The Administration Thread

Boycie

38 minutes ago, angieram said:

Blimey! It's £15 at Alfreton Town tomorrow. 

Just on season tickets, there are an awful lot of us Rams season ticket holders who haven't paid a penny for their home football in over two years and I think will be more than willing to pay the same rate to help get the club back on its feet again after what it's been through.

It's more likely to be the casual fans who vote with their feet.

I'm not sure Angie. It isnt worth me having a season ticket each year in the Championship as we have 250 mile round trip with all rearranged games due to kids in exam years and other family stuff so we have them about 3 years out of 5 usually so probably would count as "casual" fans this season. But if pricing good and I know most matches will be on a Saturday, I will likely get them for us if in League 1 next year. I know we wont make all games but prefer sitting in same seats and as you say will feel helping club recover a bit. I am sure we wont be the only ones - the number of rearranged for sky home games this season does I think stop quite a few having season tickets if they have to travel and have kids, work commitments etc

Assuming that because there last information on the updates thread was yesterday then Quantuma aren't going to announce anything by the end of this week which effectively is now?

Have to say not even sure whether they did actually say that or its just an urban myth that has been propagated, quite unsure now what is actually fact and what is fiction. 

30 minutes ago, KBB said:

It's news. It's news that can be taken as potentially positive. It's news that can hopefully move the club forward.

I'm sure we will have leaks tonight from the usual suspects in the media telling us who is in and who is out.

Finger crossed everyone. Is this the first green shoot?

With our track record, even a green shoot will be off target!   ?

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Based on artificially inflated figures, not actual attendees.

I know what an average is, thanks.

How are they artificially inflated?

Thought i'd explain since you didnt seem to grasp the concept on your ladt reply...

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

How are they artificially inflated?

Thought i'd explain since you didnt seem to grasp the concept on your ladt reply...

This joust got me thinking when was the last time we had an official league attendance below 20000 amazingly it was 2004!

3 hours ago, Rambalin said:

I think the attendance figures people are speculating on are very optimistic unless we start ok and are around the play offs in Lg1. 

I was around back in the old division 3 days and unless we are competitive can see attendances around 12 to 14k and on a wet, cold Tuesday night down around 10k.

Its not really comparing apples with apples as the relative comforts of Pride Park are much more likely to entice a casual fan than the BBG. Also crowds in the mid 80s were historically low across the board due to hooliganism, fans being penned in like animals, poor facilities etc 

Assuming we get bought (by someone other than Morris) & have a reasonably productive transfer window, I could imagine the mood around the club to be quite upbeat given the horrors of the last 2 years - even with a 15 point deduction. There is also the novelty of playing new teams - I'm quite looking to not playing the likes of Reading, Bristol, Millwall or (tin hat on) Forest & there are a number of big clubs still in League One who don't look to be going up (Sunderland, Sheff Weds, Charlton, Bolton, Pompey, Ipswich) to pique interest.

If we come together as a club like we have done this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see our average around 22k/23k - with home games against Sunderland & Sheff Weds around 30k.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

Is it well documented though? I don't wish ill of anyone, but I hope he isn't pulling an "Earnest Saunders"?

Re: Mel Morris health...

First, I know Mel Morris elected to ruin DCFC's finances (ironically after providing them all!) by dumping the club into administration - and the consequences are deep and damaging - but I do get exasperated when I see implied slurs based on health grounds ?

Yes he has been very ill, for sure. Cancer and Covid he has suffered I'm sure played a part in his abandonment of DCFC - I know he didn't have to quit, and has great personal wealth, blah....but time is precious - and money can't buy that. 

He's a villain because of his actions but respect the individual, please. 

Ask yourself...if you had notoriously tried to reform the EFL re: the TV deal, and parachute payments imbalance, and failed - to then find those self-seeking barestewards at EFL HQ lining him and his club up, with help from the demon Gibson, for years of disciplinary proceedings and debilitating restrictions which stripped the club of competitiveness, would you feel like quitting?

The audacious (or crazy!) signing of Rooney added further controversy, jealousy and ho!y but hypocritical opprobrium from peers (because of the 32Red sponsorship) added fuel to Mel's 'notoriety' and defiance of conventions...as did the amortisation method! I'm sure it all took its toll. 

Coming into old age, infirm, also having promising managements poached (McLaren, Rowett, Lampard) by predatory clubs, with the club's potential unravelling before his eyes despite the investment, it's worth understanding that personal fatigue and ill-health.

Yes, Mel took a wrecking ball to the club in what he chose to  do last September - but the EFL have been piloting the controls for four years to 'get their man' and as anyone would, he wished to value his remaining time and move from the spotlight.

We wish he had not done so (not all of us!) due to the depletion of the club, but IMHO it was, finally, a case of 'enough is enough'.

[Dons tin hat]

56 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The Big Reveal- Admins are going to be grafting all weekend sorting bids. Double time of course. Is this the start of the end?

No one won this week folks ! 
Find out the PB in the next exciting episode ? We can’t be sure but Tune in for a free prize draw ticket with answer if you’re that lucky punt, YOU have already been preselected. On top of that, With your first season ticket you’ll get access to unique content, special premium access to twitter feeds of REAL ITK influencers. 
Enter your credit card details here (terms, conditions eligibility, and 99.5% apr apply - automatically renews any live embargoes every 48 hours ) 

Sign up for a free inclusive EFL premium pass, want a points deduction ? They know how to do it ! Step by step instructions in a weekly manual. “Rule changing for dummies” Their experts will tell you the inside secrets on exciting topics like “How to be a Bamford” , “Build your own Gibson” and … There are special discounts included on all Morris cars. (Crash damage not covered) 

Great articles from leading authors on headline topics such as “I was only -15 in league one then they got me” And “How to rob an academy and get away Scot free”  All from an administrator near you now. Oh and kill an Argie win a Metro why don’t you