Richard Keogh

DarkFruitsRam7

Richard Keogh - How Will You React?  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So how was he a bad influence then?

Who Keogh? Look for the information yourself. It was talked about at the time, with even talk of parents of the youngster getting involved - but obviously this is all just hearsay and we know what kind of a bloke Keogh was as captain so I'll leave it there for you to search further if you're bothered.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who Keogh? Look for the information yourself. It was talked about at the time, with even talk of parents of the youngster getting involved - but obviously this is all just hearsay and we know what kind of a bloke Keogh was as captain so I'll leave it there for you to search further if you're bothered.

Nah I can’t be bothered. I just think, and this is my opinion, that he is being cast as the one and only villain that night and since and we’re choosing to overlook ant good things he did.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Nah I can’t be bothered. I just think, and this is my opinion, that he is being cast as the one and only villain that night and since and we’re choosing to overlook ant good things he did.

Didn't think you'd be bothered. He's being cast as the one of the villains. And when compared to the others, the comparison leaves him looking the worst, for many fans. Being a poor role-model is just a big part of that in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

There's no doubt that Keogh has done good things, Unfortunately in many walks of life... it's the BAD things that are picked up on, There's not much life in the Good, But wow...there's a ton of life in the Bad...ask Roos ?

2 hours ago, Spooney1963 said:

Keogh  was a good player, leader and Captain who always gave his all for the club

Yes he had a mistake in him but his other attributes far outweighed that as proven by always being picked by every manager

he was badly treated by a chairman who we can now all agree was awful at running this great club

Good luck to him

He was just absolute crap as a footballer.One of the least talented ever to wear a Derby shirt.I just don’t understand some fans love in with him.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If I would have been there...I would not have applauded or booed him, If fans want to then so be it, But don't forget this, We as fans have the right to do what WE believe is best for us, Either by word or action, Not many are able to walk up to Keogh and tell him what they think of him GOOD or BAD, So the only way is to applaud or Boo, Coconut's Beard needs no support from me but I get where he is...it's that thing that you love that has been shat on in some peoples opinion that gets under our skin.

Not if it brings the club into disrepute or in any way affects the outcome of administration and new ownership. Now I appreciate booing Keogh won’t do that (even though personally I think it’s a waste of breath) but we are all responsible for our own actions and the safety of a crowd can often lead people into shouting and doing some dumb things.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Not if it brings the club into disrepute or in any way affects the outcome of administration and new ownership. Now I appreciate booing Keogh won’t do that (even though personally I think it’s a waste of breath) but we are all responsible for our own actions and the safety of a crowd can often lead people into shouting and doing some dumb things.

I'll say it again "we have the right" if this RIGHT affects others then they will have to deal with the concequences, Is it seen as illegal to bring the "club into disrepute"? or "affects the outcome of administration"? don't get confused with what's right in peoples minds and what's illegal

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't think you'd be bothered. He's being cast as the one of the villains. And when compared to the others, the comparison leaves him looking the worst, for many fans. Being a poor role-model is just a big part of that in my opinion.

He got in the car….

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OK. So let's focus on what we believe are probably the indisputable facts for that fateful night and since.

Keogh, it would appear, was the worse for wear from drinking too much and failed to put his seat belt on in the car. A minor indiscretion compared to the criminal offences caused by others.

His contract was terminated - in his opinion - unfairly. The cost to him being in the millions.

The court, who unlike us, would have seen all the evidence and heard arguments from both sides, agreed with Keogh. If it was deemed he was a bad influence on the younger players on that one solitary night then the court didn't deem it serious enough to sack him. If proven, he should probably have just had the captaincy taken off him.

Since then, he has taken the club to court and won meaning he is now one of the many creditors. Are you telling me that if you thought you'd been dismissed unfairly and it was going to cost you a significant amount, you wouldn't take it further? 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

OK. So let's focus on what we believe are probably the indisputable facts for that fateful night and since.

Keogh, it would appear, was the worse for wear from drinking too much and failed to put his seat belt on in the car. A minor indiscretion compared to the criminal offences caused by others.

His contract was terminated - in his opinion - unfairly. The cost to him being in the millions.

The court, who unlike us, would have seen all the evidence and heard arguments from both sides, agreed with Keogh. If it was deemed he was a bad influence on the younger players on that one solitary night then the court didn't deem it serious enough to sack him. If proven, he should probably have just had the captaincy taken off him.

Since then, he has taken the club to court and won meaning he is now one of the many creditors. Are you telling me that if you thought you'd been dismissed unfairly and it was going to cost you a significant amount, you wouldn't take it further? 

I think he had just lost a close family member and was basically drowning his sorrows, then got in to the car unaware how much Tom had had to drink. He gets sacked, the two main culprits keep their jobs….

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think he had just lost a close family member and was basically drowning his sorrows, then got in to the car unaware how much Tom had had to drink. He gets sacked, the two main culprits keep their jobs….

I’m not sure how you can deduce that he didn’t know how much Lawrence (and Bennett) had had to drink, it was the joiners, they were in the same bar all night, not in a different country, and there was the video of Bennett hammered in the toilet with players around him, of course he would have known the two of them were too drunk to drive.

24 minutes ago, Turnstile said:

He was just absolute crap as a footballer.One of the least talented ever to wear a Derby shirt.I just don’t understand some fans love in with him.

What an illogical and poor assessment. Says more about you than of the numerous managers who made him first pick on the team sheet 

1 minute ago, curb said:

I’m not sure how you can deduce that he didn’t know how much Lawrence (and Bennett) had had to drink, it was the joiners, they were in the same bar all night, not in a different country, and there was the video of Bennett hammered in the toilet with players around him, of course he would have known the two of them were too drunk to drive.

He hasn’t been with them that evening according to the article on Keogh in the Guardian. He got in to the car which he regrets. A great servant to DCFC and such a shame it ended the way it did.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

May I interject here...thanks.

It wasn't a Court of Law like a normal industrial tribunal.

This is a quote from the Guardian at the time.

"Keogh went to the EFL’s Player Related Dispute Commission, where he won a full payout only for Derby to contest the decision at the League Appeals’ Committee. The process has been marked by delays, caused in part by the pandemic, but the LAC last week upheld the original verdict.

An EFL statement read: “The LAC has heard and dismissed an appeal under the regulations of the EFL by Derby against the decision of the PRDC in the case of Richard Keogh. The PDRC held that Mr Keogh had not committed gross misconduct, that he had not brought the club into serious disrepute and that he had been wrongly dismissed by the club.”

For me, Were those who decided Keoghs win...people of Law or people who were selected for their knowledge of footballs rules/regulations.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He hasn’t been with them that evening according to the article on Keogh in the Guardian. He got in to the car which he regrets. A great servant to DCFC and such a shame it ended the way it did.

It's a pity the Guardian didn't have access to the Photo with Keogh and said players in the Joiners Arms.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Nonsense….

Nowadays either a player has to be the worst of all time or (and this is far worse) a club legend. I would argue that there should be only 10 players who get either status. The last legend was Igor, the last worst player is.... Actually I may have to expand that category to include the entirety of the 11 point squad. 

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I didn't say that either.