The Administration Thread

Boycie

I'd wager that Mel will be at the match today albeit in some ridiculous disguise, probably a wig. If I see him I'll be tempted to thump him and I'm not into violent confrontation. In fact the last fight I had was at school with a girl and I lost that. 

Enjoy what could be the last ever match at PP.

4 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I'd wager that Mel will be at the match today albeit in some ridiculous disguise, probably a wig. If I see him I'll be tempted to thump him and I'm not into violent confrontation. In fact the last fight I had was at school with a girl and I lost that. 

How ya doin Mr Attention Seeker, still seeking attention I see ?

2 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I don’t get this argument! Surely,Notts County ,only 15 miles away,with a ground capacity of 20k would be a better bet? Also founder members of the Football League.I know the grief we’d get in Nottingham but,hell’s teeth who wants to play at Stoke on a Tuesday night?

Don't they already have to organise games so that Forest and County alternate between playing home fixtures and away fixtures, so they're not both playing in Nottingham(shire) at the same time? I think adding a third party into that arrangement wouldn't be viable. It would either require a lot of manoeuvring of fixtures so we're playing out of step of everyone else, or one of us will have to be playing at home at the same time as Forest, which is just asking for trouble.

This stinks of a Mike Ashley masterplan in my opinion.

Morris refusing to budge on the stadium, even to the point of going to ground and mugging everyone off tells me that Ashley’s in his ear, telling him to stall until the exclusivity period is over, in which he’ll put a bid in and purchase the stadium from Mel directly, probably making Mel more money.

You can bet your barnacles to a barn dance Ashley will emerge with a bid next week. I’d put my mortgage on it. 

9 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Morris refusing to budge on the stadium, even to the point of going to ground and mugging everyone off tells me that Ashley’s in his ear, telling him to stall until the exclusivity period is over, in which he’ll put a bid in and purchase the stadium from Mel directly, probably making Mel more money.

You can bet your barnacles to a barn dance Ashley will emerge with a bid next week. I’d put my mortgage on it. 

I fear you're right.

Goodbye Kirchner.

Goodbye Rooney.

Goodbye Academy.

Goodbye immediate promotion.

Goodbye respect for the history of the club.

Goodbye feel good optimism.

Hello Mike Cashley. Hello Sports Direct adverts everywhere.

18 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I said the same thing earlier, preferred bidder is no longer in place and we know what league we’re in. Ashley was never going to pay championship money for a league one club. Mel can’t choose who ends up with the club but for all intents and purposes by delaying anything ground related, he’s all but doing it.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I fear you're right.

Goodbye Kirchner.

Goodbye Rooney.

Goodbye Academy.

Ashley has more money than anyone else we've been linked to, and as much as he gets called I still think he's the best option, he'll want to get us to the Prem and sell us for a profit we stand much more of a chance at promotion with him imo.

Maybe he's learnt from Newcastle what not to do, so he may pump even more money into the academy.

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Ashley has more money than anyone else we've been linked to, and as much as he gets called I still think he's the best option, he'll want to get us to the Prem and sell us for a profit we stand much more of a chance at promotion with him imo.

Maybe he's learnt from Newcastle what not to do, so he may pump even more money into the academy.

Yeah, he's all about pumping money in, isn't he?

That's why he put in a monster bid at the start of this process.

That's not the way he operates. He spends the bare minimum.

He may be wealthy but that doesn't necessarily correlate with spending (the opposite if anything). Besides, there's far more to building a club than just having money.

28 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ashley of couse may well be saying to Mel he'll get more money...once CK is removed from the picture however, the money Ashley offers him might not be so much....

I get the feeling that this is more about long term wealth for Mel.

Make CK or MA lease it, he gets MSD off his back and then in a few years he can try to sell the stadium for how ever much he feels like. Why take 20mill now when he could take 50mill in a few years and have a bunch of the MSD debt paid off, or maybe just sit on it and keep earning money off it for the next 20 years.

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, he's all about pumping money in, isn't he?

That's why he put in a monster bid at the start of this process.

That's not the way he operates. He spends the bare minimum.

He may be wealthy but that doesn't necessarily correlate with spending (the opposite if anything). Besides, there's far more to building a club than just having money.

Also the reason he's got as much money as he does he's clearly a smart business man, we've seen what happens when you throw money at it doesn't guarantee you success but it's comforting to know he has the capital. I'm sure he'd get us to where we all want to be whether it be scrimping our way there or not. 

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

That girl might have been Morris in a wig

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Also the reason he's got as much money as he does he's clearly a smart business man, we've seen what happens when you throw money at it doesn't guarantee you success but it's comforting to know he has the capital. I'm sure he'd get us to where we all want to be whether it be scrimping our way there or not. 

We will just have to agree to disagree.

I much prefer Kirchner's fresh, respectful approach. I really do not like Ashley, the man, his business practices or his "just do enough" approach at Newcastle.

The only thing that would be worse, IMHO, would be for the club to be liquidated. We must avoid that whatever it takes.

53 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Yes this had crossed my mind too. 

41 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I fear you're right.

Goodbye Kirchner.

Goodbye Rooney.

Goodbye Academy.

Bit presumptuous