The Administration Thread

Boycie

47 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Would Mel Morris pass the Owners & Directors Test?

* Yes – he has only been involved in 1 football club insolvency. The ruling is 2 failures to fail the test.

The fact that the EFL have confirmed that someone can ruin two football clubs to become unfit to be an owner is beyond staggering but there's just nothing to be surprised about any more is there?

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

The thing is, a lot of those decisions make sense in isolation.  The Bent extension was triggered by playing a certain number of games IIRC, so we either use a player a lot and get to keep him, or we don't use him much and he leaves. That sounds fine on paper. The Chris Martin extension makes sense when Steve McClaren is your manager and Chris Martin is the perfect striker for the way he plays.

What turned those decisions into farce is the lurching between styles of managers. We give Bent a conditional contract extension, then panic when a manager who uses him a lot triggers it. We give Martin an extension because the manager wants him, and by the time he gets back, that manager has been sacked.  It's like nobody at the club was talking to anybody else, or making plans for anything other than the next 5 minutes.

Obviously no excuses for Anya though. And I think Scott Malone was worst signing of the lot we made under Morris - not that he was a massively bad player or anything, just the idiocy of having 2 or 3 very good young left backs and spending prem money and prem wages on an average championship player in their place, and then moaning that we aren't using the academy properly.

The malone signing was very similar to the signing of lingard - last minute and not needed , in fact lingard upset the balance of the side at that time. Anya and Blackman were two terrible signings made worse by the fee we paid based on football ability in my opinion 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The malone signing was very similar to the signing of lingard - last minute and not needed , in fact lingard upset the balance of the side at that time. Anya and Blackman were two terrible signings made worse by the fee we paid based on Non football ability in my opinion 

?

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Those minutes make pretty depressing reading imo. 

Looks like we'll struggle to re-sign players or bring in free agents.

And EFL still trying to say the Middlesbrough claim isn't over until they hear about it or that it isn't what was holding up progress.

Given how snarky the tone of their answers are, I'd say there is little chance of them meeting us halfway on anything.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

And EFL still trying to say the Middlesbrough claim isn't over until they hear about it or that it isn't what was holding up progress.

Given how snarky the tone of their answers are, I'd say there is little chance of them meeting us halfway on anything.

Hang on a secound angie

I throught this matter been settled and it has been removed even efl confirmed it.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Announcing a PB and having proof of funding until the end of the season isn't enough to renew contracts. Which more or less means we'll have to wait until a takeover is completed or, allow costs to reduce so much that we'll be ran at a profit from next season, giving us the headroom to keep some players.

The biggest issue here is they're messing with the mental health of the young players in the first team and the academy.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

How can the EFL hear about a claim that they didn’t know anything about? Based on what they said. 

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's the EFLs mission to relegate us, By hook or by crook they'll do their best to try and get their wish