The Administration Thread

Boycie

I genuinely can't believe the Chairman of the Football League is replying to emails from fans on a Friday evening. No disrespect to fellow forumites, but you wouldn't be worth my time if I was in such a positions he.

Doesn't he have a private members club or a freemasons meeting to attend or something?

Got to be one of his lackeys that's responding.

3 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I genuinely can't believe the Chairman of the Football League is replying to emails from fans on a Friday evening. No disrespect to fellow forumites, but you wouldn't be worth my time if I was in such a positions he.

No disrespect Joe, but why the duck would we bother emailing you? ?

4 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Doesn't he have a private members club or a freemasons meeting to attend or something?

Judging by his spelling he's been in the private members club all afternoon. Member being the operative word. The big throbbing one. 

1 minute ago, JoetheRam said:

EFL Communications vaancy

Description

Bat away emails from concerned Derby fans. You will have access to rick parry's email account so no a responsible person is required. The role is compatable with working from Teesside. Unsocial hours bonus of "nothing". Spelling and gramma to GCSE "D" grade. Understanding of football regulations, financial matters, ethics, morals or the obligations to the League desirable, but non-essential.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've been without power most of the day and have missed all the kerfuffle over our P&S 9 points deduction. I can't see owt but crap from Borowilly in the Admin thread, so sorry if this has been gone over:

Like with Reading's penalty the suggestion is we've accepted the penalty and so that's that.

But from the BAWT/RT supporters notes from their meeting with the EFL there is a para about are the accounts still to be submitted:

"Can you confirm the status of the outstanding accounts which were due to be filed on 31st January? The administrators told us you had agreed an extension – can you confirm the new date? Could any further charges be brought based on the submission of those accounts?

*They are working with the Administrators and are not concerned over the submission of the accounts.

They have indicative figures which were the basis for the agreed penalties which were applied to DCFC. The administrators have assured them the figures in the restated accounts are consistent, and these are now being reviewed, if this is the case there will be no further penalties."

So if they were prepared to alter the penalty award depending on the restated accounts, are they are the ones that can have the 'covid allowance'  and if so why can't they give us 'less'?

So it means nothing then?

So how many points would we get back? If our accounts haven't yet been submitted (as agreed by the EFL) ca we pop the extra allowance in and demand a recount - which the EFL suggested would happen if we'd gone further over?

Edited by RoyMac5

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Oh Vienna....

Think it means that with the £2.5M Covid concession, we'd have escaped the part of the points deduction levied for overspend in 20/21.

bear hit GIF

£2.5m applies to the current 21/22 season.

£5m allowance in 20/21 (£2.5m net impact on the 2021 period.

9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Would Reading have escaped too?

Nope. They were £18.8m over in the 2021 period, and that's including whatever the allowances agreed with the EFL were.

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

No idea myself but I'm pretty sure @Ghost of Clough posted saying he'd looked at the numbers and it made no difference to their penalties. 

Correct.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So how many points would we get back? If our accounts haven't yet been submitted (as agreed by the EFL) ca we pop the extra allowance in and demand a recount - which the EFL suggested would happen if we'd gone further over?

Looking at 2 points for the 2021 period

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Correct.

Looking at 2 points for the 2021 period

So, the EFL said they would 'review' the penalty points when we submitted our accounts - to give us more if necessary. Why not give us some back then ya duckers?!

"Can you confirm the status of the outstanding accounts which were due to be filed on 31st January? The administrators told us you had agreed an extension – can you confirm the new date? Could any further charges be brought based on the submission of those accounts?

*They are working with the Administrators and are not concerned over the submission of the accounts.

They have indicative figures which were the basis for the agreed penalties which were applied to DCFC. The administrators have assured them the figures in the restated accounts are consistent, and these are now being reviewed, if this is the case there will be no further penalties."

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I believe and hope we will get some points back, what I’m reading says we should. However if we don’t, let’s fight with our last breath to stay in this league. If we do every fan, every player, every staff member at the end of the season can stick two fingers up the corrupt EFL and say duck you WE ARE  DERBY COUNTY  and we’ll fight to the end…..

59 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

EFL Communications vaancy

Description

Bat away emails from concerned Derby fans. You will have access to rick parry's email account so no a responsible person is required. The role is compatable with working from Teesside. Unsocial hours bonus of "nothing". Spelling and gramma to GCSE "D" grade. Understanding of football regulations, financial matters, ethics, morals or the obligations to the League desirable, but non-essential.

Will you be applying?