The Administration Thread

Boycie

18 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I don't know whether anyone has ever looked up what CK's business' declared USP is, but I haven't laughed so much in ages:

"We rapidly deploy proven solutions to solve common logistics problems"

Improve workforce productivity, eliminate wasted effort and accelerate customer outcomes. Slync’s industry solutions are built to optimize operational performance across many common logistics processes.

That sort of description is so common now though isnt it with online platforms. Often ask new clients to summarise the business and after 5 minutes waffle am none the wiser. 

Edited by CBRammette
Typo

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I still remember the day when Morris casually dropped out of the blue that the stadium was no longer a part of the club but owned by himself. 

At that point the alarm bells should have been well and truly ringing, don't think anyone really fully grasped the real import and magnitude of what happened on that day.

We should have moved to get him out of the club at that point. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing. 

The alarm bells were absolutely ringing for me. If I recall correctly, quite a few forum posters were relaxed about it. Some even suggesting it was a smart move.  Overconfident in Mel's business acumen (at the time) perhaps?

11 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

I don't know whether anyone has ever looked up what CK's business' declared USP is, but I haven't laughed so much in ages:

Improve workforce productivity, eliminate wasted effort and accelerate customer outcomes. Slync’s industry solutions are built to optimize operational performance across many common logistics processes.

Heard this all before and it makes me seethe. 'Yes you are working all the hours God sends but there are ways you can work SMARTER.'

I've heard all this crap before. We are all individuals not bloody robots!!

4 minutes ago, europia said:

The alarm bells were absolutely ringing for me. If I recall correctly, quite a few forum posters were relaxed about it. Some even suggesting it was a smart move.  Overconfident in Mel's business acumen (at the time) perhaps?

Most were taken in by Morris assuring us that the club was safe in his hands and that he wouldn’t do anything that would put us at risk - something he later seemed to forget….

Edited by Gaspode

18 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

You see that kind of crap on LinkedIn profiles.

It's even funnier when you actually know and have worked with the individuals whose put up something the Trades Description Act would take exception to. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You see that kind of crap on LinkedIn profiles.

It's even funnier when you actually know and have worked with the individuals whose put up something the Trades Description Act would take exception to. 

Business speak is equal parts hilarious and also convincing me that our species is doomed.

59 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

The issue for Mr Morris is that he owns a massive white elephant on liquidation.  In East Midlands league division seven (I can't be bothered to find the name of the actual league we'd go to), the stadium would be too big and expensive - no one will play there.  One way or another, he is going to be involved in this.  

Yep and it makes you wonder if him riding in to save the club from Gibson was more about being able to get his money off the hook for the stadium or as much of it as he could

9 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

If I remember correctly, Morgan sold Wolves to that Foosun thingy and at the time the team wasn’t very good. 
He will no doubt employ Mad Mick and/or Tom O’Connor, which won’t bode well at all. 

It was better than Derby County when Mel Morris first tried to sell us and he did find a buyer unlike Morris.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

42 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Are you not very good at your job then?

Yes very good at my job thank you. 
The apartment was built 20 years ago and sorting out 120 square metres of creaking chipboard flooring. The supports for the flooring are a joke !

I'm hopeful that with  two players with proper heavyweight wealth ( MA and Morgan ) showing interest, the relatively small amounts ( to them ) will result in some sort of deal  to avoid the minus 15 point penalty.

Both will want to outdo each other for the prize and the ego thing I hope will eventually lead to them conceding a little ( for what is for them ) chump change.

I say hope, for that's what it is - not expectation. Surely if it comes to a one on one, egos will lead to them conceding a little more cash to outdo the other.

Personally, I think Morgan is the more likely to concede something. MA's a more hardened poker player, but would he want to miss out on Pride Park being a huge Sports Direct mug shrine to his empire? He's the master of the financial end-game, but like any auction, if two people want it badly I'm hoping it'll become an Ebay-esque battle, with one waking up after a night on the p*** thinking " Did I really pay that much for THAT? "

Sorry, the alarm's just gone off. Was I dreaming?

Edited by Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster

13 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

If I remember correctly, Morgan sold Wolves to that Foosun thingy and at the time the team wasn’t very good. 
He will no doubt employ Mad Mick and/or Tom O’Connor, which won’t bode well at all. 

The wolves team he owned won the championship and was in the prem for 3 years. He also invested in their new training complex and turned down lots of offers to sell to the Fosun consortium because of their commitment to the club - and look where they are now. 

When he sold it, it wasn’t long after he’d supported the club back to the championship after relegation to league one. So I think he probably has all the experiences we need from a new owner. 

13 minutes ago, Dave Mackay Ate My Hamster said:

I'm hopeful that with  two players with proper heavyweight wealth ( MA and Morgan ) showing interest, the relatively small amounts ( to them ) will result in some sort of deal to construct a deal to avoid the minus 15 point penalty.

Both will want to outdo each other for the prize and the ego thing I hope will eventually lead to them conceding a little ( for what it is for them ) chump change.

I say hope, for that's what it is - not expectation. Surely if it comes to a one on one, egos will lead to them conceding a little more cash to outdo the other.

Personally, I think Morgan is the more likely to concede something. MA"s a more hardened poker player, but would he want to miss out on Pride Park being a huge Sports Direct mug shrine to his empire? He's the master of the financial end-game, but like any auction, if two people want it badly I'm hoping it'll become an Ebay-esque battle, with one waking up after a night on the p*** thinking " Did I really pay that much for THAT? "

Sorry, the alarm's just gone off. Was I dreaming?

I think there will be a lot of poker and going back and forth between all parties, my concern is how long will this take?

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Going completely silent on Twitter is also odd. You'd have thought he'd at least say he's withdrawn from the deal and why.

This is the biggest sign something was going wrong.

He's an active man on twitter, then he's just disappeared. He's a coward in my eyes..... if its gone tits up, money not gone through, whatever, just be a man, explain you've messed up and apologise.

I don't agree with any abuse he or anyone else gets, but if he just said yeah look, my finances have gone to s***, it won't pass AML, whatever, then he'll get a lot more understanding voices. The worst thing you can do after giving it the biggun, is falling off the face of the earth