The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The EFL have already done that to themselves. Their conduct in this process has been noted by multiple MP's and wont exactly help them when the calls for regulation start to appear.

For me Gibson is like someone in a ranting / argument match on Facebook who just couldn’t let the conversation go. It happens ! 

The EFL have always been the enemy. Inept, careless , seemingly open to undue influence, inconsistent and inequitable. 

18 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Well if you can’t tease your mates over their drinks choices I guess there is nothing left.. Ale drinkers get the “Looks like my piss” comment… Carling drinkers get the “I wouldn’t get pissed on your cooking lager” comment…

Al classic pub banter and the worlds a better place for it hurrah..

Mates fine. 

Bearded strangers wondering over to your table to comment on your pint of San Miguel, while holding a pewter of Catweasels piss is quite another.

As is others lamenting your choice of lager on the internet, while espousing the qualities of the equally mass produced DoomBar, which is brewed nowhere near its origin, by nowhere near the original brewers.

Boring AF.

Subject : Derby County Administration
Query : Hi . Please could you assist in saving Derby County . I just don’t understand why you are not intervening in the Boro/ Wycombe claims against Derby County and I know you say that is not the only problem which I understand but it’s a starting point. It seems you are willing to let a member club die because Derby’s administrators Quantuma can’t name a preferred bidder until this is sorted . I know you say it’s impossible to intervene because you have to treat 72 member clubs equally. Derby have a massive fan base and if Derby were liquidated it would not only effect the City of Derby but the wider football world . I could go on about amortisation and ground sales etc etc but that is water under the bridge and Derby County have excepted a 21 point deduction this season. Yours Sincerely Dave

Had a reply today 

Hello,

Thank you for your email, we acknowledge your views.

As you may be aware, the EFL was informed, on Friday 11 February, of an update in respect of the claim by Middlesbrough FC against Derby County. The EFL welcomes the positive development that an agreement has now been reached, and will now continue to work with all relevant parties on finding the appropriate solutions that will secure a long term future for Derby County.

While recognising this remains a challenging time for everyone connected to the Club, the EFL’s previous statements (the last issued on Thursday 3 February here) have reiterated the requirement for relevant and associated parties to enter formal collaborative negotiations to actively seek out the compromises and solutions.

As a point of clarification, and for the avoidance of doubt, the EFL had not declared the claims made by Middlesbrough and Wycombe as football debt, rather that under the terms of the EFL’s Insolvency Policy, the claims cannot be ignored. Put another way, the EFL cannot rule that they are not creditors as the claims may subsequently be upheld by independent process.

Further to the latest update, the EFL will endeavour to provide any updates on progress achieved as discussions continue with all relevant parties.

Thank you for contacting the EFL

Regards

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Mates fine. 

Bearded strangers wondering over to your table to comment on your pint of San Miguel, while holding a pewter of Catweasels piss is quite another.

As is others lamenting your choice of lager on the internet, while espousing the qualities of the equally mass produced DoomBar, which is brewed nowhere near its origin, by nowhere near the original brewers.

Boring AF.

Wow, who pissed in your pint of cat's piss?

Q) You can say 100% that Mel Morris is not influencing who the next owner of this football club is?

Absolutely, hand on heart, absolutely. Nor indeed where we selected by Mel. I met Mr Morris about eight days after the administration. I had never met him before. I have found him to be very helpful in providing background information, but no more than that. This assumption that we are controlled by him is fantasy land and has no merit whatsoever.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-middlesbrough-efl-gibson-6646390

Drink whatever you want.

Most mass porduced beer is pretty generic anyway.

I like bitter and mild but larger has it's place, i like a nice scotch for slowly sipping, there's a lot of meals a nice red wine goes with but i wouldn't generally drink in wine in a pub.

There's a whole world of intoxicating acholic beverages out there to enjoy responsibly, from Bourbon to ouzo, from carling to beer that isn't carling, from sweet cherry brandy to buckfast to frosty jack, tonight, is a good night for a small drinkie poos.

Or not.

Whatever.

The biggest barrier to saving the club has been removed today.

13 minutes ago, Rev said:

Mates fine. 

Boring AF.

See you're sort of in line with my view here and sort of not.

On the one hand you've coming out with outdated nonsense about camra card holding drinkers and tired old 'comedy' beer names (90s comedians want their poo material back)

On the other hand you're slagging off doom bar for being massed produced and nothing like the original version of it which shows more understanding than you're perhaps letting on!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Agree. Of course there was money involved. But MM would not want this disclosed 

I mean. Something was exchanged for certain. But since this was a standoff between two multimillionaires with paper thin egos. The compensation could have been something as ridiculous as a Pokémon card Morris outbid Gibson for ten years ago. 

Gibson had Derby over a barrel given the current (outdated according to English law)EFL rules. And I will never pat Morris on the back, but he did (finally) step in and resolve the biggest hurdle. So ?‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

See you're sort of in line with my view here and sort of not.

On the one hand you've coming out with outdated nonsense about camra card holding drinkers and tired old 'comedy' beer names (90s comedians want their poo material back)

On the other hand you're slagging off doom bar for being massed produced and nothing like the original version of it which shows more understanding than you're perhaps letting on!

The thread is in danger of flying off topic but duck it we're going for a record here so might as well wade into this.

I prefer a good ale, much more drinkable, much more flavour. In lots of micropubs and ale pubs a lot more unique. That said, if your response to a hot summers day barbecue is a room temperature bottle of ale over a crisp cold San Miguel you've gone wrong somewhere