The Administration Thread

Boycie

In the interests of fairness, I think all football club owners should take a lie-detector test annually, to ensure that their inner thoughts and attitudes meet the exacting standards required of club owners in 2022. After all, we can't assume that, simply because someone has never had an un-PC tweet, Facebook post or utterance come to light, they aren't racist, homophobic, misogynistic, anti-semitic, islamophobic, psychopathic or cruel to animals et al.

It's only fair.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m happy to look past some dodgy old tweets.

If I were him, I’d have the balls to come out and address it personally though. Especially after being so vocal on Twitter over the last few months.

Not all of the tweets are song lyrics or movie quotes, either.

His old tweets disappoint me no end. Not just dodgy but horrid.

Song lyrics or movie quotes - put them in context and I'll believe him. Things are often taken out of context and I'm still willing to back him but a little more cautious since the excitement and hope of this morning.

Edited by Miggins

7 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Problem with people in this country is they are more concerned about saying something wrong that may offend someone in a minority rather than looking what is really happening in this world and see to standing up and fighting against countries that think they can do as they please. 

Women aren't a minority

9 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Problem with people in this country is they are more concerned about saying something wrong that may offend someone in a minority rather than looking what is really happening in this world and see to standing up and fighting against countries that think they can do as they please. 

Don’t see the link between the two?

17 minutes ago, Miggins said:

His old tweets disappoint me no end. Not just dodgy but horrid.

Song lyrics or movie quotes - put them in context and I'll believe him. Things are often taken out of context and I'm still willing to back him but a little more cautious since the excitement and hope of this morning.

It’s a damn shame that our knight in shining armour, who has ridden in to rescue us, is tarnished. It’ll take more than a good rub with brasso to get the shine back.

i expect his comments may actually result in him not being taken forward, and we’ll be back at square one again.

Typical DCFC that nothing ever goes smoothly

Just now, Archied said:

There seems to be a whole industry built on digging to find if people have ever said anything stupid in they’re past and a whole lot of people wanting to judge and call for it to destroy the rest of they’re lives 

You think Kirchner might have known that? ?

43 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Ah, the classic "I can't be racist, I have black friends" defence.

Well, while I can never imagine I would have said anything like he did (past tense) I venture to suggest though that a fair few of our current membership and regular posters used language 30 years ago that they would be ashamed and embarrassed by today. I have very little interest in what a bumptious youff said in his past. 

TBH I think he’s loud, not very nice, probably a risk taker and chancer, possessed of a high BS rating, not my PB or type of person at all. But if he’s the one that keeps us going then I’ll swallow my pride while the universe unfolds as it is destined to. 

37 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Okay, he was 23. It was still 11 years ago. 

So all is forgiven then, Does he still hold those thoughts when he posted them?, Were they quotes from songs and films?, It maters not a jot to me if CK, MA or AA become the new owners, What would concern me would be the very negative comments from the media who have the sole purpose to make hay while social media shines, There's plenty of historical posts from those in the spotlight that have come back to haunt them.

What was initially good news for some is now turning inwards, No doubt there's more digging to come