Kelle Roos yeah?, he’s gone to Aberdeen init.

Heisenberg

I've no problem with him playing out from the back - just be more aware of what's going on within 15-20 yards around you before making the decision whether to go short or long. The big clearance wide left to Fozzie to head on worked for a short while but we've been rumbled with that tactic and we have no decent hold-up player as an alternative for the big punt upfield.

He’s a very good shot stopper, but his positional sense, catching and commanding of his box is poor and always has been. No matter the goalkeeping coach, he doesn’t appear able to have the inherent flaws coached out of him. 

as a no 2 / 3 he’d be fine at any club in the league and at the price he could leave us for it makes sense 

4 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't mind Kelle being our GK moving foward, however given our financial circumstances we need to generate some money so I would accept any sensible offers for him. Shame with Lawrence, Jozwiak ect

We are not going to get sensible bids for any of our players unless more than one club wants them and even then it will still be rubbish 

17 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I don't mind Kelle being our GK moving foward, however given our financial circumstances we need to generate some money so I would accept any sensible offers for him. Shame with Lawrence, Jozwiak ect

His contract expires in the summer. Same with Lawrence. 

Why would anyone bid anything now when you could get him for free ir at league 1 prices at the end of the season. We'll probably accept any price ?

On 04/12/2021 at 21:34, Derbados said:

He’s a very good shot stopper, but his positional sense, catching and commanding of his box is poor and always has been. No matter the goalkeeping coach, he doesn’t appear able to have the inherent flaws coached out of him. 

as a no 2 / 3 he’d be fine at any club in the league and at the price he could leave us for it makes sense 

He's been very good with the commanding of the box this season. Punching is also often better than trying to catch the ball. I don't recall a single moment this season where I felt he punched something he should have caught

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's been very good with the commanding of the box this season. Punching is also often better than trying to catch the ball. I don't recall a single moment this season where I felt he punched something he should have caught

Think he's been a lot better at commanding etc since he had that long period out under Cocu, noticed when he came back into the side after Hamer was awful, Roos had bulked up a bit which helps in aerially as he doesn't get bullied about as much. He's also done well from corners multiple times this season, teams try and crowd him from corners but he manages to get punches away. 

Fans can't bring themselves to praise Roos no matter what he does and whenever anything slightly bad happens, they jump on his back, it's like early 19/20 all over again. Didn't see many comments about Allsop at the weekend for a weak wrist and poor positioning, but if that was Roos he'd have been crucified.

On 05/12/2021 at 04:38, Sparkle said:

We are not going to get sensible bids for any of our players unless more than one club wants them and even then it will still be rubbish 

18 hours ago, GenBr said:

His contract expires in the summer. Same with Lawrence. 

Why would anyone bid anything now when you could get him for free ir at league 1 prices at the end of the season. We'll probably accept any price ?

Very true. I am trying to put some sort of positive spin in this dire situation Mel Morris has dropped us in.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Comments under this are just ridiculous. Not good enough to be a third back up in the Premier League? If he moves there he'll get paid a small fortune for sitting on his backside for three years, just like Scott Carson has done. And can come on and make some fantastic saves, or be a hero in a penalty shoot out.

People happy for Allsop to move on, happy for Roos to move on. Who do they think we're going to get to replace them? Alisson?