EFL agrees 'suspension of the notice of withdrawal of membership'

RoyMac5

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't know, i-Ram, you'd have to ask the Rams Trust members who have been in meetings that. I have not seen the actual detail of that clause spelt out previously, by the EFL, the administrators or by any of the supporters groups, but it is sort of logical that if the club goes into liquidation that they will be kicked out of the League, isn't it? I suppose this is just the clause that states that is one of the options for exiting administration, and I have heard all parties talking about that. 

Not sure what else you want me to say. You seem to be accusing Rams Trust of something but I can't work out what.

? Really not accusing RamsTrust of anything, or wanting you to say any more. You know how these threads twist and turn.

This one started, why we needed another one God only knows, with RoyMac suggesting we might be being ‘threatened’ again by the EFL, PistoldPete coming straight in with what a bunch of Bamfords the EFL are again, and even when it is explained that it is a standard bit of EFL procedure, posters (well really the aforementioned two) still think the EFL are too blame for not communicating fully.

All I think I am saying is that all this anti-EFL rhetoric is getting a bit tedious. Our Owner put us into Administration.  Our status as a football club was put at risk. The EFL as per their Articles put us on notice that we were at risk of having our golden share withdrawn. That has now been suspended (that’s good news!!!! Roy and Pete), because our Administrators have supplied information to the EFL that eases their concerns regarding our ability to continue trading/fulfill fixtures, etc., etc. Hopefully in due course the suspension will be removed too, once we have  new owners and a viable business plan has been established (and Creditors of course have been satisfied).

l don’t think it credible for the EFL to keep giving open letter updates to fans, which seems to be being demanded on this thread. They are making themselves available to the Administrators and RamsTrust, and I think it more for those organisations to communicate to the supporters as to what is happening. In that regard, I think RamsTrust representatives who are meeting with the EFL should be properly prepared and be fully aware of what the Regs and Articles say in relation to insolvency situations.

Pity you won’t be at the Cottage tonight. I would have given you a big squeeze x

43 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Thanks Jim. But Efl saying they have the right to banish us from the League does not mean they have to do so, even under their own rules.

debenhams is still trading online I believe even though it went into liquidation.

Leeds went into liquidation I believe as did the old Wimbledon. In the latter case a new club was formed Mk dons based in Milton Keynes. They didn’t have to work their way up the football pyramid.

I have always wondered that. Wimbledon ceased to exist .. so one would have thought MKD would have to start from the bottom. I wonder what rule allowed them to start in league 2 I think it was ? 

For me .. clubs have problems. So you have to have a system that allows for it .. don’t really know what the EFL rules are or even if they are applied consistently 

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

? Really not accusing RamsTrust of anything, or wanting you to say any more. You know how these threads twist and turn.

This one started, why we needed another one God only knows, with RoyMac suggesting we might be being ‘threatened’ again by the EFL, PistoldPete coming straight in with what a bunch of Bamfords the EFL are again, and even when it is explained that it is a standard bit of EFL procedure, posters (well really the aforementioned two) still think the EFL are too blame for not communicating fully.

All I think I am saying is that all this anti-EFL rhetoric is getting a bit tedious. Our Owner put us into Administration.  Our status as a football club was put at risk. The EFL as per their Articles put us on notice that we were at risk of having our golden share withdrawn. That has now been suspended (that’s good news!!!! Roy and Pete), because our Administrators have supplied information to the EFL that eases their concerns regarding our ability to continue trading/fulfill fixtures, etc., etc. Hopefully in due course the suspension will be removed too, once we have  new owners and a viable business plan has been established (and Creditors of course have been satisfied).

l don’t think it credible for the EFL to keep giving open letter updates to fans, which seems to be being demanded on this thread. They are making themselves available to the Administrators and RamsTrust, and I think it more for those organisations to communicate to the supporters as to what is happening. In that regard, I think RamsTrust representatives who are meeting with the EFL should be properly prepared and be fully aware of what the Regs and Articles say in relation to insolvency situations.

