EFL agrees 'suspension of the notice of withdrawal of membership'

RoyMac5

Posited a while back that the reason the for the sudden 'adjournment' of the appeal was as a result of this threat. Seems my thinking was not as outlandish as some suggested! The EFL really are a collective of mealy-mouthed mofos. To frame this as proof that they are working in the best interests of the club really is beyond the pale.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

I remember when this forum was fun, not a point scoring exercise.

We didn't even have red numbers on our backs, in those days!

Indeed. And all it's taken to 'remove the veneer' is the small matter of administration / liquidation.

Go figure... ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

With some of the questions being posed am not sure what answers were expected of the EFL?

Questions 13 and 14 spring to mind - did you make any errors and were you consistent with your dealings with clubs?

Of course the EFL are going to come back and say yes we made a series of errors and we singled Derby out for special punishment. Please. Talk about loaded questions.

Totally agree, its obvious they are not gonna admit it.

27 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The EFL’s Articles of Association - Section 2 Shares and Membership. Available from Companies House by download. COYR!

EFL REGULATIONS 2021/22: 

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/regulations-season-2021-22-final.pdf

Section 2: Membership begins on page 14. I can't see to what you are referring, perhaps you'd care to quote the article no. so I can read it. Thanks.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/regulations-season-2021-22-final.pdf

Section 2: Membership begins on page 14. I can't see to what you are referring, perhaps you'd care to quote the article no. so I can read it. Thanks.

Those are the Regulations and I expressly referred you to the Articles of Association. I also told you to go on Companies House to find them. I am off to sleep now.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Good point! I meant the never ending financial chat.

I know mate.

The situation is absolutely dire and we may yet go out of business, but strangely, attending the games is brilliant atm. The 20,000 or so that are there, want to be there, I stand in the middle of the South Stand and look left and right at people out of their seats in the West and East stands joining in the singing. Its never been so loud and proud.

The looks on the faces of the players after the final whistle applauding the fans was incredible. One or two on here have mentioned they had a tear in their eye leaving the ground, its what football is all about imo. When your backs are to the wall, you fight back, give everything and don't give a duck what anyone else says.

Away matches will be sold out, many are booking Blackpool hotels for the last away game already.

We will probably go down, but we'll go down kicking and screaming.

?

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I know mate.

The situation is absolutely dire and we may yet go out of business, but strangely, attending the games is brilliant atm. The 20,000 or so that are there, want to be there, I stand in the middle of the South Stand and look left and right at people out of their seats in the West and East stands joining in the singing. Its never been so loud and proud.

The looks on the faces of the players after the final whistle applauding the fans was incredible. One or two on here have mentioned they had a tear in their eye leaving the ground, its what football is all about imo. When your backs are to the wall, you fight back, give everything and don't give a duck what anyone else says.

Away matches will be sold out, many are booking Blackpool hotels for the last away game already.

We will probably go down, but we'll go down kicking and screaming.

?

We will probably go down. But we are a pretty dangerous opponent at the moment, like a wounded animal. Teams 15 points off safety are usually dire and can't buy a win. We are actually pretty decent and should have picked up more points this season already.

If things click for us, we could string a few wins together and start catching with those poor teams who never pickup any points.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You seem to be making a big deal out of nothing, which is not like you Roy ?

It is standard with all EFL Member Clubs that enter an insolvency process that League Membership is at risk. The EFL are simply following the procedures agreed by all member clubs, including Derby, and which was the same process most recently for Bury and Bolton.

I would agree. I take it as notice that they don't think we are jn danger of liquidation. 

41 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

You forgot last Sunday already!

The game, the atmosphere, the dejection of giving them a goal followed by the elation of coming back to win......I walked out of the ground exhausted yet exhilarated. 

COYR ?

Was something else huh!

For me, games like the Leeds play-off, smashing the Gumps 5-0, handing out a beating or two to the supposed top-dogs, the Cup games under Lamps, just grafting wins when we've been given no earthly chance of doing so. These are what being a supporter is all about in my mind and such events, rare though they have been in recent seasons, are more than enough to keep me coming back for more. Many seem weary of the game these days, though I can see ample reasons why they might be. All the same, it's a shame that some folk so quickly forget the good days and so often dwell on the bad. 

COYR

Edited by 86 Hair Islands
typos

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

With some of the questions being posed am not sure what answers were expected of the EFL?

Questions 13 and 14 spring to mind - did you make any errors and were you consistent with your dealings with clubs?

Of course the EFL are going to come back and say yes we made a series of errors and we singled Derby out for special punishment. Please. Talk about loaded questions.

Just because an organisation stonewalls and gets defensive doesn't mean that those kind of questions should not be asked.  The questions are perfectly fair and the answers speak for themselves, and would lead many fans to conclude that the real answer to both questions is YES and NO respectively.  

What this amounts to is that the EFL took a personal dislike to MM and used all the regulatory tools at their disposal in order to duck him up.  They would have done this whichever club he happened to own.  Not that they will ever admit it of course.

In most workplaces this stuff goes on all the time.  If your boss wants rid of you all they have to do is set you up to fail, subject you to endless 'performance reviews', forensically trawl your expense claims etc etc in order to find something, anything, that can be used as an excuse to then invoke the disciplinary process, and eventually most people will see the writing on the wall and just leave.  This is just a variation on that theme.  It's all about power. 

Edited by angieram
Take out libel

2 hours ago, LondonRam2 said:

Just because an organisation stonewalls and gets defensive doesn't mean that those kind of questions should not be asked.  The questions are perfectly fair and the answers speak for themselves, and would lead many fans to conclude that the real answer to both questions is YES and NO respectively.  

What this amounts to is that the EFL took a personal dislike to MM and used all the regulatory tools at their disposal in order to duck him up.  They would have done this whichever club he happened to own.  Not that they will ever admit it of course.

In most workplaces this stuff goes on all the time.  If your boss wants rid of you all they have to do is set you up to fail, subject you to endless 'performance reviews', forensically trawl your expense claims etc etc in order to find something, anything, that can be used as an excuse to then invoke the disciplinary process, and eventually most people will see the writing on the wall and just leave.  This is just a variation on that theme.  It's all about power.  

I wasn't debating whether the questions should have been asked or not I was pointing out that if the expectations were that the questions would be answered candidly by any organisation or individual in similar positions then that's totally unrealistic and not singular to the EFL.

Edited by angieram
Take out libel