The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What's that based on?

He's only ever been an assistant manager.

On top of that why would new owners spend a fortune buying Derby, to then place the club in the hands of a complete novice if Rooney leaves.

Signing complete novices like Rooney, might have been a risk that MM was willing to take although i expect that might have had more to do with trying to lure a new buyer to derby as Rooneys name attached to the club might help with that.

Im not certain that the new owners would want to take risk if Rooney moves on.

2 minutes ago, Beetle said:

If anything happens on the managerial / coaching front we need to try and get Curtis Davies involved - can't imagine he will be able to play that many games next year.

Think he's more interested in journalism seeing as he's done a journalism degree in the last few years and has said it's what he wants to do for his post-playing career.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Everything we do for the next few years will come down to budget. We certainly won’t be able to pay managers 10 times more than every other team in the league. But look what Luton are doing on a tiny budget.It may be that we will have to watch Rowett style football for a while to get us competitive again.

Rowett style football?

Black Rifle Reaction GIF by Black Rifle Coffee Company

15 hours ago, Oldben said:

Hopefully the old guard will move on.

Rosenoir isn't good enough to promote derby.

To say he’s unproven as a manager is valid but none of us know if he’s good enough to get us promoted or not.

To an extent, the same could be said of Rooney (although I would be very happy if he stayed). He has done, given the hand he’s been dealt, an outstanding job but, we don’t know what he’d be like under normal circumstances when our backs are not against the wall.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

He's only ever been an assistant manager.

On top of that why would new owners spend a fortune buying Derby, to then place the club in the hands of a complete novice if Rooney leaves.

Signing complete novices like Rooney, might have been a risk that MM was willing to take although i expect that might have had more to do with trying to lure a new buyer to derby as Rooneys name attached to the club might help with that.

Im not certain that the new owners would want to take risk if Rooney moves on.

Bob Paisley had only been a assistant manager when he took over from Bill Shankly, didn't turn out to bad for Liverpool. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Also, at what point do Rooney and Rosenior graduate from being novices? They've packed some experience into the short time they've been in charge. Had to deal with a lot more than some managers twice their age!

Also if WR bails who's to say he'll not ask LR to follow him and the rest of the coaching staff

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Think he's more interested in journalism seeing as he's done a journalism degree in the last few years and has said it's what he wants to do for his post-playing career.

I need to try and find where he goes on holiday (I did see him running in Devon last Summer I think). Few pints down the pub and I reckon we could presuade him to stay on. He could join the RamsTV team as well. All boxes ticked.

Edited by Beetle

2 hours ago, RipleyRich said:

That excerpt from the Jordan statement alarms me TBH.

I wondered how and why MSD were loaning more money to fund Administration and Fulfilling Fixtures. On the surface of it, it just seems to make everything a whole lot more complicated, in that there is more debt on the Clubs books that is personally underwritten by MM?

What is the actual debt to MSD now? We know about the £20m loan the club has secured against the stadium, but what`s been added since the documents were filed at Companies House?

Also if as suggested these loans are at c10% interest, what`s that costing? Are the bidders / interested parties quibbling about taking those loans on? certainly at that interest rate I`d be negotiating hard!

And that's why you are just some random internet poster getting your knickers in a twist when Simon Jordan, rent-a-gob, opens his mouth, and not an insolvency practitioner charging £400 per hour. .

1 hour ago, Beetle said:

If anything happens on the managerial / coaching front we need to try and get Curtis Davies involved - can't imagine he will be able to play that many games next year.

Agree that he could have a good coaching future but think he will still be capable as a player next year if he wants to carry on.