EFL agrees 'suspension of the notice of withdrawal of membership'

RoyMac5

Did I miss this being threatened or is it part of administration?

Q: In our last meeting you said the EFL would try to help to save Derby
County. What have you done to help?

A: "...The League has sought to work with the Club, and recently its Administrators, regarding funding requirements, while simultaneously taking steps to agree to a suspension of the notice of withdrawal of membership. In effect the EFL has attempted to give Club the best opportunity to move forward positively and to continue as member of the League. Based on the recent agreed decision, the Club’s administrators now have increased certainty when communicating with any potential new purchasers."

From Ramstrusts note of their meeting with the EFL on 17th Nov.

Edited by RoyMac5

I don't believe this is part of the administration process, at least it's never been mentioned with any previous administration, so I would suspect this was a threat the EFL put towards the club and have left it on the table to make sure we play nice, i.e. no appeal against point penalties with regards to administration. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Q: In our last meeting you said the EFL would try to help to save Derby
County. What have you done to help?

A: "...The League has sought to work with the Club, and recently its Administrators, regarding funding requirements, while simultaneously taking steps to agree to a suspension of the notice of withdrawal of membership. In effect the EFL has attempted to give Club the best opportunity to move forward positively and to continue as member of the League. Based on the recent agreed decision, the Club’s administrators now have increased certainty when communicating with any potential new purchasers."

From Ramstrusts note of their meeting with the EFL on 17th Nov.

They can piss right off. It’s our league in the first place. They should think themselves lucky we haven’t kicked them out. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think that the EFL have given a straight answer to any of the questions and I am particularly disappointed in the responses to the questions I submitted.

I am sure that other members of Rams Trust share my frustrations with this.

I did suggest they are a waste of time. and need to be called out. LOUD.    

With some of the questions being posed am not sure what answers were expected of the EFL?

Questions 13 and 14 spring to mind - did you make any errors and were you consistent with your dealings with clubs?

Of course the EFL are going to come back and say yes we made a series of errors and we singled Derby out for special punishment. Please. Talk about loaded questions.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

With some of the questions being posed am not sure what answers were expected of the EFL?

Questions 13 and 14 spring to mind - did you make any errors and were you consistent with your dealings with clubs?

Of course the EFL are going to come back and say yes we made a series of errors and we singled Derby out for special punishment. Please. Talk about loaded questions.

And the other questions?

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

You've redacted the EFLs response in your original quote and left out the bit where the EFL say that ultimately they believe individual clubs are responsible for their own actions. 

Oh FFS did you know we'd been threatened with having our membership of the League withdrawn? That's the point not your point-scoring.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh FFS did you know we'd been threatened with having our membership of the League withdrawn? That's the point not your point-scoring.

Why didn't you say that then ?

And no I didn't know that before you posted it now I know what you meant.

And found the statement quite disturbing. 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You seem to be making a big deal out of nothing, which is not like you Roy ?

It is standard with all EFL Member Clubs that enter an insolvency process that League Membership is at risk. The EFL are simply following the procedures agreed by all member clubs, including Derby, and which was the same process most recently for Bury and Bolton.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You seem to be making a big deal out of nothing, which is not like you Roy ?

It is standard with all EFL Member Clubs that enter an insolvency process that League Membership is at risk. The EFL are simply following the procedures agreed by all member clubs, including Derby, and which was the same process most recently for Bury and Bolton.

It's not like you to pick an arguement where none exists @i-RamI asked in my first post:

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Which bit of the regulations are you referring to?

Edited by RoyMac5