The Administration Thread

Boycie

You can be banned ('disqualified') from being a company director if you don't meet your legal responsibilities. Anyone can report a company director's conduct as being 'unfit'. 'Unfit conduct' includes: allowing a company to continue trading when it can't pay its debts.

A director can be disqualified for a number of reasons, including wrongful trading, fraudulent trading or 'unfit' conduct. Failing to adhere to your duties as a director will result in an investigation and disqualification. This guide is based on the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 (CDDA).

I wondered if anyone has reported mm as an unfit director over dcfc.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

32 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If, as it seems, Morris is refusing a deal for the stadium that allows CK to take over the club, then effectively he is deciding who does take it over.

Given that he put us into Administration in the first place, that doesn't seem right - to say the least.

Can a ground share be organised quickly? Not ideal but workable maybe in the short term?

57 minutes ago, Oldben said:

You can be banned ('disqualified') from being a company director if you don't meet your legal responsibilities. Anyone can report a company director's conduct as being 'unfit'. 'Unfit conduct' includes: allowing a company to continue trading when it can't pay its debts.

A director can be disqualified for a number of reasons, including wrongful trading, fraudulent trading or 'unfit' conduct. Failing to adhere to your duties as a director will result in an investigation and disqualification. This guide is based on the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 (CDDA).

I wondered if anyone has reported mm as an unfit director over dcfc.

It’s Q that needs to use this to force him to pay off MSD 

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Agreed. Bugger.

Mel - do the right thing.

Mel isnt going to do the right thing by DCFC. He's going to do the right thing by his bank balance. He is quite clearly stalling so the exclusivity period expires and he can try and line up a rival bid that's better for him personally.

He created this mess and seems more than happy for it to remain a mess until he gets what he wants. Disgusting.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Mel isnt going to do the right thing by DCFC. He's going to do the right thing by his bank balance. He is quite closely stalling so the exclusivity period expires and he can try and line up a rival bid that's better for him personally.

He created this mess and seems more than happy for it to remain a mess until he gets what he wants. Disgusting.

Disgraceful behaviour, he can’t have any feelings for the club whatsoever ?

58 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If, as it seems, Morris is refusing a deal for the stadium that allows CK to take over the club, then effectively he is deciding who does take it over.

Given that he put us into Administration in the first place, that doesn't seem right - to say the least.

Who knows.  Perhaps if he'd kept funding the club and paid his tax bill someone would have thought buying a championship team debt free, with very sellable young assets and a stadium that holds over 30k might me a good cash investment at around 45 -50 million. Especially as turnover is normally around 25-28 million per annum. Maybe sold someone to offset any further loss to him with the reduction in wage bill last summer if needed.  Could have sold and been a few million down.  NOBHEAD 

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If the CK deal collapses I am 100% convinced Rooney will simply walk away, closely followed by a load of the players.

I can see where you are coming from but I think Rooney's loyalty lies with the club, the fans and his fantastic players and he only wants to see this club back on the way to recovery. His loyalty to the club is not dependent on the owner or at least I hope not. Of course next season might just test his loyalty depending who our next owner is and their relationship.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/damning-admission-shows-how-neglected-23888114.amp

Keeping the Cat 1 academy status looks a bit risky given the state Ashley left Newcastle’s training ground in, god I hope CK can get it sorted 

Bigger fish to fry at the minute and I've always thought this Cat 1 thing is a very expensive status symbol with no relevance.  Anyway, we just expose the best youngsters to the big boys who sign them for tuppence so it's counterproductive.

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Honestly, who doesn't hate Mel Morris at this point. 

To top the list of 'worst owners of Derby County' took some doing. 

Kirchner clearly tried to negotiate in good faith from the start, but Morris wasn't having any of it. He's going to send this club to the wall to line his own pockets if he has to. 

Imagine trying to basically extort the council. Seriously, the guy is like the stereotypical bad guy out of children's books at this point. I fully expect to see him finding some way to profit off an orphanage next. 

Take a lot for me to hate someone but he's certainly not a favourite of mine. I'd like to read a book on all this when the dust has settled, I'm not sure we know half what we think we know.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Mel isnt going to do the right thing by DCFC. He's going to do the right thing by his bank balance. He is quite clearly stalling so the exclusivity period expires and he can try and line up a rival bid that's better for him personally.

What are the scenarios if/when this happens, CK wants to purchase DCFC, If we have no ground and there is no ground share in place can CK still buy DCFC.

Do Q say...end of exclusivity now we move on to either liquidation or a n other...ie MA?

What a ducking mess!

2 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I can see where you are coming from but I think Rooney's loyalty lies with the club, the fans and his fantastic players and he only wants to see this club back on the way to recovery. His loyalty to the club is not dependent on the owner or at least I hope not. Of course next season might just test his loyalty depending who our next owner is and their relationship.

It will delay us yet again, won’t be able to offer contracts to the Crown Jewels who no doubt will leave. He might well finally think enough is enough and I wouldn’t blame him….

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

What are the scenarios if/when this happens, CK wants to purchase DCFC, If we have no ground and there is no ground share in place can CK still buy DCFC.

Do Q say...end of exclusivity now we move on to either liquidation or a n other...ie MA?

What a ducking mess!

No to my knowledge, nothing to buy.  It's part of the required membership to play in the league .  No ground no club.