Kelle Roos yeah?, he’s gone to Aberdeen init.

Heisenberg

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

Comments under this are just ridiculous. Not good enough to be a third back up in the Premier League? If he moves there he'll get paid a small fortune for sitting on his backside for three years, just like Scott Carson has done. And can come on and make some fantastic saves, or be a hero in a penalty shoot out.

People happy for Allsop to move on, happy for Roos to move on. Who do they think we're going to get to replace them? Alisson?

Agree Angie, I suspect some people can’t let go of the play off final against Villa. He’s been at the club for years, mostly done his job when called upon, and been a steady presence during turbulent times. Him and Allsop would be two good gk options in league 1.

If one or both of them move on we’ve got to find another keeper and allow them time to settle, build relationships with the defence, learn how Rooney wants to play etc. I feel there’s a lot to be said for having some consistency in the squad, if he is going I wish him well.  

In a weird way he's perfect to be a back up (3rd choice or even 2nd for a bottom end) Premier league team who play put from the back and expect their keeper to be able to pass. In training etc you'd think he'd be more of a stylistic fit for a lot of teams than a Carson or Cabellaro type 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Agree Angie, I suspect some people can’t let go of the play off final against Villa. He’s been at the club for years, mostly done his job when called upon, and been a steady presence during turbulent times. Him and Allsop would be two good gk options in league 1.

If one or both of them move on we’ve got to find another keeper and allow them time to settle, build relationships with the defence, learn how Rooney wants to play etc. I feel there’s a lot to be said for having some consistency in the squad, if he is going I wish him well.  

All wages under a business plan .  We can't offer a fairly average goalie who may or may not play over 600k a year in wages.  That's potentially 2 players and some creditor change . A move away suits everyone as quickly as possible.  I expect someone/ more than one to move soon to cover a chunk of HMRC down payment and allow more movement for transfers.

Not gonna lie, Roos was one of the players I was expecting to stay with us. He’s certainly no better than League One level in my view. Don’t really see what a Premier League team would want him for - you generally see the sort of Scott Carson / Lee Grant moves because they’re English and homegrown. I don’t think Roos qualifies for that, given his age when he moved here.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not gonna lie, Roos was one of the players I was expecting to stay with us. He’s certainly no better than League One level in my view. Don’t really see what a Premier League team would want him for - you generally see the sort of Scott Carson / Lee Grant moves because they’re English and homegrown. I don’t think Roos qualifies for that, given his age when he moved here.

He’s an excellent championship goalkeeper and probably a decent premiership one as well especially after watching them all 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At the very least, he's a top half Championship keeper (personally I'd say top 6). He'd be a fine backup keeper at PL level

I cant belive Carson is still second choice for City. He had a bad time in Lampard's season.. many mistakes , which I think is why Roos was picked ahed of him at the end of the season. Although that didn't end well as we know.

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I cant belive Carson is still second choice for City. He had a bad time in Lampard's season.. many mistakes , which I think is why Roos was picked ahed of him at the end of the season. Although that didn't end well as we know.

Carson is 3rd choice

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Zack Steffen is 2nd choice

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At the very least, he's a top half Championship keeper (personally I'd say top 6). He'd be a fine backup keeper at PL level

He’s not good enough for the Championship mate, that’s why he wasn’t playing for us and we got relegated. Not disputing he could be alright sat on the bench (I mean, I could do Scott Carson’s job let’s be fair), but I just can’t see it - Prem teams use that spot for homegrown players, Roos isn’t one.

36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s not good enough for the Championship mate, that’s why he wasn’t playing for us and we got relegated. Not disputing he could be alright sat on the bench (I mean, I could do Scott Carson’s job let’s be fair), but I just can’t see it - Prem teams use that spot for homegrown players, Roos isn’t one.

We got relegated because of the points deduction. Even then, we could have stayed up if we were better in the final third. The defence and goalkeepers performed very well all season.

10th best keeper to have played at least 10 games in the league according to Whoscored.

Rooney himself said Roos wouldn't have been dropped if he wasn't wrongfully sent off vs Sheff Utd. Allsop just played well enough to keep his shirt.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We got relegated because of the points deduction. Even then, we could have stayed up if we were better in the final third. The defence and goalkeepers performed very well all season.

10th best keeper to have played at least 10 games in the league according to Whoscored.

Rooney himself said Roos wouldn't have been dropped if he wasn't wrongfully sent off vs Sheff Utd. Allsop just played well enough to keep his shirt.

We still wouldn’t have been particularly high without it. Agree of course that attack was the bigger problem, but is that partly because Roos wasn’t playing that our defence performed so well? There’s certainly an argument.

Im not saying he’s entirely crap, he’s got some decent attributes, but he’s a level below Allsop. And I’d only peg Allsop as a “good” championship goalkeeper, rather than one of the very best. Roos won’t be playing football above League One level next season. If he goes anywhere else, he’ll be on the bench.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

We still wouldn’t have been particularly high without it. Agree of course that attack was the bigger problem, but is that partly because Roos wasn’t playing that our defence performed so well? There’s certainly an argument.

Im not saying he’s entirely crap, he’s got some decent attributes, but he’s a level below Allsop. And I’d only peg Allsop as a “good” championship goalkeeper, rather than one of the very best. Roos won’t be playing football above League One level next season. If he goes anywhere else, he’ll be on the bench.

There's no argument to be had. If we didn't have a points deduction, we wouldn't have been relegated whether we played Allsop or Roos.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's no argument to be had. If we didn't have a points deduction, we wouldn't have been relegated whether we played Allsop or Roos.

No-one can make that argument for sure, because Roos didn’t play for the majority of the season. Swap him and Allsops appearances over, and we may well go down.