Kelle Roos yeah?, he’s gone to Aberdeen init.

Heisenberg

I would not have any issues going into next season with Roos as our number 1.

I would not have any issues going into next season with Allsop as our number 1.

I would not have any issues if both left the club this summer.

They are not the worst, nor are they they best keepers, both have strengths and weaknesses that doesn’t leave a lot between them.

Always think expectations are waaaaay too high for keepers, they get a rough ride in general.

We have to also remember, we’ve been relegated, playing at a lower level, if you’re going into next season with the mindset of which players are top 6 Championship, you are in for a long long season.

On 24/05/2022 at 10:41, David said:

I would not have any issues going into next season with Roos as our number 1.

I would not have any issues going into next season with Allsop as our number 1.

I would not have any issues if both left the club this summer.

They are not the worst, nor are they they best keepers, both have strengths and weaknesses that doesn’t leave a lot between them.

Couldn't say it better. 

Roos has improved with experience, if anything I'd say he was the better of the 2, but Allsop suits the system better.

Roos would have to take a decent pay cut to stay and would probably want the no. 1 jersey, so I'm not sure I can see it.

Allsop will have offers but not the sort you can't turn down - he'll get more money elsewhere, but if Rooney can sell him the dream he might stay at a push.

I'd like, as with other signings, someone who will commit for a few years and bring consistency. Outside of the elite a keeper is pretty much a keeper.

• 5 weeks later...

Sad to see Roos go, under-rated and harshly treated by a section of Derby fans so probably best for his sake to have a fresh start elsewhere.

Freebie keepers including Alex Smithies & Jamal Blackman are available if we can start offering contracts.

There are always plenty of keepers available for loan too, seeing as most teams already have a clear cut no.1.

Alledgedly on decent wages and a decent shot-stopper - but scared me to death every time the ball went near our area - no problem him moving on. Hope he does well for Aberdeen and proves my view of him to be wrong...

Not a surprise.

He'll no doubt have to take a paycut at Aberdeen too, but it's a chance to play in a top flight division and may open doors elsewhere.

Can see him becoming well regarded if he gets a good run up there. Imagine he will start as second choice to Lewis but Lewis is 34 so approaching the end of his career.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

If this is true then we've got no goalkeepers. Huge job for whoever it is coming in now. Biggest rebuild of the clubs history

Not to worry. 

We can develop a new style of pro football…rush back goalies. Knighty would have the engine for that- if he’s still with us.

He'll be brought in as No1 because Lewis had a poor season last year. 

In terms of wages, Aberdeen have brought in a fair bit of cash recently due to Ramsey going to Liverpool. Forest getting promoted meant £1m from McKenna's transfer clause. The club have probably thrown a decent wage at Kelle to get a decent keeper in. 

I'm still suprised he's gone North, I thought a championship side would have snapped him up. 

25 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

He'll be brought in as No1 because Lewis had a poor season last year. 

In terms of wages, Aberdeen have brought in a fair bit of cash recently due to Ramsey going to Liverpool. Forest getting promoted meant £1m from McKenna's transfer clause. The club have probably thrown a decent wage at Kelle to get a decent keeper in. 

I'm still suprised he's gone North, I thought a championship side would have snapped him up. 

The new Theo Snelders ?