Richard Keogh

DarkFruitsRam7

Richard Keogh - How Will You React?  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cant believe this is still going on .

Keogh is Damn Captain that alone made him have EXTRA responsabilities ,should be sacked was sacked the fact he has won compo is unbelievable and down to Mel mistake of keeping the others .

Lawrence  Should have been sacked for god sake he RAN OFF leaving someone in a car that could have caught fire .

Bennett      Same as above 

Mel - Shocking handling of not sacking them all and has lead to Keogh winning his compo by keeping the younger 2 players . Mel was totally right to sack Keogh but he should have sacked them all . 

The whole sorry mess is still a mess and Keogh deserves NOTHING today in the sound of applause . 

Edited by NottsRammy

33 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Keogh is Damn Captain that alone made him have EXTRA responsabilities ,should be sacked was sacked the fact he has won compo is unbelievable and down to Mel mistake of keeping the others .

Lawrence  Should have been sacked for god sake he RAN OFF leaving someone in a car that could have caught fire .

Mel - Shocking handling of not sacking them all and has lead to Keogh winning his compo by keeping the younger 2 players . Mel was totally right to sack Keogh but he should have sacked them all . 

The whole sorry mess is still a mess and Keogh deserves NOTHING today in the sound of applause . 

If we had fined him the six weeks pay that Lawrence and Bennett got we would ultimately saved money - strange world 

3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

They sacked him because he refused to take a pay cut due to his long term injuries that weren’t the fault of the club.  Had he accepted the reduced term, he’d have stayed and made a recovery and back up to full pay.

The other two lads weren’t injured, but did carry more resale to the club than Keogh did, Keogh wages were a problem.

Thats business I’m afraid, Mel would have know our financial situation and tried to save money.  It didn’t work out that way and he thought he’d got grounds for dismissal.

He hadn’t, and the rests history.

Did Keogh get his full payout though due to going into Administration?

Ashamed to be a Derby fan today.

Keogh always gave absolutely everything in a Derby shirt during his seven years with us, player of the year twice, as good as it gets at this level, picked in all of the various Derby teams of the decade. On a personal level, he was fantastic with my two boys when they were mascots and he was captain. But yeah let's boo him for getting injured in an accident which due process has concluded he wasn't at fault for.

His sacking was indefensible. It was always obvious he'd win his appeal. Just another example of Mel doing a Boris and thinking the rules didn't apply to him.  

Embarrassed to be associated with those of you that booed Keogh. Derby fans used to be so much better than this.

40 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Keogh always gave absolutely everything in a Derby shirt during his seven years with us, player of the year twice, as good as it gets at this level, picked in all of the various Derby teams of the decade. On a personal level, he was fantastic with my two boys when they were mascots and he was captain. But yeah let's boo him for getting injured in an accident which due process has concluded he wasn't at fault for.

His sacking was indefensible. It was always obvious he'd win his appeal. Just another example of Mel doing a Boris and thinking the rules didn't apply to him.  

Embarrassed to be associated with those of you that booed Keogh. Derby fans used to be so much better than this.

The same Derby fans who gave Poom a heroes ovation when he scored against them in the last minute when we were perilously close to the drop, were the same one's to give Paul Williams and Paul Kitson absolute pelters when they came back. In my opinion Derby fans are very fair in both respects, always have been and nothings changed.  

1 hour ago, Red Ram said:

Embarrassed to be associated with those of you that booed Keogh. Derby fans used to be so much better than this.l

If he'd apologised or even acknowledged some fault for his part in it fair enough.

Glad that he was nice to your boys but that's all part of the keeping up appearances stuff that comes with the responsibility of being captain.

I'm sure you're critical of Lawrence but if your kids were mascots this season they'd probably say the same stuff about him. Its like a barmaid being nice and friendly and you convincing yourself they fancy you, they don't, it's just their job.

He's (Keogh) made a career out of making himself the most popular bloke in the dressing room, and it's one of the reasons he's been made captain despite  never really showing it on the pitch when it really mattered. Just as he showed no leadership skills at the Joiners arms.

It was typical of his leadership style - make an error then spend the next minute pointing the finger elsewhere, ranting and raving about everyone else, never his fault.

He's shown his true colours, it's a shame, no it's alarming, that you can't see them and insist on refusing to hold him responsible for any of his own actions.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Felt like I was the only one giving him the banker sign in a sea of applause as he did a lap at the end!

I gave him the finger, I was surprised to see him get such a good reception at the end.

I didn't boo him though, just really wanted him to score an O.G.!

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

I gave him the finger, I was surprised to see him get such a good reception at the end.

I didn't boo him though, just really wanted him to score an O.G.!

He wasn't getting a good reception though.

The fans were applauding our team for their efforts, the Blackpool players were over in the corner before ours. 

The two events may coincide to look like he was getting applause (to reciprocate his hollow applause towards us) from us, but the nearer he for the the corner the more the boos came out.

The chants for him to start the bounce were surely ironic, knowing he wouldn't and giving another reason to boo, followed of course by the chants for a proper leader like Curtis knowing how would react.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He wasn't getting a good reception though.

The fans were applauding our team for their efforts, the Blackpool players were over in the corner before ours. 

The two events may coincide to look like he was getting applause (to reciprocate his hollow applause towards us) from us, but the nearer he for the the corner the more the boos came out.

When he walked in front of the SW Upper applauding, he definitely got a good, surprisingly loud rendition of the 'Keogh, Keogh' chant from those around me.