Well if they went over £39 in ‘a’ 3 year period, they are due a points deduction it’s like us then - Levee et is the playing field somewhat. 
what is the current actual ‘three year cycle’ period for P&S ?  

Levee et is.....Latin for they’re f***** ?