The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

Those minutes make pretty depressing reading imo. 

Looks like we'll struggle to re-sign players or bring in free agents.

And EFL still trying to say the Middlesbrough claim isn't over until they hear about it or that it isn't what was holding up progress.

Given how snarky the tone of their answers are, I'd say there is little chance of them meeting us halfway on anything.

The minutes are written in advance by their lawyers I’d think.  I think they may give us an easier ride than the minutes suggest - they don’t want to raise expectations 

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

And EFL still trying to say the Middlesbrough claim isn't over until they hear about it or that it isn't what was holding up progress.

Given how snarky the tone of their answers are, I'd say there is little chance of them meeting us halfway on anything.

They've pretty much stated that they won't back date removal of penalty points but in no way said that a claim wouldn't have been valid, so clearly it would.  Pointless bankers.

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

Agreed they will not give way on anything (except perhaps any claim from Reading for return of points) until we are certainly relegated - they detest us. Seems they got worse and increased the negative action when there became small possibility of an escape. Just pathetic. We just need to get PB announced and start exiting admin ASAP. Biggest way to annoy them and get revenge would be stay up somehow. The only bright thought is that our issues have shone a light on their practices which will hopefully see the end of the EFL

The EFL stated:

* The consequences of a Club going into administration is twofold.  First, the 12-point deduction is applied.  Second, the terms of the Insolvency Policy then apply – which includes adherence to an agreed business plan that places restrictions on future player signings.  This is to ensure that the Club is operating in accordance with an agreed business plan on exit.

* This is to avoid clubs gaining a competitive advantage by going to into administration, wiping out debts and harming the integrity of the competition.

* They will work with the club on the business plan but cannot commit to carte blanche on free agent signings and contract renewals.

Just now, Ken Tram said:

The EFL stated:

* The consequences of a Club going into administration is twofold.  First, the 12-point deduction is applied.  Second, the terms of the Insolvency Policy then apply – which includes adherence to an agreed business plan that places restrictions on future player signings.  This is to ensure that the Club is operating in accordance with an agreed business plan on exit.

* This is to avoid clubs gaining a competitive advantage by going to into administration, wiping out debts and harming the integrity of the competition.

* They will work with the club on the business plan but cannot commit to carte blanche on free agent signings and contract renewals.

I interpreted this to mean that the Business Plan can be a further punishment. And written in a way to restrict signings in order to avoid the club gaining any kind of advantage from going into Administration.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

And how can an agreement be confidential if we have to tell the EFL what's in it? 

They just seem to want to have their own way in everything.

I assume they mean that 'Boro haven't formally dropped the claims yet.  Which I assume they aren't going to do until whatever was agreed to has been completed (Morris has handed over the cash or whatever).  It would genuinely be astonishing if that wasn't to happen in a reasonably timely manner though (and I mean genuinely astonishing in the context of everything astonishing that has already happened during this whole debacle).

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think the Boro claim has to be written into to the contract documents that the admins will draw up when they have preferred bidder. The rest of it is a bit glum.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

And how can an agreement be confidential if we have to tell the EFL what's in it? 

They just seem to want to have their own way in everything.

Well admin says and saying what they said ed 

He asked admin 

When derby come out of admin

Will there be anymore risrations on derby they said no there will be none so surely we can challenge this.

Our mps need to see all of this.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think you have it backwards. All clubs would have previously been made aware that £5m was the max allowance for 19/20 and 20/21. Those figures resulted in us being £1.96m above the limit.

However, if actual Covid losses were used (£13m+ in 20/21), we'd have been within the limit.

Sorry but the clubs could not have provisioned for a sum of covid allowance money which has not yet been voted on/in and therefore reduce this from the losses.

This post seems to contradict your earlier post where you even did the maths to explain it that for 20/21 We would have been under the 39m.

Quite simply, we’ve been stitched up again. 

46 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Agreed they will not give way on anything (except perhaps any claim from Reading for return of points) until we are certainly relegated - they detest us. Seems they got worse and increased the negative action when there became small possibility of an escape. Just pathetic. We just need to get PB announced and start exiting admin ASAP. Biggest way to annoy them and get revenge would be stay up somehow. The only bright thought is that our issues have shone a light on their practices which will hopefully see the end of the EFL

If they don't try and dump another -15 on us in someway when exiting admin, I'll happily film myself eating my own underpants and post it.