The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

If we end up at Stoke we'll have to look at the godawful, offensive to the eyes and any sense of architectural design purple green and orange railings on the way over there

But they have the best statue. That Mathews monument is magical. 

I'm tempted to say I wouldn't bother, if we had to ground share.  Particularly at somewhere like Stoke, Leicester, Coventry etc.

At a push, I'd accept Burton or Chesterfield, with the latter being my preference due to the obvious County links.
At a bigger push, I'd probably traipse to Notts County, if I had to!

Truth is, faced with such a reality, could I actually turn my back on them?  I'm not sure I'm strong enough to do that!
I guess we just have to wait and see.  

1 hour ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I don’t get this argument! Surely,Notts County ,only 15 miles away,with a ground capacity of 20k would be a better bet? Also founder members of the Football League.I know the grief we’d get in Nottingham but,hell’s teeth who wants to play at Stoke on a Tuesday night?

I think, as others have said, Notts County would be a challenge due to the proximity of the City Ground. Notts County being founder members of the football league has zero relevance. 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

If we end up at Stoke we'll have to look at the godawful, offensive to the eyes and any sense of architectural design purple green and orange railings on the way over there

I like those railings. Most motorway architecture is boring. 

I’ ve always seen Mel’s involvement and failings as a mixture of losing gambler with a decent heart, along with a bit of an ego - who then got caught in the mess of championship football finances, those that run it, Covid, over reached ambition and self inflicted mayhem. If at the death of a dire situation for all, via some sort of intransigent stubbornness, he uses the very life of this club of ours as leverage. Then disgust will be my only remaining feeling. Could this really go wrong today ? ?

26 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Why can’t we just rent PP until a deal is sorted or would that be too simple.

It's a negotiating position. 

If the club needs the ground, Mel can demand whatever he wants. He clearly hates the club, and would let it die for a few extra £s, so there is no leverage on the 'do it to save the club' angle. Taking the position of 'fine, keep the white elephant if you want, it's worthless as a stadium without the club, but the club isn't worthless without Pride Park' gives him something to think about. 

Really though, I was suspicious of him buying the stadium from the start, this kind of nonsense was always the risk. Was always in it for self enrichment, and when he failed to get us up to sell, he's just asset stripped what little he can and has left the club to die.