The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, alram said:

I hope we hear from him today, we have no idea what his plans for the club are yet

Not bothered if we dont. He seems to be a private man so we should just be thankful and let him get on with it quietly with his plans whatever they might be. I am just relieved this nightmare is over. Enjoy the w/e

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

As I reflect on the DC takeover I see it as the end of an era. An era that initially promised so much but ultimately only delivered one trip to Wembley Stadium.

The cost of this day out was enormous. It cost the good name of our club. It cost our country millions in lost tax revenue. It cost our club's suppliers money. It cost the livelihood of loyal DCFC employees. It decimated the fruits of our academy's labour. It drove a wide wedge between our club and its governing body. It damned nearly killed our club.

Was I caught up in the previous owner's bullpoo and untruths? Yes, to my great shame, I was. I believed him when he told us we were being run within our means, that we were complying with p&s or ffp. I thought he's "one of our own", he won't see any harm done to us. I was taken in by him, I was very wrong.

Thankfully that era is now over and a new one begins. I hope, as with myself, many fans have had their reality well and truly checked and had a recalibration of their expectations.

What is important is the survival of our club, our family heirloom, the love of which we shall proudly hand down to our children and grandchildren.

Thank you Mr. Clowes for giving our club, our heirloom a future.

I'm getting sunshine... a crisp white shirt... Late July warmth... pre-match excitement... post-match joy.
I'm getting joyous relief.  I'm getting anticipation.  I'm getting excited!

We fans need to take our efforts, our undying support, and our 100% backing from last season, double them, and blow this ducking division out of the water, off-field, if not on it.

Show L1 something they have never witnessed before.  Unbridled... and unfathomable (to them)... passion!    ?

58 minutes ago, alram said:

I hope we hear from him today, we have no idea what his plans for the club are yet

He wrote you an open letter yesterday. Many pointers in there - particularly the immediate recruitment on the playing side and the need for an assessment period on the general running of the football club (as it's unfamiliar territory).

1 hour ago, alram said:

I disagree, he's spoken of his dislike of publicity "As a private person I did not want the publicity and would prefer to remain an anonymous supporter watching from my usual seat", I honestly think we should respect that. He's said that he wants his team to learn from the incumbents, let him and they do that, it's going to take them time to understand how to run a football club. I'm sure he'll appoint a CEO or similar, be that Stephen Pearce or a replacement, let them be the mouthpiece of the club. Actually, wouldn't that be great, a quiet owner who lets the pros get on with it!

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Its a surreal feeling isnt it.

ill be honest i thought i was dealing with it ok. Just doing what i normally do with bad news and burying it deep down and just worrying about other life thingd, kids, work, money etc etc

but last night and even more so this morning, i just feel like this massive weight has been lifted and something that brings me so much pleasure and is part of my life is back in my thoughts again and iv this warm buzzy feeling about getting down to pp with my daughter and roaring the lads on.

I didnt even realise it was effecting me. But now its ended i can cealrly feel it was 

This. Exactly this. I haven’t commented at all on this but have been reading this thread every day since it started. I know the trials and tribulations we’ve been through and how this has affected us.

like NottsRam77 I thought I’d been dealing with it okay. Carrying on the day to day and all that. But hadn’t realized the extent it had actually affected me….until last night.

As the news broke the sense of relief was unbelievable for sure, but suddenly I found my eyes welling with tears. Genuine tears. Then hearing Ed Dawes on RD also in tears - live on air - it sent me completely over the edge into floods of them. 

Once I’d composed myself I allowed myself a quiet glass or two and raised a toast to David Clowes and our great club. 

So the great re-set has begun and with it a recalibration of our expectations. At this point I’m just happy to still have a club. And for it to be run properly. This whole episode has been a truly humbling experience for us all and one I do not wish to live through again. And one I wouldn’t wish on any fans of other clubs, in spite of some of the disgraceful attitudes from ‘followers’ of other clubs. 

So if we find ourselves in a situation where we are losing 3-0 at home to a team like Forest Green Rovers on a miserable rainy Tuesday night, I’m going to give my arm a pinch and remember that things could have been very different and we may not have actually been able to witness it. And then hold on to the hope that better days will return.

Because make no mistake - those better days will come.

UTR ????

Edited by DTOOOTNMCNAC

3 minutes ago, DTOOOTNMCNAC said:

This. Exactly this. I haven’t commented at all on this but have been reading this thread every day since it started. I know the trials and tribulations we’ve been through and how this has affected us.

like NottsRam77 I thought I’d been dealing with it okay. Carrying on the day to day and all that. But hadn’t realized the extent it had actually affected me….until last night.

As the news broke the sense of relief was unbelievable for sure, but suddenly I found my eyes welling with tears. Genuine tears. Then hearing Ed Dawes on RD also in tears - live on air - it sent me completely over the edge into floods of them. 

Once I’d composed myself I allowed myself a quiet glass or two and raised a toast to David Clowes and our great club. 

So the great re-set has begun and with it a recalibration of our expectations. At this point I’m just happy to still have a club. And for it to be run properly. This whole episode has been a truly humbling experience for us all and one I do not wish to live through again. And one I wouldn’t wish on any fans of other clubs, in spite of some of the disgraceful attitudes from ‘followers’ of other clubs. 

