Richard Keogh

DarkFruitsRam7

Richard Keogh - How Will You React?  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He’s a bit of a panto villain at present. He was a fine servant of the club in my opinion and and independent tribunal said he was entitled to his wages. 
If we weren’t facing liquidation and keogh’s wages part of the debt then I doubt he’d of had the reception he got.

He’s the only person who has a link to liquidation who has stood in front of fans to be abused. He took it well in but at least he stood up to be picked. Morris has be nowhere near.

Some asked why Keogh and Pearce get abuse but Mel seems to be getting away with it.

My response would be that while he has the ground he has a say on what happens. If we abuse him he may take a hissy fit and refuse to sell as part of the deal. In which case we could end up like Bury.

8 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Well, I applauded him. Does that make me less of a Derby fan than those who booed him? Apparently so, but if you think measuring how much of a supporter you are can be done by booing opposition players then I have to say I feel sorry for you. 

If I would have been there...I would not have applauded or booed him, If fans want to then so be it, But don't forget this, We as fans have the right to do what WE believe is best for us, Either by word or action, Not many are able to walk up to Keogh and tell him what they think of him GOOD or BAD, So the only way is to applaud or Boo, Coconut's Beard needs no support from me but I get where he is...it's that thing that you love that has been shat on in some peoples opinion that gets under our skin.

11 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

If he'd apologised or even acknowledged some fault for his part in it fair enough.

This. A thousand times this. 

He even had the gall to pull that "my Nan died" crap, knowing that one of the reasons Lawrence had depression was the death of his Mum a few months earlier. 

Self-pitying, whiny twerp. I couldn't be bothered to even boo him. 

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

This. A thousand times this. 

He even had the gall to pull that "my Nan died" crap, knowing that one of the reasons Lawrence had depression was the death of his Mum a few months earlier. 

Self-pitying, whiny twerp. I couldn't be bothered to even boo him. 

What about his bad points though 

3 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Did notice the first thing he did with the ball when he came on was pass it back to the keeper. Not changed much has he

I’m not sure that’s entirely fair. When he was at Derby I would say he was more noted for his (occasionally reckless) runs forward with the ball. Not something you see very often these days from a centre half.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure that’s entirely fair. When he was at Derby I would say he was more noted for his (occasionally reckless) runs forward with the ball. Not something you see very often these days from a centre half.

This. Mark Wright was the last central defender I can remember for the club who  effectively carried the ball out of defence to make inroads into the oppositions half. 

Not saying Keogh was anywhere near Wrights footballing level nor wasn't prone to mistakes before that gets leapt on. 

12 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

If he'd apologised or even acknowledged some fault for his part in it fair enough.

Glad that he was nice to your boys but that's all part of the keeping up appearances stuff that comes with the responsibility of being captain.

I'm sure you're critical of Lawrence but if your kids were mascots this season they'd probably say the same stuff about him. Its like a barmaid being nice and friendly and you convincing yourself they fancy you, they don't, it's just their job.

He's (Keogh) made a career out of making himself the most popular bloke in the dressing room, and it's one of the reasons he's been made captain despite  never really showing it on the pitch when it really mattered. Just as he showed no leadership skills at the Joiners arms.

It was typical of his leadership style - make an error then spend the next minute pointing the finger elsewhere, ranting and raving about everyone else, never his fault.

He's shown his true colours, it's a shame, no it's alarming, that you can't see them and insist on refusing to hold him responsible for any of his own actions.

????????Absolutely spot on…. The biggest sham at the club since Savage. I hope that the real story of that evening comes to light in the near future. I suspect it will remain hidden under a pile of NDA’s and the loyalties of our ex skippers (aka Lionheart ??)clique. 

30 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yeah I thought it was interesting yesterday that that aspect of his game was completely gone now. I saw a graph earlier in the season plotting how progressive Championship CB’s were in their passing, dribbling etc and saw Keogh was near enough bottom for that particular metric which surprised me at the time but appeared to be confirmed yesterday. Perhaps he does not trust his pace enough to recover from it anymore.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope it would be others. Read the court details or Twitter.

Can you give me a brief summary of the younger players crimes please? My memory doesn’t serve me as well as it should and I thought it was just Keith, Lawrence and Bennett who the real villains that night.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Can you give me a brief summary of the younger players crimes please? My memory doesn’t serve me as well as it should and I thought it was just Keith, Lawrence and Bennett who the real villains that night.

The info is out there.  It was talked about at the time. The suggestion was also that certain players were not being named.

Edited by RoyMac5

There’s always the run and through ball for Marriott at Leeds.

Keogh has done nothing any employee would do if they felt they had a case for wrongful dismissal.

Not only did he have a case, he won it.

Should he have just sucked it up and waved goodbye to £2 million, would anyone have?

Keogh has always had a section of fans who didn’t like him yesterday just gave them a chance to vent.

Edited by 24Charlie

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The info is out there.  It was talked about at the time. The suggestion was also that certain players were not being named.

Ah right. So probably just unsubstantiated rumours about unarmed players then who weren’t actually found to have done anything/much wrong?