DCFC Fans Forum on the creditors list

overlandandsea

We had an advertising contract with the club, sending monthly invoices for RamsTV, Megastore and Matchday Ticket banner ads to be displayed on the forum.

The money that is owed is over several unpaid invoices back dating back to the summer. 

I terminated the contract when the club went into administration and are solely funded now by Google ads and donations.

8 minutes ago, David said:

We had an advertising contract with the club, sending monthly invoices for RamsTV, Megastore and Matchday Ticket banner ads to be displayed on the forum.

The money that is owed is over several unpaid invoices back dating back to the summer. 

I terminated the contract when the club went into administration and are solely funded now by Google ads and donations.

Sorry you have lost money on this. Club loses out too and its their own fault of course.  

By my quick reckoning, we owe circa £65m to external creditors.

Main ones being:-

HMRC £26m

MSD £20m

Transfer fees £8m

Reading the document on my phone so please feel free to correct if I hav mis-read anything there.

When you consider that at 30 June 2018 we were actually owed £80m, have had 2 years of income since then Id estimate at £50m, had imcoming transfer fees of maybe £20m, it really does show how badly MM let the expenditure get out of control.

I'm afraid the excuse about Covid causing our situation looks weaker by the day.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Serious question...

I'm guessing you wouldn't be prepared to discuss running costs on here?
I really wouldn't have a clue on that sort of thing, and it's just that I've been donating a small DD these past few months, but I honestly haven't got a clue whether it is a relative pittance not worthy of the name "donation".

I guess it would be nice to hear you "are doing ok", as things stand. It would certainly be nice to hear that the forum is not under threat, financially.  I'd hate to think it's all a struggle for you, and we all need to up our game, donations-wise?

Anyway... here's hoping.  Keep up the great work.  ?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

HMRC £26m

MSD £20m

Transfer fees £8m

Reading the document on my phone so please feel free to correct if I hav mis-read anything there.

When you consider that at 30 June 2018 we were actually owed £80m, have had 2 years of income since then Id estimate at £50m, had imcoming transfer fees of maybe £20m, it really does show how badly MM let the expenditure get out of control.

I'm afraid the excuse about Covid causing our situation looks weaker by the day.

hack my life kevin GIF by truTV

@i-RamFWIW, I still believe that it was a valid reason for going into administration. 

The lost £20m would have been used to pay HMRC and then the main creditor would have been MSD who I assume would not have put us in administration. 

I think its definitely a convenient way for MM to jump ship though, despite his previous promises that he would continue funding us until a buyer came along.

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Serious question...

I'm guessing you wouldn't be prepared to discuss running costs on here?
I really wouldn't have a clue on that sort of thing, and it's just that I've been donating a small DD these past few months, but I honestly haven't got a clue whether it is a relative pittance not worthy of the name "donation".

I guess it would be nice to hear you "are doing ok", as things stand. It would certainly be nice to hear that the forum is not under threat, financially.  I'd hate to think it's all a struggle for you, and we all need to up our game, donations-wise?

Anyway... here's hoping.  Keep up the great work.  ?

I'm fine, honestly, won't lie it's been a frustrating few months but what can you do.

Sure I could have thrown the club under the bus publicly, however the marketing team who I was in contact with were equally frustrated, feel sorry for them having to be at the end of my emails.

I know people will look at the money owed, claim it's some kind of payment to defend Mel and somehow proves that he's had control of the forum, however I can honestly say that's simply not true.

It was for banner ads on the forum which helped to cover the running costs, nothing more.

Mel was not involved in any of the process, nor was there any communication between us regarding the adverts, forum itself or even money owed.

Always been transparent about this. 

I've had very little contact with Mel at all for the last 18 months or so until the "NDA" meeting where I contacted him personally to say this is a mistake and would backfire on the club, which it did spectacularly.

As for cost, when we first launched it was a fiver a month, we had 30 or so users and it could run on the basic server.

Fast forward 11 years and we now have over 1.5m pageviews a month we have had to go on our own server which is currently £180pm. On top of that we have Google Workspace for emails, Amazon server to send notifications out, caching.

We also have software renewal fees for security and updates. Domain renewals.

Currently sat in a Liverpool pub to go through the full breakdown, however I've just had the monthly server direct debit come through.

A875644B-F5BB-41B2-A312-378BE3CE818C.jpeg

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

HMRC £26m

MSD £20m

Transfer fees £8m

I don’t think anyone has used that as an excuse. Covid was simply the thing that pushed us off the tightrope we’d been walking. Like many things, it was a contributory factor but, crucially it was one that could not have been reasonably allowed for. Regardless of day to day finance, it also vastly reduced the realistic possibility of a sale which had been the intention for some while.