Kelle Roos yeah?, he’s gone to Aberdeen init.

Heisenberg

41 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Are you both forgetting we're now a League 1 club? A league 1 club which has only an 18 year old keeper who has never played at U23 level and a 17 year old who has made 5 apps for the U23s.

Are you forgetting that Ben Hamer is an absolutely s**** keeper? There are better options out there, some of which you have already mentioned.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Are you forgetting that Ben Hamer is an absolutely s**** keeper? There are better options out there, some of which you have already mentioned.

Kept 9 clean sheets in 21 appearances for a Swansea side that finished 15th last season. He’s a better option than we currently have, but yeah there are other options available.

55 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Are you both forgetting we're now a League 1 club? A league 1 club which has only an 18 year old keeper who has never played at U23 level and a 17 year old who has made 5 apps for the U23s.

Then why would we let Roos go to low end of the SPL which is no more than League One? Roos is better than Hamer IMO.
Bizarre letting two keepers go. 

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I wonder if he knew he wasn’t getting a deal?

Seems that way, according to the DET he was one of 3 of the squads over 24’s who were NOT offered a new deal. He’s sorted a new deal for himself which we can’t begrudge

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-derby-county-transfer-roos-7256302

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Both of which are probably better than Ben Hamer! Seriously lad, did you not watch him play?! It was like he had crisp packets for gloves. I can’t believe any Derby fan would seriously advocate his return

46 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Kept 9 clean sheets in 21 appearances for a Swansea side that finished 15th last season. He’s a better option than we currently have, but yeah there are other options available.

Well yeah he's bound to be a better option than we currently have because we don't have anyone. Senior keepers that is. I'll be honest I didn't really see him for Swansea this season but he was awful for us I thought, too many mistakes and didn't really like his attitude. He was diabolical for Huddersfield in the premier League too. There will be much better keepers available. 

2 hours ago, YouRams said:

Mentioned him a few weeks ago Wayne Hennessy is looking for a club trying to cement a place in Wales World Cup squad would be a great signing for L1 

Edit just seen Pope might be leaving Burnley so that’s probably him staying

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Alex Smithies, Adam Davies, Jamal Blackman, Ben Hamer.

Or we could get someone on loan, such as Southampton's Bazunu, Man City's Trafford or Chelsea's Cumming, who all did quite well in L1 last season.

Wayne Hennessy would be a good shout if he doesn't have massive wages demands.

I'm not sure if Ben Hamer would come given did got quite a bit of stick from fans when he was with us on loan.

Bazunu and Trafford are good suggestions too as they are talented, hungry and up and coming goal keepers. Part of me feels we need experience at the back though given how much reliance we may have our youth next season.

25 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Seems that way, according to the DET he was one of 3 of the squads over 24’s who were NOT offered a new deal. He’s sorted a new deal for himself which we can’t begrudge

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/breaking-derby-county-transfer-roos-7256302

Who were the other 2 to not be offered a deal?

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Who were the other 2 to not be offered a deal?

The article doesn’t say, guess we’ll have to wait and see if the names come out at some point. The way the article is written suggests the person writing it is ITK, which means they’ve chosen or been instructed not to share the names of the other two. Maybe an official announcement of the retained list by the club will reveal all, I know it’s on the EFL site but with no info or context about the out of contract over 24s 

18 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Good man.... Was really supportive and helped keep Audrina dancing.

Didn't deserve the stick he got from the fans.

I'm disappointed that he has gone - I thought he was underrated and would have benefited from a decent GK coach, like Steele.

Ah well. The floodgates are now open....

We'd be better off offering Steele a contract to come out of retirement and play.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fairly certain one is Stearman. The other either Forsyth or Lawrence.

Lawrence due to wage demands or Forsyth given Rooney was 50:50 on him at the end of the season.

I reckon it's Forsyth. He didn't seem too confident that he would be staying despite admitting that he would like to. Rooney seemed insistent in leaving out Forsyth in favour of Buchanan despite him clearly being the better player. With Lawrence, Rooney obviously liked him having made him captain. Whenever asked about whether Lawrence would stay if we got relegated, Rooney would just say 'he wants to play for Derby and he wants to play for me.' Add to that the meetings with Kirchner and I reckon a new deal for Lawrence was being lined up.

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fairly certain one is Stearman. The other either Forsyth or Lawrence.

Lawrence due to wage demands or Forsyth given Rooney was 50:50 on him at the end of the season.

What about CKR? He barely played that much last season his age and injuries seem to have caught up with him. We might have offered lawrence something but nowhere near what he is on now.  Or maybe realised that was waste of time.