The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Morgan described as businessman and philanthropist. Let’s hope he has his  philanthropy hat on!

Steve Morgan is our Chairman, he wears a philanthropic hat

He was a Housebuilder and then a Wolverhampton t**t

He bought us for a fortune; he thought us worth a punt

After Morris left us potless, the stupid f**cking c**t

3 minutes ago, LERam said:

This is the biggest sign something was going wrong.

He's an active man on twitter, then he's just disappeared. He's a coward in my eyes..... if its gone tits up, money not gone through, whatever, just be a man, explain you've messed up and apologise.

I don't agree with any abuse he or anyone else gets, but if he just said yeah look, my finances have gone to s***, it won't pass AML, whatever, then he'll get a lot more understanding voices. The worst thing you can do after giving it the biggun, is falling off the face of the earth 

That's very very true but I was listening radio derby early tonight according to them that he tried several times get funds through and them tried others way just could not get them through in time.

Just now, i-Ram said:

Hey look morgan has now stepped up need for this abuse end off. Last thing we need is to put this guy off as well.

As much as I'd like to be positive my natural pessimism takes over, to tell me we're duck. This feeling is compounded by the resent actions of the EFL. After more than 9 months of the EFL  putting any and every obstacle in the way of a new owner taking control of the club. They now cry crocodile tears while saying they want to help. It all sound like they are trying their best to distance themselves  from any blame for when the club is liquidated.

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As much as I'd like to be positive my natural pessimism takes over, to tell me we're duck. This feeling is compounded by the resent actions of the EFL. After more than 9 months of the EFL  putting any and every obstacle in the way of a new owner taking control of the club. They now cry crocodile tears while saying they want to help. It all sound like they are trying their best to distance themselves  from any blame for when the club is liquidated.

We are not ducked at all yes we are bad situation but it can and will be turned around look keep postive not be negative.

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It’s nice to see some verse on here though  this is hardly Homer

(and it’s quite inappropriate, for welcoming an owner)

but if you play the bard again, next time please try to plan 

how many syllables to use, ‘cos then it might just scan 

I think it’s time to put a fork in Derby, thanks to the misguided ambitions of Mel we are goosed!! 

The risk of a fan holding both the purse strings and being the sole decision maker  of a club in the financial precipice that is the ‘Championship’ cannot be allowed again.

I also think the EFL and Q are useless Bamfords who have a huge hand in our demise!

I truly hope the remaining bulb of hope is not burning the last 20p in the meter, but I feel it is

Final comment - if only Jake had just put his boot through it, the cross would never have come in for Keogh to ‘pass’ to Zamora, and it would have all been different 

over and out ? 

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

I think it’s time to put a fork in Derby, thanks to the misguided ambitions of Mel we are goosed!! 

The risk of a fan holding both the purse strings and being the sole decision maker  of a club in the financial precipice that is the ‘Championship’ cannot be allowed again.

I also think the EFL and Q are useless Bamfords who have a huge hand in our demise!

I truly hope the remaining bulb of hope is not burning the last 20p in the meter, but I feel it is

Final comment - if only Jake had just put his boot through it, the cross would never have come in for Keogh to ‘pass’ to Zamora, and it would have all been different 

over and out ? 

Hey rich

Is not over not even close buddy yes mel was reckless but I do think we shall get taken over we must keep postive and lock those negative thoughts away.

11 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey rich

Is not over not even close buddy yes mel was reckless but I do think we shall get taken over we must keep postive and lock those negative thoughts away.

Exactly B4. Need to keep it going but hopefully the buzz seems as if someone may take a punt on us and if so first game of season will be some celebration

I’ve just seen that Apple have bought the rights to the MLS for the next 10 years, paying $250m annually (£208m). It’s nearly a 300% increase from their last deal which was negotiated in 2015. 

Some deal that is, works out roughly $9m a team. The EFL currently have a deal worth roughly half of that, worth somewhere in the region if £1.6m a team, but shows the potential earning capacity of the next deal which should be being negotiated now - it’s arguably the most important negotiation that the EFL will ever have and they need to be successful if they are to preserve the league in the wake of the Premier League, who have agreed a £1.6bn a year deal for their TV rights - a staggering £80m a year per club deal. The deal runs out the year after the EFL one comes into fruition too, so by the time the EFL work out their next contract you would have to assume the Premier League will be in talks regarding a deal that pays teams well over £100m annually. 

The money in the game also shows why people are ready to come to the table despite the debt so it’s not all doom and gloom. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’ve just seen that Apple have bought the rights to the MLS for the next 10 years, paying $250m annually (£208m). It’s nearly a 300% increase from their last deal which was negotiated in 2015. 

Some deal that is, works out roughly $9m a team. The EFL currently have a deal worth roughly half of that, worth somewhere in the region if £1.6m a team, but shows the potential earning capacity of the next deal which should be being negotiated now - it’s arguably the most important negotiation that the EFL will ever have and they need to be successful if they are to preserve the league in the wake of the Premier League, who have agreed a £1.6bn a year deal for their TV rights - a staggering £80m a year per club deal. The deal runs out the year after the EFL one comes into fruition too, so by the time the EFL work out their next contract you would have to assume the Premier League will be in talks regarding a deal that pays teams well over £100m annually. 

The money in the game also shows why people are ready to come to the table despite the debt so it’s not all doom and gloom. 

Derby could always apply to the MLS if we get kicked out.... fun away days. 

but....the EFL resented very deeply the Mel Morris criticism (interference?) over low media revenues, and his aim to multiply the paltry EFL TV deal from putative competitors to Sky, upon renewal - it made him a target. 

Other clubs chickened out of the breakaway as MM suggested, instead of still picking up crumbs from Sky TV's dog-dish, so  MM became a marked man - and the (new) EFL TV deal remained paltry.

Not making MM out to be a hero, of course he became a destructive ogre - but those same EFL issues remain: low revenues, and the  'parachute' imbalance - which impels owners to go for broke on FFP and P&S.

7 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

but....the EFL resented very deeply the Mel Morris criticism (interference?) over low media revenues, and his aim to multiply the paltry EFL TV deal from putative competitors to Sky, upon renewal - it made him a target. 

Other clubs chickened out of the breakaway as MM suggested, instead of still picking up crumbs from Sky TV's dog-dish, so  MM became a marked man - and the (new) EFL TV deal remained paltry.

Not making MM out to be a hero, of course he became a destructive ogre - but those same EFL issues remain: low revenues, and the  'parachute' imbalance - which impels owners to go for broke on FFP and P&S.

Let's not pretend increased revenues were going to stop teams bending the rules; they'd just be even more empowered to do so. 

Morris likely pushed for the changes as he stared down the financial blackhole he created, and when that failed, he left us to die, as we've seen. 

The man clearly has no idea how finance in football works, as has been laid bare by this whole fiasco, and he lacks the honour to clean up the mess that he created. Does anyone really believe that his push for more TV revenue was based on anything but fantasy at this point? 

True; extra TV revenue may have empowered clubs to spend more, as there is such a gap between the resident, aspirant Championship clubs (like DCFC) and the recipients of parachute money with the financial clout to buy back a place in the Prem.

There must be more revenue potential for the EFL clubs (mainly because of the Championship product) - dunno who's going to try and negotiate it, though, with the numpty EFL cronies in charge right now.