The Administration Thread

Boycie

13 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Unless MSD plan on loaning us more and more money, I don't think the club has the funds to go beyond the end of the season, unless a new owner is found.

It would be allowed, but without proof of funding, there's not a chance.

If we only have five players that will save us on wages. Might have to play in a different league though , ie a 5 a side league. 

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

However, I hope the EFL show some common sense and allow us to enter contract discussions with players currently at the club before the end of May, if things look to be completed soon.

That is a big ask.  Perhaps once relegation is confirmed they might feel we can be treated fairly again.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

And Mel Morris told us all that he was our great benefactor who was in a position to do for Derby County what the Coates family had done for Stoke City. Reading that shows what a charlatan Mel really has turned out to be. I can't make up my mind whether to laugh or cry.

FFS Q get this takeover done so we can all put Mel Morris behind us.

21 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Maybe just maybe appley has got other rich backers that clear all the debts in one go.

If so that would open roon to bring in new young and experance players in one go.

Appleby paid the debts diwn using parachute payments, he's known for shrewd investment, not throwing money around.

I very much doubt there will be big signings under his stewardship.

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder if we would be allowed to start next season still in adminstration? We would not be allowed to start 2 seasons in adminstration, but that wouldn't be the case.

It would obviously need the EFL to loosen the embargo, but if they allowed us to sign free agents and feeless loans upto a certain wage, maybe £3.5 k per week, we ought to be able to cobble together a squad for League 1. Maybe a wage bill of £8m? That should be covetable with our income from walk up tickets - assuming not allowed to sell STs, and TV money.

Hopefully it won't come to that, but better than liquidation if there is a bid still being negotiated. 

If we were still in administration why would the EFL loosen the strings, nothing has changed. They will be more concerned that we can prove financially we can complete next season. If the administrators can't prove that then we will be expelled from the league.

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If we were still in administration why would the EFL loosen the strings, nothing has changed. They will be more concerned that we can prove financially we can complete next season. If the administrators can't prove that then we will be expelled from the league.

Correct - but I struggle with the idea of a 2 year business plan after admin. A new owner should be allowed a free hand to run the business as they see fit, not operate according to the whims of the EFL - they will after all, have been vettted by the EFL before they've been allowed to buy the club....