The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"On Twitter, One Director singer and Derby fan Niall Horan reacted to the possibility of Ashley taking over, writing: "Please no!"

You ducking buy us then!

The replies on that thread are amazing, particularly when Ross Davenport dares to disagree with him.

Honestly do not understand those who can’t see the positives in this. 

Before this news, we had Appleby as only bidder, his offer rumoured not to be enough which made the prospect of a long protracted painful restructuring plan most likely and starting next season on -15 points. This bid takes that all off the table and also gives us the stability we need to keep as much of the squad together as possible and ensures we don’t sell prize assets for peanuts! Forest can duck off now they ain’t getting Buchanan unless they pay top dollar!!!

The potential delay with him being so late in the process is irrelevant (although looks like he’s moving quickly), due to embargo restrictions around admin we’re limited as to what we can do anyway, priority is to try and keep this group together and extend likes of Buchanan etc.

Also, if Appleby has serious backers he may come back for another bid. This can only be good news.

As for all the Geordie fans on Twitter (apart from the few who actually talk sense and say this is a good thing) Newcastle is a completely different situation to Derby. They’d just been in Champions League but that was all done with heavy spending from rich owners who were Geordie fans living the dream, not sustainable and saddled with debt when he took them over. Most Geordies were blissfully ignorant of the mess they were in. We’re at Rock Bottom, need saving, Ashley is perfect for us right now, there will come a time whether in the championship or premier league where we want more ambition but we’re miles away from that right now. 

I guess this is where see who is most reliable as all the below usual suspects have tonight provided 3 different scenario's/timescales - 

John Percy - says exclusivity decision expected later this month

Alan Nixon - says a sale cannot be done until Wycombe & Middlesbrough are sorted

Sky Sports News - say Ashley could be named as preferred bidder within 48 hours

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I guess this is where see who is most reliable as all the below usual suspects have tonight provided 3 different scenario's/timescales - 

John Percy - says exclusivity decision expected later this month

Alan Nixon - says a sale cannot be done until Wycombe & Middlesbrough are sorted

Sky Sports News - say Ashley could be named as preferred bidder within 48 hours

Bloody hope it’s not end of month for a decision 

From what I gather these were Newcastle's biggest gripes with Ashley:

• Sports Direct everywhere (I'd rather visit the Sports Direct Stadium that we own, rather a stadium we don't)
  • No ambition (Got close in the 90's now a mid-table Premier League, my heart bleeds...)
  • Didn't spend big on players (They were record holders with Shearer and I think it went to their head, let's be honest even at Derby's peak for anyone under 40 we hardly splashed the cash. Stimac, Poom, Wanchope, Baiano, Eranio etc hardly broke transfer records but what excellent signings they were)

Bottom line is Ashley or no Derby County, I'd take Ashley.

Besides people wanted a billionaire takeover well...

image.png.ef70688b60dd8db06843bd7003dfe5ae.png

BUT THAT'S NOT THE BILLIONAIRE I WANTED!! please... at least he's visited Derby, I'd imagine the Sheik thought we had something to do with either The Kentucky Derby or Demolition Derby on the ps1. 

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Yeah seriously wealthy guy that has lots of experience in English football including2 x championship promotions and Running a club sensibly in the prem. Give your head a swivel

There's more to life than money.

You may be too short sighted to understand that there's even more to life than Derby County.

This is nothing to do with Newcastle United or the views of their entitled fans.

This is to do with Mike Ashley, the unpleasant person and terrible employer.

So swivel whatever you like.... And learn more about life, the world and everything in it.

I think I know how Ashley would deal with Gibson.

Invite him for a meeting in a country pub. Threaten to have him thrown in to a canal. Vomit in a fireplace after sinking a load of beer. Leave without elaborating any further. Problem solved.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

17 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

It was originally a Millennium Project bid, we lost out London of course, but the bids that did not win got some extra  funding.

Agree, that’s when and why the City Pride project was set up. Wouldn’t mind if the name changed to a sponsorship name though

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

You may be too short sighted to understand that there's even more to life than Derby County.

This is nothing to do with Newcastle United or the views of their entitled fans.

So swivel whatever you like.... And learn more about life, the world and everything in it.

I applaud your morals @IslandExile, but football doesn’t have any moral standards, would you see players gobbing and verbally assaulting the umpire in Cricket, or any other sport. We need an owner with the financial means to rebuild the club, that’s the bottom line.

47 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

What a bloke.

CA95D6B6-9CC6-4856-B8F6-6DD5E4973538.jpeg

Is this in the Joiners?

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

You are clearly VERY naive. There's no such thing as a nice/pleasant successful business owner, they are all bar stewards, in fact, ruthless bar stewards by nature. People think Gibson at Boro is a nice guy ffs!

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I applaud your morals @IslandExile, but football doesn’t have any moral standards, would you see players gobbing and verbally assaulting the umpire in Cricket, or any other sport. We need an owner with the financial means to rebuild the club, that’s the bottom line.

What does he know about Appleby, Rush et al's morals then?

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

We need the club to survive - for sure - but I would much rather a different owner than Ashley. That's all.

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think I know how Ashley would deal with Gibson.

Invite him for a meeting in a country pub. Threaten to have him thrown in to a canal. Vomit in a fireplace after sinking a load of beer. Leave without elaborating any further. Problem solved.

I think you are thinking of Boris ?