The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No just saying that there is a difference from a club like QPR deliberately breaking FFP rules and hoping they will get away with it by getting promoted… which is the worst kind of breach.

Whereas Doing what other clubs do to get around FFP legally but due to incompetence or whatever failing to do it is a lesser crime.

that’s how the wendies penalty was fixed at only six points and if you think that is one eyed drivel we’ll take that up with Lord Dyson QC.

You are not getting it are you. Morris did overspend, and broke FFP limits, ultimately hoping he would get away with it by getting promoted. His spending in the Lampard era was his last big gamble, before deciding getting any of his money back via a sale involving that chancer Samuelson (was his best way out).

As for taking Sheffield Weds position up with Dyson, I won’t bother thanks as I am still waiting for a refund from them on a vacuum.

Edited by i-Ram

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

That didn’t sound good. What were the positive developments the EFL were referring to? Doesn’t sound positive at all.

it would help if the MPs were allowed to speak about stuff. It all makes it even more worrying when we don’t know what is going on.

Oddly in about the 1st 30 seconds (?) she said she was positive (am I misremembering?) but then went on to firmly 'manage fans expectations'. 

She did say that she thought pressure was being bought to bare on the right people now (or words to that effect).

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Forgive stupid question, but...

Does this mean P&S is not part of the accounts - i.e. submtting for P&S is a separate process to submitting full accounts?

Correct. The EFL review P&S submissions which are based on the accounts.

Publishing accounts is a requirement on companies and presumably part of the EFL rulesis that clubs will publish the accounts that they are legally required to (pretty uncontroversial requirement TBH)

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-press-conference-live-6565522

Rooney:

"I've just come off the phone with them (administrators) five mins ago. Where we are at, there is no big update I can give you.
There will be no players leaving.
They have reassured me Tom Lawrence will not be going and that is pleasing because he is a player I want to keep.
Everton approached my agent and asked me to interview for the vacant job which I turned down. I have a job here I am doing, which is an important job to me and that means me getting the team ready for Sunday."

24 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Just wondering a couple of things, would a failure in 14/15-16/17 definitely have been expected in 18/19 as opposed to 17/18, the season following the failure? Also, I didn’t think there was a 3 year period for 17/18-19/20? Because of Covid wasn’t it changed to 17/18-20/21 a 4 year period, with the average of years 19/20 and 20/21?

Just to add, the 19/20 and 20/21 years are averaged out until they fall out of the reporting period

2020: 17/18  +  18/19  +  19/20
2021: 17/18  + 18/19  +  (19/20+20/21)/2
2022: 18/19  +  (19/20+20/21)/2  +  21/22
2023: (19/20+20/21)/2  +  21/22  +  22/23
2024: 21/22  +  22/23  +  23/24

25 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Exactly - But you can't change something that was probably already decided months ago. 

I believe one of our punishments (without public knowledge) was to not let us do any business during this transfer window. 

I agree with you greatly, just frustrated our voices have been heard but nothing is moving at all

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-press-conference-live-6565522

Rooney:

"I've just come off the phone with them (administrators) five mins ago. Where we are at, there is no big update I can give you.
They have reassured me Tom Lawrence will not be going and that is pleasing because he is a player I want to keep.
Everton approached my agent and asked me to interview for the vacant job which I turned down. I have a job here I am doing, which is an important job to me and that means me getting the team ready for Sunday."

Once again Wayne Rooney standing head and shoulders above the Admins, EFL, Mel, local MPs, etc.

A clear and concise update, in fact best one I’ve heard from anyone for a few days.

Just going to focus on Sundays game now, looking forward to attending along with my youngest son.

COYR.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Rooney:

If that doesn’t make you believe we can stay up, nothing will. 

Let’s go and achieve the unthinkable. 

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The very least I would expect is to signal what exactly is being done… other than just talking… what if any progress has been made?

"We had complex discussions about complex issues, and we plan to have some more."

I was actually quite annoyed by the blithe statement that key issues were "well known". No, they really aren't. We know bits and pieces picked up from media leaks and partial statements. We are looking to the MPs to listen to both sides and clarify the details!

Edited by vonwright

3 minutes ago, 61GT said:

Once again Wayne Rooney standing head and shoulders above the Admins, EFL, Mel, local MPs, etc.

A clear and concise update, in fact best one I’ve heard from anyone for a few days.

Just going to focus on Sundays game now, looking forward to attending along with my youngest son.

COYR.

Spot on re Rooney. What a bloke. Regardless of outcome he’s gone up massively in my opinion of him. A Ram.