Richard Keogh

DarkFruitsRam7

Richard Keogh - How Will You React?  

215 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

That's just an easy thing to say. 99% of footballers would do what Keogh did, and I bet 99% of the people on here would do what Keogh did if they were footballers and not Derby fans. Yes Keogh should have been punished but it's literally against the law to punish him as severely as Mel tried to. Boos should be directed at Mel if anywhere. 

You don't have to pick a side. You can blame both here. Mel is to blame. Keogh also did something that screwed over a club. Boos should be directed at both. 

I feel Keogh is a modern club legend (at least in my lifetime - I was only born 1999 so forgive me). However, the way he has sued the club when we are in dire financial straights, has made me question him. Obviously he feels entitled to the wage he lost, for himself and family. However, I feel there is a better way to go about bankrupting a club that was in the most part, good to him. He has punished fans for his indiscretions. Therefore, I feel we people should be well within their rights to boo him. I won’t be part of it, but I can see both sides of this coin. 

All I care about is Derby players giving their all so I won’t be paying too close attention to this possible distractive storyline tomorrow. 

COYR. We stand together, we fall together. Whether this league, the league below or the bottom of the pyramid. We are all Derby till we die.

3 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

That's just an easy thing to say. 99% of footballers would do what Keogh did, and I bet 99% of the people on here would do what Keogh did if they were footballers and not Derby fans. Yes Keogh should have been punished but it's literally against the law to punish him as severely as Mel tried to. Boos should be directed at Mel if anywhere. 

It's not just an easy thing to say though, that's just an easy thing to say!

I dare say that 99% of footballers and 99% of people on here wouldn't be so stupid as to put themselves in his position in the first place, allowing their own idiocy to lead as a result to a situation where they lose the use of the one thing they require to do their job.

I'm not really sure what you think is so severe about being offered a chance to keep your employment status on a lower wage with free use of rehabilitation facilities. Its more than anyone should expect in the circumstances.

You wouldn't get that in any other job, you'd expect to be sacked.

If I was a professional hand model and one day me and a mate got drunk before deciding to trim a hedge in the garden (not a euphemism!), but through a bit of miscommunication my fellow trimmer managed to slice off a couple of my fingers (his fault! he was in control of the dangerous machinery not me!) I wouldn't then expect my employer to pay me for future work not completed, or to pay for the surgery to reconstruct my gammy hand! 

The law doesn't really come into it, none of this outside of the drink driving has been dealt with by any proper way of law.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

9 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

The proper legal test would have been who caused the accident that resulted in Keoghs injuries.

Ok he was'nt driving but no-one else was to blame for the amount of beer  he drank, and i'm sure no-one dragged him screaming and kicking into the back of the car, so has only got himself to blame really.

8 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

You need to take the word "literally" out of that, otherwise your statement is literally void of fact.

Nobody knows whether it is or isn't, as this particular case has never been tried in a legal setting... literally!

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

Didn't the Police find Keogh trying to walk home, not strapped into the car wearing his seat belt? 

Yes. The fact they didn't charge him for not wearing a seat belt (which needed proof beyond reasonable doubt) doesn't mean he was wearing a seat belt. Has Keogh ever claimed he was wearing one? Where was that dealt with in the tribunal? Oh we don't know because they never published it.    

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes. The fact they didn't charge him for not wearing a seat belt (which needed proof beyond reasonable doubt) doesn't mean he was wearing a seat belt. Has Keogh ever claimed he was wearing one? Where was that dealt with in the tribunal? Oh we don't know because they never published it.    

The 'not wearing a seat belt' came out in court?

When was it he told the emergency services his name was Alfie?! ?

Edited by RoyMac5

Keogh had a right to feel aggrieved I think given how he was treated in comparison with the other offenders. I don't entirely buy his story and I think suing the club was bad form given he did make a pretty serious error of judgement that put him out of action. Given all of that I don't think he can expect a roaring reception but he's also not someone I'd actively boo given how long he served the club. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Couldnt stand the bloke in a Derby shirt, everything he has done since that night at Joiners has made me dislike him even more.

Compare him to a real leader like Curtis Davies, they're not even in the same league.

Hope he gets as much abuse as possible tomorrow.

A bit harsh. He was, until the final shaming, a good servant for the club and at this level a reasonably skilled defender. A bit accident prone even before the Joiners incidnt though. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Keogh had a right to feel aggrieved I think given how he was treated in comparison with the other offenders. I don't entirely buy his story and I think suing the club was bad form given he did make a pretty serious error of judgement that put him out of action. Given all of that I don't think he can expect a roaring reception but he's also not someone I'd actively boo given how long he served the club. 

Fair enough. Except he was the one who got injured. Which wasn't entirely co-incidental if he was not wearing a seat belt. And he was club captain.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

You need to take the word "literally" out of that, otherwise your statement is literally void of fact.

Nobody knows whether it is or isn't, as this particular case has never been tried in a legal setting... literally!

You're literally void of fact! literally.

It was literally taken to an employment tribunal which relates to "disputes in employment law". Notice the word "law".

19 hours ago, Eric the half a ram said:

I think it would be brilliant if when his name was read out prior to the game and for his every touch there was complete silence from the fans! I think he would feed off either the anger of applause of the home fans, so frosty silence is best and would probably confuse him!! 

No one likes to be ignored, so ignore him!! ?

Some players shrink under the pressure. Holmes' every touch was booed earlier in the season and he had an awful game as a result, perhaps even his worst performance of the season. I have no doubt Keogh would be the same.

19 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

You're literally void of fact! literally.

It was literally taken to an employment tribunal which relates to "disputes in employment law". Notice the word "law".

It literally didn’t go to an employment tribunal. It went to a special tribunal for football players. 

if it had gone to a proper employment tribunal the maximum payout would have been about £80k. the burden of proof would have normally been on the claimant. Derby would have had rights to appeal up to several layers .. an employment appeals tribunal , court of appeal etc. And the results and full reasoning would have been published.