Richard Keogh

DarkFruitsRam7

Richard Keogh - How Will You React?  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

No it wasn't but he still caused injury to a Third party  by causing an accident whilst DUI, Injuries serious enough that prevented the Third party from carrying out his employment

That’s not the context in which i made the comment. What people do outside of work is nothing to do with work. You can go out and drink yourself unconscious out of work, it’s not a sackable offence. Until it stops you from performing your duties. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

You are sure Derbyshire police would have made it public knowledge despite not charging him? I am sure they wouldn't.

Keogh had a big interview with the Guardian in which he claimed (wrongly i Think as  photographic evidence shows) that he did not spend the evening with Tom Lawrence. He didn't mention that he was wearing a seatbelt depite many references to him not wearing one.

That's what i said,they would have charged him and made it public.No charge so nothing to report.

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

That’s not the context in which i made the comment. What people do outside of work is nothing to do with work. You can go out and drink yourself unconscious out of work, it’s not a sackable offence. Until it stops you from performing your duties. 

But it's the context which i made it,Lawrence caused his injuries.Keogh went out and got drunk allegedly but his injuries were caused by someone else so in your context he shouldn't have been sacked just because he got drunk.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You were asking for a summary of the decision which is what I just provided.

Now you won't accept it after I did.

I give up. 

I was asking for the account of the proceedings, and reasons and justifications for the findings , as you get with proper employment tribunals. not just the verdict as filtered through an EFL statement.

My Dad never forgives him for QPR, when we were on top and right for the PL. I'm not quite so harsh, he had a lot of good in him, and tremendous effort.

I don't blame him for suing us, and he won, it tells me we probably treated him badly.

That said, I never liked him. He was never my favourite. Always had a mistake in him, as far as I'm concerned.

Part of the problem is we haven't had real quality at CB for years. Remember Wright, Stimac, Big Dave, even Coleman and Comyn? He was just the best we've had recently, nothing special.

I'm sitting on the fence. Meeting some mates in the Brunswick tomorrow, whose opinion I value. I'll ask do I boo or clap? I'm leaning toward booing.

2 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Neve ceases to amaze me how mean spirited people can be. 

Hang on .. read the posts .. there are a lot of people saying, in essence, what a pity/if only.  Apart from the odd one I see “people” balancing the discussion looking at a big picture, seeing rights and wrongs .. and reaching a conclusion. I don’t think that is mean spirited 

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Because of Lawrences stupidity

Sorry don’t see your point. They all behaved abominably .. Lawrence was still able to come to work and do the job he was paid for.
Keogh wasn’t .. and Keogh was the club captain, a mature man and should have known better. They all had the money, the resources, the opportunity to not do what they did. 

31 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But it's the context which i made it,Lawrence caused his injuries.Keogh went out and got drunk allegedly but his injuries were caused by someone else so in your context he shouldn't have been sacked just because he got drunk.

But by his actions (getting in the back of the car with a drunk driver not wearing a seat belt) he sustained injuries which led to him being unable to play 

4 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Accept a lower wage while I was out of action because of my own lack of care for my own physical condition. Be thankful that my employer didn't take a far harsher route in dealing with me.

Work hard to to regain the trust of the people who'd employed be for many years despite me making high profile mistakes which cost my employer tens of millions.

Recognise that while I was unfortunate to only 1 of 5 injured in a completely unavoidable incident, it's tough luck, life isn't fair.

Same as most of us, unless we're entitled dheads with an inflated sense of self worth.

That's just an easy thing to say. 99% of footballers would do what Keogh did, and I bet 99% of the people on here would do what Keogh did if they were footballers and not Derby fans. Yes Keogh should have been punished but it's literally against the law to punish him as severely as Mel tried to. Boos should be directed at Mel if anywhere.