EFL agrees 'suspension of the notice of withdrawal of membership'

RoyMac5

On the questions put to the EFL, which were follow up questions from a previous meeting, every member of RT active was asked what they would like to be asked and, with a few tweaks after open discussion,  all questions put forward were asked. 

I have no issue with that process, I  thought it was very inclusive, even though I wouldn't have asked some of the questions myself. But maybe others wouldn't have asked my questions about the young players or about showing compassion.

Did we expect straight answers? Probably not. Did some of us want to make them squirm? You bet! 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

On the questions put to the EFL, which were follow up questions from a previous meeting, every member of RT active was asked what they would like to be asked and, with a few tweaks after open discussion,  all questions put forward were asked. 

I have no issue with that process, I  thought it was very inclusive, even though I wouldn't have asked some of the questions myself. But maybe others wouldn't have asked my questions about the young players or about showing compassion.

Did we expect straight answers? Probably not. Did some of us want to make them squirm? You bet! 

Thanks Angie. So did anyone at Ramstrust know that the club had been issued with a notice of withdrawal of membership? And in accordance with what rule was the EFL abound to do this and what was the trigger for it ? And when was this notice issued? Likewise if that notice has been suspended , when was it suspended and what prompted that suspension?

could it be, I suggest,  that  the suspension of the notice could be related to our “agreeing” to withdrawing from our appeal against the 12 point deduction?

and how is it that the majority if not all fans on this forum were previously unaware of this? It is hardly consistent with the EFL being open and honest with the fans groups at this deeply troubling time for them.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Thanks Angie. So did anyone at Ramstrust know that the club had been issued with a notice of withdrawal of membership? And in accordance with what rule was the EFL abound to do this and what was the trigger for it ? And when was this notice issued? Likewise if that notice has been suspended , when was it suspended and what prompted that suspension?

could it be, I suggest,  that  the suspension of the notice could be related to our “agreeing” to withdrawing from our appeal against the 12 point deduction?

and how is it that the majority if not all fans on this forum were previously unaware of this? It is hardly consistent with the EFL being open and honest with the fans groups at this deeply troubling time for them.

I don't know the answer to any of those questions.

Someone on here said they are in the EFL regulations, and are just part of the process of what happens when a club goes into administration. They also posted a link to the regulations.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't know the answer to any of those questions.

Someone on here said they are in the EFL regulations, and are just part of the process of what happens when a club goes into administration. They also posted a link to the regulations.

I think someone said something to do with Efl articles of association but didn’t post a link and didn’t say which specific article said this.

I guess the answer to the first question is no you weren’t aware of it but can’t speak on behalf of anyone else at ramstrust.

and no one else on this forum seems to have been aware of it either . 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think someone said something to do with Efl articles of association but didn’t post a link and didn’t say which specific article said this.

I guess the answer to the first question is no you weren’t aware of it but can’t speak on behalf of anyone else at ramstrust.

and no one else on this forum seems to have been aware of it either . 

Just because you and Roymac5 weren’t aware of the EFL procedures doesn’t mean everyone didn’t know. It seems to me only those who want to keep pointing the finger at the EFL want to find reasons to point some more. The Articles of Association of the EFL is a large document. Go on to Companies House, and search the records of FOOTBALL LEAGUE LIMITED(THE) Company number 00080612. Find the Articles. Consider Section 2 Shares & Membership. Don’t come back and ask me more questions as I am not Nick de Marco. I do know though that the procedure being applied is broadly consistent with that of Bolton and Wigan who have gone down this route before us.

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Those are the Regulations and I expressly referred you to the Articles of Association. I also told you to go on Companies House to find them. I am off to sleep now.

...Just because you and Roymac5 weren’t aware of the EFL procedures doesn’t mean everyone didn’t know. 

So you don't want to quote the paragraph that it relates to, just being awkward as usual. If it is so well known - afterall the EFL exists for the benefit of the Clubs - it shouldn't be hidden "in a filing cabinet in the cellar in a folder marked 'parking'!"

No matter, it doesn't take away from the EFL threatening the Club with expulsion which the Administrators had to deal with before we could be saleable!

Edited by RoyMac5

Only clues are bury and Bolton got the same, nothing comes back on a search mentioning an EFL rule. It looks like the big stick the EFL have, do what we say or your club is out of any league. This how they killed Bury, do this by time and date or you are out. Gives administration no choice but to accept what they demand  it if they have any chance f selling any club.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you don't want to quote the paragraph that it relates to, just being awkward as usual. No matter, it doesn't take away from the EFL threatening the Club with expulsion which the Administrators had to deal with before we could be saleable!

