The Administration Thread

Boycie

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think Rooney will go and wouldn't suprise me if part of the delay with potential new owners is they were hoping he would walk with all the poo thrown his way.

He must be on a fairly big wage for a championship manager and an astronomical wage for a league 1 manager.

I would be auprised if Rooney stopped. You never know, we could get Lampard back, league 1 is about his level.

Ha ha totally agree, only Frank, his cronies & and Uncle ‘Arry think otherwise. Even the Everton owner must be having his doubts at the moment!!!

1 hour ago, Birdyabroad said:

I’ve tried to remain optimistic, believing that we’re too much of a ‘brand’ to go down the tubes, surely someone will rescue us right?

But, today, with the Ebosele news, I’m finally defeated.

For years, like many, I’ve been excited at the prospect of our academy finally bearing fruit and, just as it does, due to our financial predicament, we’re losing them all one-by-one on free’s or for peanuts.

I firmly believe that, even if we get a new owner, this will put us in the wilderness in League One (Or even lower) for possibly a decade.

We’ve sold our future, have six or something signed players and will have to fill the team with lower league journeymen, less talented youngsters and loans from teams like Norwich, West Brom, Watford, etc.

It looks desperate from here.

I was a Mel Morris fan, thought he was a Derby lad made good and I felt the buzz when we made high profile signings (I would have been less thrilled if I knew the future was being gambled with).

Now, he is going to have to live with the fact that his legacy is that he’s financially ruined the club at worst or has set the club back ten years at best.

?

Good news then, in the event that we are taken over, I seriously doubt that any new owners will not plan to return to the Championship to try and make money ASAP.

Who would spend millions bailing out derby to see them floundering in the lower League's.

There might a question about who replaces Rooney, if he leaves and the club's in League one.

There is a massive question about what players join derby if the clubs playing in league one.

Which new academy players can derby hope to sign to strengthen a depleted academy.

Which new coaches join the club, when coaches leave the club much like the players because they want to coach at a least championship level.

Derby will have little available time to sort out signing enough new players to have a playable squad. I think that means they will have to pay above the odds to bring quality into the team.

If derby get a 15 point deduction next season combined with only signing poor quality players, you could have the club staring at relegation from league one instead of potential promotion.

No way I can see any new owners signing up to that.

11 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve given Q benefit of the doubt more than most, Mel has left a horrific mess, they are selling a turd quite frankly so don’t know what some people expect regarding bids and progress.

However, they’ve given a deadline directly to Team Derby and the MPs which I dont believe they’ve done previously. It may be a deadline of sorts as their wording probably gives them wriggle room to avoid announcing a preferred bidder this week but not much, selecting a preferred bidder this week would surely mean EFL meeting next week and an announcement unless there is another EFL curveball. 

I think if we don’t make progress on the PB in the next two weeks then while that won’t mean certain liquidation as some will infer, any shred of credibility Q have left will be gone.

That’s pretty much what I think.  They must have allowed Team Derby to go public with their statement yesterday so they must be in the final knockings.

I suspect they’ll select the bidder this week then have to get EFL board approval to the bidders plan before going public, which I think is what your suggesting.  It’ll just come down to whether they agree everything in time for this weeks meeting or next week, meaning an announcement this Friday or next.  If I was in Quantuma’s position, if I’ve selected the bidder but waiting EFL approval I’d make a statement to that effect, taking the pressure off and giving reassurance.

Knowing our luck it’ll be next Friday and no one will believe them as it’s 1st April!!

1 hour ago, Brammie Steve said:

I honestly can't see Wayne being tempted away from the Rams by a glamour club like Stoke City!

He is doing his managerial cred no harm by remaining loyal to DCFC  and showing coolness under fire!

Money is clearly not a major factor as he did not show serious interest in managing a club like Everton as a fledgling manager.

Rooney Rooney IN IN IN!

He'll be leading Everton's promotion bid next season. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I think Rooney will go mate 

Tend to agree with you.He’s the highest paid manager in our division and could actually afford to buy the Club with his personal wealth! 
I can’t see any prospective new owner putting up with his salary in League 1 or him taking a reduction and being asked to oversee a major overhaul.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13753313/wayne-rooney-derby-manager-man-utd-2/

57 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Good news then, in the event that we are taken over, I seriously doubt that any new owners will not plan to return to the Championship to try and make money ASAP.

Who would spend millions bailing out derby to see them floundering in the lower League's.

There might a question about who replaces Rooney, if he leaves and the club's in League one.

There is a massive question about what players join derby if the clubs playing in league one.

Which new academy players can derby hope to sign to strengthen a depleted academy.

Which new coaches join the club, when coaches leave the club much like the players because they want to coach at a least championship level.

Derby will have little available time to sort out signing enough new players to have a playable squad. I think that means they will have to pay above the odds to bring quality into the team.

If derby get a 15 point deduction next season combined with only signing poor quality players, you could have the club staring at relegation from league one instead of potential promotion.

No way I can see any new owners signing up to that.

It could have been worse, if that Cardiff player didn’t score in the last few minutes of last season, we’d be at the bottom of league 1 now and looking at a 15 point deduction in league 2 with no players.

21 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Tend to agree with you.He’s the highest paid manager in our division and could actually afford to buy the Club with his personal wealth! 
I can’t see any prospective new owner putting up with his salary in League 1 or him taking a reduction and being asked to oversee a major overhaul.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13753313/wayne-rooney-derby-manager-man-utd-2/

Why have you included a link to an article that's over a year old announcing Rooney as the new manager.

I wouldn't have known if it hadn't been for this. 

Rooney is under contract until 2023. No new owner is going to sack him as it'll cost too much. He wants to manage in the PL and I have no doubt he'll choose the club with the best chance of being there within the next couple of seasons.

Maybe once he sees the plans of the new owner he'll stick around for the project. Maybe Everton will be after him if they get relegated. Perhaps another club chasing promotion or even in the PL will take a gamble. We'll have a better idea when the summer comes.

10 minutes ago, curb said:

It could have been worse, if that Cardiff player didn’t score in the last few minutes of last season, we’d be at the bottom of league 1 now and looking at a 15 point deduction in league 2 with no players.

And if results go in our favour for the rest of the season, it could be that cardiff player that sends us down, on the last game off the season

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

He'll be leading Everton's promotion bid next season. 

That’s quite a scary thought. Don’t think it will happen but I think Everton are the only club never to have been relegated ? Any know for sure ? 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

That’s quite a scary thought. Don’t think it will happen but I think Everton are the only club never to have been relegated ? Any know for sure ? 

They've only been relegated from the top flight twice, 1930 and 1951

Edited by Rammy03

46 minutes ago, KBB said:

How do you know he isn't good enough?

Apologies, I should have rephrased.

Imagine you had just spent millions buying derby, would you risk a seriously under experienced manager on a promotion push.

Especially if you potentially had 15 point deduction to deal with before starting the season.