Pity you won’t be at the Cottage tonight. I would have given you a big squeeze x

I-Ram, I couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I agree mostly, but I wouldn't say that RamsTrust is the organisation that should be communicating with the fans. That should be DCFC, who are still a going concern. 

Ramstrust isn't really the organisation to do the comms work regarding what's happening. They won't be privy to some of those discussions anyway so really it's down to the club to talk to us about what is going on - something I don't think they've done a great job so far.

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I agree mostly, but I wouldn't say that RamsTrust is the organisation that should be communicating with the fans. That should be DCFC, who are still a going concern. 

Ramstrust isn't really the organisation to do the comms work regarding what's happening. They won't be privy to some of those discussions anyway so really it's down to the club to talk to us about what is going on - something I don't think they've done a great job so far.

To be fair the administrators did interviews with the press on Sunday. This was an opportunity for fans representatives to ask questions and communicate their responses - and for them to ask us questions (which they did - on feelings of fans etc.).

8 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

To be fair the administrators did interviews with the press on Sunday. This was an opportunity for fans representatives to ask questions and communicate their responses - and for them to ask us questions (which they did - on feelings of fans etc.).

If there's a risk that the club could be kicked out of the league, I'd expect the EFL and DCFC to be raising that with the public. I don't expect RT to be bringing that news to us all.

15 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I think the admin team have enough to do. EFL should be explaining the process clearly and being transparent . Thanks to you and Iram for setting out what the EFL rules say. I don’t think many on here knew that and I still don’t understand how this golden share transfer works.. who are they transferring it to?

and contrary to what iram says for that reason I think we really do need this thread. 

this club is under an existential threat. The least the fans deserve is to know what the hell is going on. Actually they deserve very much more than that. 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think the admin team have enough to do. EFL should be explaining the process clearly and being transparent . Thanks to you and Iram for setting out what the EFL rules say. I don’t think many on here knew that and I still don’t understand how this golden share transfer works.. who are they transferring it to?

and contrary to what iram says for that reason I think we really do need this thread. 

this club is under an existential threat. The least the fans deserve is to know what the hell is going on. Actually they deserve very much more than that. 

Seems fairly clear to me. There's a "share" given to each team in the league.

If DCFC fall out of the league, someone will take our place. Presumably they would have some process to decide who comes into the Championship from L1, and the knock-on goes down the leagues choosing someone. At the bottom, a team comes up from Non-League as a new member, and they will be transferred the "golden share".

Just now, GboroRam said:

Seems fairly clear to me. There's a "share" given to each team in the league.

If DCFC fall out of the league, someone will take our place. Presumably they would have some process to decide who comes into the Championship from L1, and the knock-on goes down the leagues choosing someone. At the bottom, a team comes up from Non-League as a new member, and they will be transferred the "golden share".

Ok but if we have already been given notice to transfer the share shouldn’t that notice specify who you are transferring it to?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I'm disappointed with your ability to have a meltdown, @i-Ram

Why can't you be like most of us? You should at least act like you're trying.

17 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

You forgot last Sunday already!

The game, the atmosphere, the dejection of giving them a goal followed by the elation of coming back to win......I walked out of the ground exhausted yet exhilarated. 

COYR ?

Long covid’s a bugger mate.

Mine’s extra long.

45 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Don't you think you're in serious danger of over reaching yourself? Why don't you let the mods decide what threads contravene site rules or which threads should be merged with another, funnily enough the clues in their name.

A few days ago you were demanding that the thread regarding the petition for Mel Morris to lose his MBE be shut down and continued to argue the toss even after two moderator's took the time to explain to you why the thread fell within site rules but now you're happy for another thread not to be shut down presumably because it does fit in with your narrative. 

It's growing very tiresome quite frankly, if you object to a thread then you are quite within your rights to DM a moderator to report but ironically you insist on playing it out on here thereby continually bumping threads that you want closed down. 