You carry on sniping Roy. Much easier than doing some research yourself.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-a-company

FOOTBALL LEAGUE LIMITED(THE) Company number 00080612

Articles of Association

Section 2 Shares & Membership

Breathe.

Oh stop being such a deliberately awkward person. If you don't want to quote the information for all to read just say so. It's all about the Club's future in case you wondered.

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Just because you and Roymac5 weren’t aware of the EFL procedures doesn’t mean everyone didn’t know. It seems to me only those who want to keep pointing the finger at the EFL want to find reasons to point some more. The Articles of Association of the EFL is a large document. Go on to Companies House, and search the records of FOOTBALL LEAGUE LIMITED(THE) Company number 00080612. Find the Articles. Consider Section 2 Shares & Membership. Don’t come back and ask me more questions as I am not Nick de Marco. I do know though that the procedure being applied is broadly consistent with that of Bolton and Wigan who have gone down this route before us.

Thanks for your help iRam, but no need to get RC about it. 

What I am saying is that  the EFL should not expect you or me or any other Rams fan to have intimate knowledge of this or even where to find it. They are having regular meetings with supporter groups and should, if they were open, honest and helpful,  be talking them through what this process means.. I think you are the only one on this forum who has indicated any prior knowledge of this, and i think it is a shock to many.. 

38 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Only clues are bury and Bolton got the same, nothing comes back on a search mentioning an EFL rule. It looks like the big stick the EFL have, do what we say or your club is out of any league. This how they killed Bury, do this by time and date or you are out. Gives administration no choice but to accept what they demand  it if they have any chance f selling any club.

And the worrying thing is it’s then left at the discretion of the Efl board. Comprising ridsdale , a Boro member , a Forest member and Parry.

hells teeth.

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Thanks for your help iRam, but no need to get RC about it. 

What I am saying is that  the EFL should not expect you or me or any other Rams fan to have intimate knowledge of this or even where to find it. They are having regular meetings with supporter groups and should, if they were open, honest and helpful,  be talking them through what this process means.. I think you are the only one on this forum who has indicated any prior knowledge of this, and i think it is a shock to many.. 

Sorry Pete. RC was not my intention. Blowing off some frustration though. With respect, Jim Wheeler and RamsTrust should have an knowledge of the rules and procedures in the event of Insolvency. Any formal representative Trust of the Club should know or the procedures laid down in the Regulations and Articles. The Club's management (Administrators) will know too. I dont think it is beholden on the EFL to share and lay out every line of procedure to fans. It is for the clubs representatives to keep us informed along the way. Have a good day, hopefully culminating in a 3 point gain later.

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Notice to transfer a share to a person they specify ? So what does that mean? 

it’s as cleAr as mud even when you helpfully print it out.

Notwithstanding the circumstances, you can have a golden share. 

The circumstances (that you can't have one) include 4.7.5 an insolvency event. 

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

4.6 notwithstanding (so read the list below) 

Screenshot_20211124-091609_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Thanks. #COYR

4.8 is particularly fine, it seems to 'say' in legaleeze that the EFL can impose anything they like?! #nosurprise

Edited by RoyMac5

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry Pete. RC was not my intention. Blowing off some frustration though. With respect, Jim Wheeler and RamsTrust should have an knowledge of the rules and procedures in the event of Insolvency. Any formal representative Trust of the Club should know or the procedures laid down in the Regulations and Articles. The Club's management (Administrators) will know too. I dont think it is beholden on the EFL to share and lay out every line of procedure to fans. It is for the clubs representatives to keep us informed along the way. Have a good day, hopefully culminating in a 3 point gain later.

I think that's a bit harsh on Rams Trust. You expect a group of volunteers with unrelated full time jobs to have a full working knowledge of the EFL articles? Which as GR has just demonstrated, are convoluted at best. Why?

I am sure like many of us, they are having to learn all this stuff as they go.

On the other hand, the administrators will know as it is their job. 

I have read every link, judgement etc since these troubles started but I am learning new stuff every day, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Notwithstanding the circumstances, you can have a golden share. 

The circumstances (that you can't have one) include 4.7.5 an insolvency event. 

Thanks but the notice is to transfer that share. Who to? How do they decide who to transfer the golden share to?

There is a total lack of transparency and accountability. 

or despite the supposed liaison with fans any explanation from EFL of what is going on.