So if we find ourselves in a situation where we are losing 3-0 at home to a team like Forest Green Rovers on a miserable rainy Tuesday night, I’m going to give my arm a pinch and remember that things could have been very different and we may not have actually been able to witness it. And then hold on to the hope that better days will return.

Because make no mistake - those better days will come.

UTR ????

You talk a lot of sense ...post more often!

Uhh my head! I may have drunk half of Alfreton...

4 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

I disagree, he's spoken of his dislike of publicity "As a private person I did not want the publicity and would prefer to remain an anonymous supporter watching from my usual seat", I honestly think we should respect that. He's said that he wants his team to learn from the incumbents, let him and they do that, it's going to take them time to understand how to run a football club. I'm sure he'll appoint a CEO or similar, be that Stephen Pearce or a replacement, let them be the mouthpiece of the club. Actually, wouldn't that be great, a quiet owner who lets the pros get on with it!

Agree with this, he sounds really understated, someone who wont court publicity, wont be after the glory nor starting bounces in front of the fans. DC strikes me as a quietly passionate Derby fan, like so many in this fair county. Being a football club owner doesnt seem like an ambition more like a necessity, so his... our team doesnt die.

He has promised communication and I feel we will get it, in time. He will want to speak to any 'football business' people left at the club, work out what's what as far as the state of the club (beyond "we are running at x losses and we owe y to a, b, and c"). Once this is done he'll want get his people in, then we will hear from one of those (media savvy, knows football) about visions and what comes next.

Prior to and parallel to this we will see the vision unfurl as we will be pleasantly surprised at how quickly things progress from now on in regards to contracts. Actions, not words.

I'll be honest I had many-a sleepless night, especially in Feb when things looked particularly grim. It all hit home then just what was at stake.

All those away fans baiting with their taunts. The Brum match was particularly galling as I was in East Upper and the vitriol being thrown was horrendous. 

The asset stripping by Villa, Palace, etc has been horrendous. They have been vultures taking advantage and that has been terrible to watch.

It has been a terrible 18 months and the last 9 months appaling.

However....................

At long long last we've made it over-the line. It is with a deep sense of pride that everyone that stood up and put words in to action deserve every plaudit. We can take a deep breath and finally look forward to matters on the pitch and trust those in charge to manage the club sensibly.

I'm looking forward to @Owen87ITK interviewing our new owner. The first question much surely go something like this:

OB: "David congratulations on your acquisition of Derby County Football Club. Please could you clear up for all the fans of this great club, how do you pronounce your surname? We're all desperate to sing a song especially for you at the first home game."

25 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Agreed although his/her username doesn't make much sense to me. ?

I guess it wouldn’t. Couldn’t think of a witty username so decided to abbreviate one of my favourite bits of Graham Richard’s’ commentary.

“Dig That One Out Of The Net Mark Crossley Not A Chance.”

Hopefully it makes more sense now ?

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Derby County. Saved.

The joy, the relief.

Mine won’t be the only story like this, but after the passing of my Dad, who was a dyed-in-the-wool Ram, former steward home and away, the love for Derby County takes on another meaning

Thought about this quite a bit recently, the father son thing that is often mentioned on here. I did wonder yesterday whether our heroic new and reluctant owner thought to himself at some stage  - what would Dad have done ?

Anyway, the morning after the night before: It’s funny how you only really know how you feel about some things once they have happened. Waking up under DC ownership is like lying in a warm bath - there’s a feeling of security, that you’re in good hands. Do I wish big Mike had stepped in? No thanks. You’d constantly be in that moment immediately before the grumpy old doctor grabs your testicle and asks you to cough, the one with cold hands who squeezes just a bit too hard 

Edited by kevinhectoring

J

14 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

The Brum match was particularly galling as I was in East Upper and the vitriol being thrown was horrendous. 

Don’t disagree at all, but, I can’t remember a sweeter moment, or a bigger mental than Bielik’s equaliser. Not the RVDL goal against Palace, or Pearson’s goal at Wembley. Under normal circumstances it would have been great, but given the circumstances; the march, the taunting, being 0-2 down, that goal will go down in Derby County folklore. Lost my voice for the better part of 3 days after that game, well worth it! ?

After a heavy Thursday, I ended up with a horrendous hangover that lasted most of yesterday. We were due to go to a friend's party last night, but I really didn't feel like it. Then, about half an hour before we were due to leave home, the confirmation of the takeover came through and it was the best hangover cure ever. I managed a few sherbets at the party and woke this morning with a clear head and absolutely buzzing for the new season. 

It's been great catching up with everyone's posts and I'm going to spend a good part of today listening to the stuff on Radio Derby that I missed yesterday. 

I've always felt confident that we'd survive, but realistic enough to know that liquidation was a serious threat. What we need now (and I believe that under the Clowes Group, we'll get it) is steady, responsible ownership. As well as the obvious ambition to move up the league pyramid, the future philosophy of our club should be to ensure that no owner puts us in this position ever again. 

Enjoy whatever comes next and, above all, be patient. 

Edited by Crewton