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You carry on with your sniping and point-scoring. Seriously you expect RT members to be as clued up on the EFL as the EFL are. ?

The EFL clued up on their own rules. When did that happen because they appear to be making them up or interpreting them to suit the occasion. Away from a money a bit. Middlesbrough and Wycombe are trying to get cash out of the rams just a tribunal found that this could not happen. We have all clicked that if successful it could break the EFL completely as club takes on club takes on club. The EFL appear to have interpreted their own rules mean they sit in a darkened room with their hands over their eyes and allow the carnage to begin. They should be interpreting their rules along the tribunals findings and threatening the 2clubs with sanctions if they don't comply. They have the rule, the tribunals findings but don't have the will to do anything hoping it will go away

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Don't you think you're in serious danger of over reaching yourself? Why don't you let the mods decide what threads contravene site rules or which threads should be merged with another, funnily enough the clues in their name.

A few days ago you were demanding that the thread regarding the petition for Mel Morris to lose his MBE be shut down and continued to argue the toss even after two moderator's took the time to explain to you why the thread fell within site rules but now you're happy for another thread not to be shut down presumably because it does fit in with your narrative. 

It's growing very tiresome quite frankly, if you object to a thread then you are quite within your rights to DM a moderator to report but ironically you insist on playing it out on here thereby continually bumping threads that you want closed down. 

A typical strawman argument from a repeat offender. Hypocrisy being another common theme to your posts. 

I have not recommended that any thread be closed down. I certainly haven’t suggested this thread be closed down quite the opposite. 

a thread regarding an existential threat to Derby County Football club , the processes of which I think you yourself agreed you were not aware of , seems to me a very important discussion point on a rams forum.  Is that a narrative that anyone could disagree with? 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Why are you asking me about the internal workings of the EFL? What does it matter? 

Gboro I wasn’t asking you specifically it was an open question. 

as to why does it matter well it matters to me and maybe a few other Rams fans , possibly a lot , that if Derby are banished from the football League we can at least understand how exactly that happened . And if heaven forbid it did happen , we might better understand how we might get our membership back again. 

like I say Leeds and Wimbledon were both liquidated but a successor club stayed  in the Efl. Why could that not happen with Derby, why should liquidation of the corporate entity automatically mean the termination of Efl membership? The club could be transferred to another company and the golden share with it.

personally this matters to me. Rather a lot.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

A typical strawman argument from a repeat offender. Hypocrisy being another common theme to your posts. 

I have not recommended that any thread be closed down. I certainly haven’t suggested this thread be closed down quite the opposite. 

a thread regarding an existential threat to Derby County Football club , the processes of which I think you yourself agreed you were not aware of , seems to me a very important discussion point on a rams forum.  Is that a narrative that anyone could disagree with? 

I'll leave that there. This is a reply to you from one of the mods, not me.

Note the bit in bold......

On 23/11/2021 at 07:57, angieram said:

@PistoldPete I can't see anyone openly defending it on here, and the OP isn't exactly promoting it.

Lots of us have said we are against it so if anything the thread is demonstrating that a majority of fans are against signing it.

But we live in a society of free speech and your attempts to close down the discussion because you disagree, are what's causing the thread to keep getting bumped to the top of the board.

If you'd just had your say and left it at that it would be wallowing halfway down page two by now! 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll leave that there. This is a reply to you from one of the mods, not me.

Note the bit in bold......

So where have i suggested a thread should be closed down? I have said some people should stop moaning about Mel Morris who has now left the club, and maybe we should focus more on the existential threat to the club. .which is present and possibly in the future. That is all.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

So where have i suggested a thread should be closed down? I have said some people should stop moaning about Mel Morris who has now left the club, and maybe we should focus more on the existential threat to the club. .which is present and possibly in the future. That is all.

Why would one of the moderators reply to you quote and your attempts to close down the discussion because you disagree unquote?