Bristol City next to fail P and S ?

WystonRam

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

What’s the likelihood the 9 points deduction applied to both us and Reading will be reinstated.
With a certain someone’s club now in the crosshairs ? and the fear factor of the said “Curly haired Wazzock” which runs deep within the EFL, I think there could well be an a adjustment in the EFL stance.

What are other peoples thoughts??

Am I being far too optimistic??

Reading got 6 point deduction - that aside if we had an owner they should be saying cancel everything point deduction wise for FFP ( we still get -12 for administration) and the vast majority of championship clubs would say yes to that - actually the other clubs need to be saying that so that the EFL have to act in so much as they say everyone is getting point deductions so tough or we are letting clubs off and not having legal action against the EFL which will come.

52 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think they have a £12 million offer from Brentford for Johnson on the table ( they want £20 million) so they at least have an option to get money in unlike other clubs but then again they have so many players it’s nuts. I wouldn’t count on the league looking into inter club transfers to much as our friends at Watford have just again signed a centre half from you guessed it Udinesse for either a loan or undisclosed, yet nothing seems to happen on that front.

Injuries happen though, so they need a back-up plan, which I suspect would be loaning players to Olympiakos for nice fat fees. 

It's those kind of dodges that the EFL should have clamped down on when Watford and Wolves were at it years ago. 

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We failed 3 periods. Only one included the Covid season, a period in which we exceeded the limits by under £2m. This is normally worth a 3 point deduction.

Was the third year higher and then negated by covid losses? If so and it should then that will need to be the standard for all clubs regarding covid losses. 

4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

According to the Mirror there are 3 more clubs that could face points deductions for FFP irregularities 

1/ Stoke City

2/ Bristol City ?

3/ wait for it……….

Middlesborough ????????

What goes around, comes back around.  

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live wow , its suddenly getting very interesting

42 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Was the third year higher and then negated by covid losses? If so and it should then that will need to be the standard for all clubs regarding covid losses. 

Every club is entitled to apply deductions to their P&S calculations as a result of Covid (ie lost gate revenue).
However, some clubs have included impairment as a Covid cost. This essentially is a way to reduce amortisation costs in future periods. They claim as a result of Covid, they were either unable to sell or sold players below what they otherwise could have done. Stoke definitely did this, I'm not sure who else.

Football fans everywhere, soon...

First they came for Luton, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a Luton fan.

Next, they came for Bury, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a Bury fan.

Next, they came for Derby, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a Derby fan. 

Next, they came for Reading, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a Reading fan.

Next, they came for <insert club name>, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a <insert club name> fan.

Next, they came for <insert club name>, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a <insert club name> fan.

Finally, they came for my club, so I sued Derby.

Edited by Eddie

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Football fans everywhere, soon...

First they came for Luton, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a Luton fan.

Next, they came for Bury, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a Bury fan.

Next, they came for Derby, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a Derby fan. 

Next, they came for Reading, but I approved and laughed because I wasn't a Reading fan.

Finally, they came for my club, so I sued Derby.

I got a little ticking off for something very similar a couple of years back.

You can add Sheff Weds, Wigan, Macclesfield and many more to that list.

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Every club is entitled to apply deductions to their P&S calculations as a result of Covid (ie lost gate revenue).
However, some clubs have included impairment as a Covid cost. This essentially is a way to reduce amortisation costs in future periods. They claim as a result of Covid, they were either unable to sell or sold players below what they otherwise could have done. Stoke definitely did this, I'm not sure who else.

Hi yes I understand that, it would be good to understand what Derby claimed for the finalFFP (covid) year. Was our figure something like -17m and -15 allowed for covid so -2m in reality 

2 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

What’s the likelihood the 9 points deduction applied to both us and Reading will be reinstated.
With a certain someone’s club now in the crosshairs ? and the fear factor of the said “Curly haired Wazzock” which runs deep within the EFL, I think there could well be an a adjustment in the EFL stance.

What are other peoples thoughts??

Am I being far too optimistic??

Yes you are. This is the EFL we're talking about

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And it's still impossible to reconcile being allowed to do that, with the decision against us.  if you follow our decision, they simply aren't allowed to have *any* book-value in relation to be sold on in the future. All of their value is tied into their ability to play for the club that owns them.  So there's nothing to impair, unless they get long-COVID or something.

14 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Middlesbrough seem to be splashing some cash. Do you think they may be gambling on a promotion this season? Have they sold their ground to raise a bit of cash?

100%......them and forest going for it now, if they don't go up now,  next season they will be in the spotlight

Edited by BriggRam

• 1 month later...