Bristol City next to fail P and S ?

WystonRam

Scanning over the full accounts (https://www.bcfc.co.uk/media/64587/bristol-city-holdings-lmited-annual-report-and-consolidated-financial-statement-2020-21.pdf) I'd say these are the two bits that most immediately stood out

Firstly, turnover was down by about £11m, both because of the lack of fans, but also due to a decrease in other commercial incomes (note that they did receive £1m more in government grants than last year, making this figure, overall, closer to a £10m difference)
Image.png.47c88e255fabfe4cacad7e6448027ea7.png

Bigger than that, though, is the roughly £19m gap in disposal of player contracts (player sales) from the previous financial year
Image.png.57bbd24242b359fcfb259f8a8ba12107.png

So, effectively, the three areas in which Bristol City have suffered (and, presumably, this will be seen across the board) is loss of matchday revenue in both tickets and hospitality due to lack of fan; loss of commercial incomes from other sources; and stagnation of the transfer market causing a loss of ability to sell players or to sell players at higher prices. EDIT: On further thoughts, that last point is an assumption. It might just as well be the case that no one wanted any of Bristol City's players to the extent that they previously did.

Also, I noticed that in the strategic report they mention that Keith Downing and Paul Simpson assisted Dean Holden whilst he was interim manager, when actually they were only appointed when he was made permanent manager. I sure hope the EFL do the right thing and drag them through a lengthy disciplinary commission over this trivial, minor inaccuracy within their accounts. They simply can't be allowed to so flagrantly breach the rules like this.

Edited by JfR

Just wanted to say this, I take no enjoyment from clubs failing P&S rules, football is broken, Covid is hammering the final nail in the coffin.

I'm sure the vast majority of Bristol City fans are decent football fans that don't deserve to see their club punished.

However, when one fan takes his obsession with our situation to a level that's beyond normal behaviour, it's hard not to have a smile on your face when reading the clubs statement.

Bristol City the club, the staff, players, fans, no ill feeling, wish you all the best and hope you can sort the financial situation out without punishment.

Mr Poppadom, I hope they throw not just the book at you but the library, you had this coming you muppet.