The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, Albert said:

It's a negotiating position. 

If the club needs the ground, Mel can demand whatever he wants. He clearly hates the club, and would let it die for a few extra £s, so there is no leverage on the 'do it to save the club' angle. Taking the position of 'fine, keep the white elephant if you want, it's worthless as a stadium without the club, but the club isn't worthless without Pride Park' gives him something to think about. 

Really though, I was suspicious of him buying the stadium from the start, this kind of nonsense was always the risk. Was always in it for self enrichment, and when he failed to get us up to sell, he's just asset stripped what little he can and has left the club to die. 

Correct!

44 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Why can’t we just rent PP until a deal is sorted or would that be too simple.

I'm guessing he thinks he can rent it for a few years then charge the club whatever he feels to buy the stadium at a later date, maybe even the full and mythical 80mill. Especially if we got back to the PL at any point too

May be a song to ‘if you happy and you know it’

If you’ve been ducked over by Mel Morris clap your hands

If you’ve been ducked over by Mel Morris clap your hands

If you’ve been completely ducked over and you really want to show it if you’ve been ducked over clap your hands.

Just seen someone saying on Twitter, that Radio Derby have mentioned Mel Morris has gone to ground and no one can contact him regarding the status of Pride Park Stadium.  

Hate is such a strong word and is used to much in todays society. But for the first time in my life I can sincerely say, I hate you Mel Morris. Stronger vocabulary would have been used if it was not blocked. 

24 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Read this as you will but sounds like the ball is well and truly in another's court, aka MM.

I am a big supporter of CK, like he his style - This apparent refusal to negotiate with MM troubles me slightly though, it seems quite personal for a business process. That said, MM could sort this in a heartbeat.

Just now, Mihangel said:

I am a big supporter of CK, like he his style - This apparent refusal to negotiate with MM troubles me slightly though, it seems quite personal for a business process. That said, MM could sort this in a heartbeat.

Honestly, who doesn't hate Mel Morris at this point. 

To top the list of 'worst owners of Derby County' took some doing. 

Kirchner clearly tried to negotiate in good faith from the start, but Morris wasn't having any of it. He's going to send this club to the wall to line his own pockets if he has to. 

Imagine trying to basically extort the council. Seriously, the guy is like the stereotypical bad guy out of children's books at this point. I fully expect to see him finding some way to profit off an orphanage next. 

5 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Ck doesn’t want the ground and wants Mm to pay off the Msd loan . To do that he wants to sell the stadium to someone else probably the council.

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ed Dawes stating that Morris has gone to ground, not communicating with anyone regarding the ground. 

Shameful if true 

Shameful is being too kind.  We're of course not privy to everything going on but it all points to MM blocking the deal with his demands over the ground. If true, and it appears so then shameful doesn't cut the mustard. He's coming across as a self-absorbed, egotistical little dictator.  We already have one of them in the news.  Hate is a strong word, and I usually only use it talking about marmite but I'm adding Mel to that list if he really is the one factor leading us into oblivion. 

11 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ed Dawes stating that Morris has gone to ground, not communicating with anyone regarding the ground. 

Shameful if true 

Maybe the club Doctor could get hold of him ?

More stress then, so predictable considering the saga of the last couple of years. It’s got a Mike Ashley distressed businesses swoop written all over it.

11 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

I liked CK from day 1 back last year.  Why should he cover literally everything Mel has created.  As you say Mel could sort this now and is clearly refusing to do so.  

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

Some American franchises have shifted the team half way across the country. Wimbledon restarted miles away in MK.

Would that be MK Dons?

I suppose we could always change our name to Lincolnshire Lions or summat!

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I think, as others have said, Notts County would be a challenge due to the proximity of the City Ground. Notts County being founder members of the football league has zero relevance. 

I know,it was just a bit of sentiment surfacing.I’ll rejoin the miseries now and put it back in place!?