The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

Coming into old age, infirm, also having promising managements poached (McLaren, Rowett, Lampard) by predatory clubs, with the club's potential unravelling before his eyes despite the investment, it's worth understanding that personal fatigue and ill-health.

He's fit as a butchers dog, ask @Mostyn6, who noted his muscular physique bulging against his clothing. 

You make it sound like he's on his last legs. 

As for the manager's, you know full well he sacked McClaren twice.

He certainly didn't put any obstacles in Rowetts way when Stoke made their move, either. He couldn't believe his luck, and probably bundled him into the car and drove him to Stoke himself.

The reality is, he got sick of losing cash hand over fist, not unreasonably, and placed us into administration to stem his losses. 

He had one job, and one job only as custodian, and that was to leave the club in no worse state than he found it.

He failed miserably in that, due to his ego, impatience and a bloody minded-ness that wouldn't accept a correction was needed. 

54 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The Q statement says the winning bid 

“...will be the bid that we feel best secures the long term future of the club”

They simply don’t know what their job is 

Absolutely true.

Surely their remit is to choose the bid that pays the most to creditors?

That statement does give me hope though, as Mel Morris is most definitely not in any way good for the long term future of Derby County.

Nor is Appleby, if he is still ringing round his mates looking for backers.

Mike Ashley is the only person we are aware of that is able to spend his own money.

Unless the 4th bidder is Richard Branson.

5 minutes ago, Mckram said:

If it is Appleby, it will have nothing to do any of that.

Nobody can seriously think the admins would allow the backer to be Mel. They’d be finished as a company when it came out. 

There's no way Mel will be involved but at the end of the day he owns the stadium. The adiminstrators can't force him to do anything with it, he chooses who he sells it to. I just think it will end up being Appleby, it will be the best deal to do for all parties. And I would be happy with that, the club will be in safe hands. He has a genuine affinity for Derby County and wants the club for the right reasons.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

I'm not sure Angie. It isnt worth me having a season ticket each year in the Championship as we have 250 mile round trip with all rearranged games due to kids in exam years and other family stuff so we have them about 3 years out of 5 usually so probably would count as "casual" fans this season. But if pricing good and I know most matches will be on a Saturday, I will likely get them for us if in League 1 next year. I know we wont make all games but prefer sitting in same seats and as you say will feel helping club recover a bit. I am sure we wont be the only ones - the number of rearranged for sky home games this season does I think stop quite a few having season tickets if they have to travel and have kids, work commitments etc

I think the cost of living will stop some people coming, which i can understand. I will be going next season,but after that, who knows with the cost of heating and petrol rising all the time.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Assuming that because there last information on the updates thread was yesterday then Quantuma aren't going to announce anything by the end of this week which effectively is now?

Have to say not even sure whether they did actually say that or its just an urban myth that has been propagated, quite unsure now what is actually fact and what is fiction. 

I'm not putting any more updates on the updates thread. I just get laughed at so you can all wade through the rubbish on Twitter and here like I have to! 

(Not getting at you, Tyler, quoting you as you mentioned it.)

I fear they will be standing by to make the big reveal at 1am on Sunday... and all of a sudden, the clocks rush forward, it's 2am, and we all bloody missed it!  ?

I'm sorry @86 Hair Islands, but I'm just going to have to laugh at my own joke... what's that like? 

???

EDIT:
Ooh... that's quite satisfying, actually!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm not putting any more updates on the updates thread. I just get laughed at so you can all wade through the rubbish on Twitter and here like I have to! 

(Not getting at you, Tyler, quoting you as you mentioned it.)

I rely on that thread for facts. Please keep it going

1 hour ago, Mckram said:

If it is Appleby, it will have nothing to do any of that.

Nobody can seriously think the admins would allow the backer to be Mel. They’d be finished as a company when it came out. 

Exactly their statutory role is to act in best interests of creditors. If this was true think Mike Ashley will be on it!!