Bristol City next to fail P and S ?

WystonRam

It’s interesting the words coming out of others clubs when they are under the spotlight. I have no issue with our points deduction as we went into administration and failed FFP although I don’t think FFP is consistently applied. 

so what I have heard is covid is now an act of god, so the covid years need to be over looked as it affected clubs operating models. FFP needs to be changed so that a lot of the clubs that are now likely to be over are not.

i also don’t like the Covid losses being based over 3 years and the average used for a covid year. Some clubs like BCFC will benefit because they had a year where they made money and others will lose because they didn’t ( we would be in that category). So if you are -10, -10 and -10 your next year would -10 (-30/3) even if you have cut your wage bill operating costs and it should have been 0. It’s a terrible way of doing things.

what’s more some clubs now want to have further deductions put in place to lower losses. 

of course for them it’s different 

so what will clubs who have been relegated due to FFP if the EFL change their system, will they be able to claim back the monies lost due to relegation and embargo ? It would seem a stronger case than Middlesbrough or Wycombes

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

It’s interesting the words coming out of others clubs when they are under the spotlight. I have no issue with our points deduction as we went into administration and failed FFP although I don’t think FFP is consistently applied. 

so what I have heard is covid is now an act of god, so the covid years need to be over looked as it affected clubs operating models. FFP needs to be changed so that a lot of the clubs that are now likely to be over are not.

i also don’t like the Covid losses being based over 3 years and the average used for a covid year. Some clubs like BCFC will benefit because they had a year where they made money and others will lose because they didn’t ( we would be in that category). So if you are -10, -10 and -10 your next year would -10 (-30/3) even if you have cut your wage bill operating costs and it should have been 0. It’s a terrible way of doing things.

what’s more some clubs now want to have further deductions put in place to lower losses. 

of course for them it’s different 

so what will clubs who have been relegated due to FFP if the EFL change their system, will they be able to claim back the monies lost due to relegation and embargo ? It would seem a stronger case than Middlesbrough or Wycombes

So if Covid is to blame can we get our 12 points back?

19 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

So if Covid is to blame can we get our 12 points back?

its the question and a good one. They do doubt will point to the fact that we accepted it. The EFL are about to get themselves in a pickle between imposing the rules and appeasing clubs

if any of our FFP points are over the Covid era then that could come into this. If hey change FFP there is going to be a backlash from the likes of SWFC and others

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

They appear to be making moves to have the rules changed and probably along with Middlesbrough and plenty others - it will still just be us who are stuffed ( Reading a little bit) when the plates stop spinning

Without a doubt.

Their fans are are trying to convince each other they are nowhere near as bad as evil clubs like Derby!

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

its the question and a good one. They do doubt will point to the fact that we accepted it. The EFL are about to get themselves in a pickle between imposing the rules and appeasing clubs

if any of our FFP points are over the Covid era then that could come into this. If hey change FFP there is going to be a backlash from the likes of SWFC and others

Not sure SWFC would say that as they were just silly to put their ground sale in completely the wrong year ( which was probably deliberate)

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Without a doubt.

Their fans are are trying to convince each other they are nowhere near as bad as evil clubs like Derby!

Terrible isn't it .  The whole basis on why there far less evil than Derby is that they let the EFL know about there poo storm 2 months before others will. Apparently, this should hold great sway.

AcidicSilentDarklingbeetle-size_restrict

33 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Terrible isn't it .  The whole basis on why there far less evil than Derby is that they let the EFL know about there poo storm 2 months before others will. Apparently, this should hold great sway.

AcidicSilentDarklingbeetle-size_restrict

They are trying to get the so called rules changed 

10 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

We failed 3 periods. Only one included the Covid season, a period in which we exceeded the limits by under £2m. This is normally worth a 3 point deduction.

According to the Mirror there are 3 more clubs that could face points deductions for FFP irregularities 

1/ Stoke City

2/ Bristol City ?

3/ wait for it……….

Middlesborough ????????

What goes around, comes back around.  

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius
Wrong date applied to the article by me

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

According to the Mirror there are 3 more clubs that could face points deductions for FFP irregularities 

1/ Stoke City

2/ Bristol City ?

3/ wait for it……….

Middlesborough ????????

What goes around, comes back around.  

I’d say Cardiff will be extremely close as well !

I'm fairly sure that unless they get promoted or sell players for major sums this season, Forest will breach FFP too. 

What the EFL should be investigating forensically is all dealings with Olympiakos and the curious transfer of Arvin Appiah to Almeria for £8m back in 2019. In fact, there's something decidedly suspicious about Forest's transfer activity with a number of minor clubs in Spain that I think are worthy of closer scrutiny. The turnover of players is staggering and often for notable sums. Makes my spidey sense tingle. 

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm fairly sure that unless they get promoted or sell players for major sums this season, Forest will breach FFP too. 

What the EFL should be investigating forensically is all dealings with Olympiakos and the curious transfer of Arvin Appiah to Almeria for £8m back in 2019. In fact, there's something decidedly suspicious about Forest's transfer activity with a number of minor clubs in Spain that I think are worthy of closer scrutiny. The turnover of players is staggering and often for notable sums. Makes my spidey sense tingle. 

I think they have a £12 million offer from Brentford for Johnson on the table ( they want £20 million) so they at least have an option to get money in unlike other clubs but then again they have so many players it’s nuts. I wouldn’t count on the league looking into inter club transfers to much as our friends at Watford have just again signed a centre half from you guessed it Udinesse for either a loan or undisclosed, yet nothing seems to happen on that front.

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Most without parachute payments will be close. The newspapers focus on the gross amounts but they will all have a significant amount deducted due to Covid. 

i find it interesting that they rightly had a go at the amortisation and also the appeal against the administration penalty (which they were wrong) but they do doing (or talking about) the same.  Reducing player values, including potential transfer values in covid reductions and of course the call to be lenient or even change FFP.

The  EFL have a difficult task and one of their own making. If you change FFP or make it more lenient what will those that have already do, as most have been relegated and been under embargo and strict business plans. These have cost them millions. What do they do if they leave FFP as is and they have a number of bigger clubs in trouble. 

For  me they have to be strict with covid deductions, it should only be for attendance, hospitality and the collateral from that. That also needs to be netted off with the money given by the EFL and Prem. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I think they have a £12 million offer from Brentford for Johnson on the table ( they want £20 million) so they at least have an option to get money in unlike other clubs but then again they have so many players it’s nuts. I wouldn’t count on the league looking into inter club transfers to much as our friends at Watford have just again signed a centre half from you guessed it Udinesse for either a loan or undisclosed, yet nothing seems to happen on that front.

Very much doubt they will get it all upfront. The max up front will maybe half, perhaps less?

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What’s the likelihood the 9 points deduction applied to both us and Reading will be reinstated.
With a certain someone’s club now in the crosshairs ? and the fear factor of the said “Curly haired Wazzock” which runs deep within the EFL, I think there could well be an a adjustment in the EFL stance.

What are other peoples thoughts??

Am I being far too optimistic??

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius