The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

The club with the ground is currntly worth 35M tops, Mel is expecting 25m on top of that for the ground....

The deal.is dead, quicker we realise this the better

This assumes MM would prefer liquidation to a deal that involves him and the Council both paying say 10m to MSD 

I know he’s hotheaded but I just can’t see it 

Or are you saying MM has done a deal with Ashley ? 

seths-cap

Keep your stadium. Darley parks only 10 minutes out of town. Camping chair and a 4 pack from the offy on the way down… sorted

53 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

My Daughter and the team(HMRC)she was working with on his case were "Gobsmacked" when the Jury came back with not guilty, All convinced he was guilty, Evidence supplied, They'd got the Hook, Line but the sinker was his dog, The Jury fell for his Cockney patter and his cheeky style, Ken Dodd should have been born in London and not Liverpool ?

Everyone involved in tax was gobsmacked!!

5 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

The club with the ground is currntly worth 35M tops, Mel is expecting 25m on top of that for the ground....

The deal.is dead, quicker we realise this the better

So what do you think it’s “worth” without the ground if it’s only worth £35m tops with it? Nothing? 

Good luck to Chris on his first day in charge of our finances. He has shown real nerve in this most difficult time. I can’t believe that Derby city council would let DCFC leave the area. Some of the estimates have been a bit wild as to the income benefit to the region. But that money could now go to a city like Stoke.

19 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Just throwing this out there as another idea, Could Derby City Council put a CPO...Compulsory Purchase Order on the Stadium. 

Perhaps but personally I fear, in this situation, it would be an abuse of the CPO system and not really what it’s designed for.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

So what do you think it’s “worth” without the ground if it’s only worth £35m tops with it? Nothing? 

Balance sheet net assets way less than 0, so no value there. 

On a future income less expenditure basis doesn't look great, can't think there are many profitable L1 clubs. 

So 0 sounds about right. 

5 minutes ago, one_chop said:

For Logistic reasons Stoke would be the easiest ground share. However it's all irrelevant. Enjoy making history attending the last game. 

For those saying I'm hoping for liquidation you couldn't be more wrong. Going to the match is my only escape from such a mundane life.

Last I heard on here the council are working hard to purchase the stadium. Why do you expect liquidation? 

23 minutes ago, one_chop said:

For Logistic reasons Stoke would be the easiest ground share. However it's all irrelevant. Enjoy making history attending the last game. 

For those saying I'm hoping for liquidation you couldn't be more wrong. Going to the match is my only escape from such a mundane life.

I don’t get this argument! Surely,Notts County ,only 15 miles away,with a ground capacity of 20k would be a better bet? Also founder members of the Football League.I know the grief we’d get in Nottingham but,hell’s teeth who wants to play at Stoke on a Tuesday night?

1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I don’t get this argument! Surely,Notts County ,only 15 miles away,with a ground capacity of 20k would be a better bet? Also founder members of the Football League.I know the grief we’d get in Nottingham but,hell’s teeth who wants to play at Stoke on a Tuesday night?

And they’re black and white. 

and Lionel Pickering funded the stadium so you could say it’s ours anyway. 

1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Straight up the A50, 25 min drive from Toyota island, no traffic.

11 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Straight up the A50, 25 min drive from Toyota island, no traffic.

Having done both grounds,the Notts County one,of the two options,has more appeal,despite the Nottingham scenario.Stoke’s stadium with the cutaway corners is freezing and that’s in Summer!
Let’s hope we don’t ever have to make the choice ?

https://www.distancecalculator.net/from-derby-to-stoke-on-trent