The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

I think the attendance figures people are speculating on are very optimistic unless we start ok and are around the play offs in Lg1. 

I was around back in the old division 3 days and unless we are competitive can see attendances around 12 to 14k and on a wet, cold Tuesday night down around 10k.

I remember the old Div 3 days, you could pick your seat anywhere you liked when you got in the ground.

And that was with the old credit card season tickets that meant there were many more people in the ground than tickets sold.

(If you know......you know)

If Mel does stay involved in the club  he has almost destroyed, where:

Some of the staff have had their jobs ripped away from them, where players like Shinnie have cried because they were being forced to leave, where Rooney the manager has had to endure challenge after challenge in his first managerial career and where the fans have endured 2 years of utter hell, from seeing their club being destroyed, from taking abuse from opposition fans, hearing fans singing "we will have a party when Derby County dies", grown men and women crying because they face losing their club and the untold people who probably literally couldn't take any more, as their last real love is ripped away.

If Mel is involved in any way, after all he has done, then he is a far worse human being than I ever thought he was.

Read the room Mel, the door is that way.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

I think the attendance figures people are speculating on are very optimistic unless we start ok and are around the play offs in Lg1. 

I was around back in the old division 3 days and unless we are competitive can see attendances around 12 to 14k and on a wet, cold Tuesday night down around 10k.

It might be, the difficulty is back in those days i.e., the early 80's attendances weren't particularly high I believe and it was a very different time. I think we'd manage to pull in 20k regularly as long as the pricing was half decent. Let's be honest given the past 2 years of turmoil, covid, and relegation battles the fact we're still regularly pulling in 24-25k is a minor miracle. It might tail off and move downwards but I like to think we wouldn't go too far below 20k. 

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t believe for one minute that he will be part of any new ownership arrangement other than perhaps some deal for the ground…

I agree Jim he would be reviled by the fans and he knows it..

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t believe for one minute that he will be part of any new ownership arrangement other than perhaps some deal for the ground…

This. It's long been documented that Mel is not a well man, which has been one reason he tried hard to find a buyer for the club. I know we need something to talk about on this thread while we continue the interminable wait for news, but he ain't coming back.

30 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

If he's involved Derby will become the most reviled Club in England.

It would be cheating the system to the highest degree and I'm sure that HMRC will be bombarded with complaints from the public.

If its actually legal to do it, it ducked well didn't ought to be.

He shouldn't be allowed back near football full stop!

Get off the fence and tell us how you really feel.

2 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Surely he’s not involved. Why would he want to run the club again he had been trying to sell it for years. 

No idea, yet he made such a mess of selling it it might seem easier to do it from scratch and start again - I don’t think he would but who knows 

34 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Mel does stay involved in the club  he has almost destroyed, where:

Some of the staff have had their jobs ripped away from them, where players like Shinnie have cried because they were being forced to leave, where Rooney the manager has had to endure challenge after challenge in his first managerial career and where the fans have endured 2 years of utter hell, from seeing their club being destroyed, from taking abuse from opposition fans, hearing fans singing "we will have a party when Derby County dies", grown men and women crying because they face losing their club and the untold people who probably literally couldn't take any more, as their last real love is ripped away.

If Mel is involved in any way, after all he has done, then he is a far worse human being than I ever thought he was.

Read the room Mel, the door is that way.

Yet if it’s the only way to keep the club going and not having a minus point deduction - who knows - we should never throw the baby out with the bath water in our situation - time will tell anyway 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

It was mentioned in the Pride book, I've been told. Home attendances just over 17,000 for some matches. The 23,000 is far from accurate. (We also played all of Forest, Leicester & Leeds that season which would presumably have boosted things somewhat?)

The 23000 is an average for that season, but it is correct. Obviously some games would be higher and some lower, but thats why its an average.

Average attendance for Derby that season sits at just over 23,000.

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The 23000 is an average for that season, but it is correct. Obviously some games would be higher and some lower, but thats why its an average.

Average attendance for Derby that season sits at just over 23,000.

Based on artificially inflated figures, not actual attendees.

I know what an average is, thanks.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Mean, mode or median?

22 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Based on artificially inflated figures, not actual attendees.

I know what an average is, thanks.

Why is it artificially inflated if the seats are paid for. The thread is about finance, makes no difference whether someone is sat in the seat or not.

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

If he's involved Derby will become the most reviled Club in England.

It would be cheating the system to the highest degree and I'm sure that HMRC will be bombarded with complaints from the public.

If its actually legal to do it, it ducked well didn't ought to be.

He shouldn't be allowed back near football full stop!

It will leave a nasty taste but I really don’t think we’ll become the most reviled club in England. Folk outside of Derby will soon forget.

I know the circumstances in terms of ownership are slightly different but people still have to be reminded that the recent darlings of the Premier League Leicester City left the likes of St. John’s Ambulance with a large debt. They’re not, and I suspect never were, reviled.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

It was mentioned in the Pride book, I've been told. Home attendances just over 17,000 for some matches. The 23,000 is far from accurate. (We also played all of Forest, Leicester & Leeds that season which would presumably have boosted things somewhat?)

Would be very surprised, I went to a few matches then and You get an idea when the attendance figure is read out- can’t remember any match looking that low. 

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Why is it artificially inflated if the seats are paid for. The thread is about finance, makes no difference whether someone is sat in the seat or not.

People were discussing what sort of attendances we'd get in League One,  so it's natural to then discuss our lowest attended season in recent history.

If you can't see how reporting attendances including people who didn't actually attend the game isn't artificially inflating the attendance I can't really help you?

This thread isn't 'about finance'

Even so, a thread is just a conversation, naturally sometimes it flows off a very strict course of the title.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

People were discussing what sort of attendances we'd get in League One,  so it's natural to then discuss our lowest attended season in recent history.

This thread isn't 'about finance'

A thread is just a conversation, naturally sometimes it flows off a very strict course of the title.

Fair enough, but my point is still relevant. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

This. It's long been documented that Mel is not a well man, which has been one reason he tried hard to find a buyer for the club. I know we need something to talk about on this thread while we continue the interminable wait for news, but he ain't coming back.

Is it well documented though? I don't wish ill of anyone, but I hope he isn't pulling an "Earnest Saunders"?