The Administration Thread

Boycie

18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Indeed, but that's only relevant if one of the bidders agrees to it. If none do, then the administrators aren't going to turn around and say, well we'll just have to liquidate then. What they'll do is get the preferred bidder to agree to fund the club as needed.

I just don't think anyone will risk £5m upfront. The bidders are far more likely to say, we'll put in what we need to, but reserve the right to walk away if we can't agree deal. So, if they found a whole heap of problems, they could withdraw after a fortnight, with 4.75m still intact.

Can’t see it being an issue….

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

But at least bids been made so just have to wait and see who gets us I just hope it is enough so we dont another 15 points are not taken off us next season.

Just in theory saying some decides to 80p in the pound how long would this plan thing go on for.

I suspect it may be closer to 25p or 35p in the pound may be over 2 - 3 years or someone may pay 25p in a lump sum. Just my guess but I think it has been said it will take around 12 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I suspect it may be closer to 25p or 35p in the pound may be over 2 - 3 years or someone may pay 25p in a lump sum. Just my guess but I think it has been said it will take around 12 weeks.

One of Kirchners many tweets suggested his bid stretched 2 years, which I thought to be strange at the time - but that would tie up with your post… who’d want to pay £7-£8m in one hit if there was an option not to.

40 minutes ago, europia said:

"...I have absolutely zero information...but I need to post something on tw@tter, so here is a self promoting photo..."

Or 

"I met the Administrators today, as many of you will know and will be expecting to hear something from me, but I cannot say anything that will steal their thunder as they will update everyone in the very near future with the name of their preferred bidder".

Edited by IslandExile

1 hour ago, europia said:

"...I have absolutely zero information...but I need to post something on tw@tter, so here is a self promoting photo..."

That's a bit unfair. She's been doing her absolute best to quiz the EFL, Quantuma and others and raise the profile of our case in Parliament. I'm not a natural ally of hers, or Pauline Latham, Heather Wheeler or Andrew Bridgen, but I'm happy to acknowledge they're doing their best to help. 

Just now, B4ev6is said:

My finger firmly crossed right and hope will have rich owner or owners with deep deep pockets.

Ashley isn't shy of a few quid.

Don't listen to what Newcastle fans say. They spent some good money on players over the years. 40 million on Joelinton, 20 plus million on Callum Wilson, they go on like Mike Ashley bled them dry but their transfer spends over the years suggest otherwise.

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ashley isn't shy of a few quid.

Don't listen to what Newcastle fans say. They spent some good money on players over the years. 40 million on Joelinton, 20 plus million on Callum Wilson, they go on like Mike Ashley bled them dry but their transfer spends over the years suggest otherwise.

I am on the fence with ashley but if he gets us I will give them a chance like anyone new who comes in.