The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I think he's very dissimilar to Mel Morris, once you get past the local owner passionate about the local area. I also think there's quite a bit of false equivalence happening comparing selling one of any football clubs biggest assets in their stadium, compared to moving tax losses to another group company. One of your major stumbling blocks is due to not owning your stadium, and it has been a common theme with administration/liquidations of football clubs over the last 20+ years. Selling tax losses to another group company increases the value of the football club, selling the stadium gives you a short term boost but ultimately strips the football club of it's single largest asset.

If the label of cheats was based solely on the stadium sale I would agree with you, but having accepted a punishment for falling foul of FFP it certainly wouldn't be defamation to refer to you as cheats on that basis.

Nope.

The issues, in order of size of 'stumbling block'

Middlesbrough -- unknown size of potential claim.. looking for £40m+ (from numerous sources)
Wycombe -- see above
HMRC -- biggest debt
MSD
Stadium.

The stadium hasn't been an issue, since there has been a fixed cost, either a purchase or the lease cost. 

42 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Good question, now that the "biggest stumbling block" has been out of the way for over a week I expect your takeover is imminent. Darn that Steve Gibson holding all of this up!

Mike Ashley came out and stated before the accord was even agreed that it would take 12 weeks to complete a sale so it isn't as simplistic as you make it out. 

Of course we too are impatiently awaiting news but you have to also factor in that we are also in the process of dealing with a parasite down south too. 

I admire your balls for coming on here to defend your owner. Surely you can see it's a futile endeavour if you think you can change peoples minds on here. 

I suspect your probably on a bit of a wind up too. Fair play you've got a few of us to bite. So for now all I have to say is:

55d77983c56c9.jpg.087805b61de398261920b8d1215ba188.jpg

Edited by Steve How Hard?

5 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

David, 

Can he go now? 

@DarkFruitsRam7 chose to pop his moderators cherry on Will, wouldn't usually reveal such information, but I know he loves the attention so everyone feel free to congratulate him.

Just remember, it's like taking the first piss of the night at the pub, once you start you can't stop.....any of you lot could be next ?

1 minute ago, David said:

@DarkFruitsRam7 chose to pop his moderators cherry on Will, wouldn't usually reveal such information, but I know he loves the attention so everyone feel free to congratulate him.

Just remember, it's like taking the first piss of the night at the pub, once you start you can't stop.....any of you lot could be next ?

Yes even at 2-30am every god damn Morning, Getting old in life is great, Getting up early in the Morning to make a visit is taking the Piss?

1 hour ago, BoroWill said:

Almost universally regarded as one of the best owners in the game, but I'm sure he will be devastated to hear that DCFCFans have decided he is a stain on football.

Strangely 10 - 15 years ago I'd have 100% agreed with you on that statement.

Recent events just make him look like a vindictive *rick though. Times change.

44 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

If the label of cheats was based solely on the stadium sale I would agree with you, but having accepted a punishment for falling foul of FFP it certainly wouldn't be defamation to refer to you as cheats on that basis.

Notwithstanding EFL Rule 3.5? This states: “No Club, either by itself, its servants or agents, shall by any means whatsoever unfairly criticise, disparage or belittle any other Club or The League or in either case any of its directors, officers, employees or agents”?

Gibson's stranglehold over Parry also seems to have enabled him to sidestep this Rule, to get at Morris, in the damaging  labyrinth of vendettas.

Whenever other Championship clubs have failed in forlorn bids to 'chase the dream' of promotion against the  perpetual tide of parachute-rich clubs (of which Boro have also been one), how many other chairmen took to issuing critical statements in a cod-Q&A fashion, (apart from fellow-parasites Wycombe), seemingly in collusion with the EFL, with such curiously similar (flawed) expositions?

Derby transgressed FFP / P&S - facts adjudged, punishments served, deductions overcome on the pitch - but hey! Which other chairmen went to such public lengths to demonise and disparage a competitor and then callously obstruct the recovery in such a way? Can't recall any.

Derby  'chasing the dream', just the same as Boro have done, and also failed - Boro even with recent parachute payments behind them LOL. Plenty of other clubs about to run off the rails because of that huge competitive disparity - and with £35.5 million losses reported in one year, Boro may be in the leader's pack! Quelle dommage!

Karma may await you, and just remember who will be getting out the popcorn.

Ohh wait; the EFL just moved the goalposts and conveniently allowed some financial 'headroom' for clubs to adjust for Covid, a plea which was refused for DCFC - and so The Holy Gibbon might be alright!

C O Y F R

Edited by Woodypecker

9 minutes ago, David said:

It’s the right decision, but I feel for Will. He clearly had already blown his giro by Friday lunchtime, and now he’s lost some entertainment for the early afternoon. I now imagine him curled up on his sofa, waiting for Bargain Hunt to come on.

53 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

bUt WhAt AboUt BoUrNeMoUtH

mockingspongebobbb.jpg

That's a bit of a cop-out Willie, and you know it.

In season 2014/15 (before Mel Morris became the sole owner of DCFC), Boro finished 4th, 5 points behind Bournemouth and 4 points behind Watford. Bournemouth were eventually fined a negotiated sum of £4.75M, 2 years after being given an initial fine of £7.6M for breaching FFP in that season. Watford signed their star striker Odio Ighalo outside the summer transfer window after his contract with Watford's sister club Udinese was cancelled by "mutual consent", a convenient deal which allowed Watford to avoid paying a fee and so stay within FFP limits. Several other Watford players came from clubs owned by the Pozzo family for conveniently small fees or favourable loan deals. In addition to those two "cheats", in December 2015 Notts Forest, Fulham and Bolton had transfer embargos imposed on them for breaching FFP limits in the 2014/15 season.

During that season, Boro lost a total 14 points to those teams, including 4 points to each of Watford and Bournemouth. So it's mystifying to me that Gibson didn't, at any time after the end of that season, seek compensation from any of those clubs or indeed kick up a big fuss with the EFL, and it's mystifying that Boro fans aren't enraged by that injustice?

23 minutes ago, David said:

I was going to send him a message, but he’s logged off already. I hope his mother has got plenty of Flash All Purpose in her cupboards.

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It’s the right decision, but I feel for Will. He clearly had already blown his giro by Friday lunchtime, and now he’s lost some entertainment for the early afternoon. I now imagine him curled up on his sofa, waiting for Bargain Hunt to come on.

Or studying the now re named puzzle books...Where's Willy

image.png.e39d26cf8bb7cd55a500e22eac0c8c43.png

1 hour ago, BoroWill said:

Yeah, except he didn't, did he?

I because in the end the Admin team threatened to take him to Court and squash his pathetic claims. So he agreed to go after Morris instead. 

so we have a battle between two vain and greedy old men. They deserve each other.