DCFC Fans Forum on the creditors list

overlandandsea

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

@David
Whilst I admire your openness and honesty, (as I have previously), I would just like to clarify:

1/  I was not requesting a breakdown of costs, and certainly not for any kind of photographic proof, but merely a thumbs up that, between ad clicks and member donations, you/the forum is not losing out, and is at least covering costs.  Having read your responses, I'm currently comfortable with my Direct Debit monthly contribution, but let's just say that had you announced the forum is losing £X per month, then I'd look at  increasing it... and hope others would do similar... as this forum to me, is a valuable and much appreciated source of news, banter, and entertainment.

2/  I have, nor never would, question why DCFC owes "you" money, and most certainly would not suggest it was any form of "controlling fee" from Mel himself.

3/  I had no idea you were away on a break, and wouldn't expect you to have responded, had I known.

I would hope that your post above, and subsequent posts, were a case of generally getting things off your chest, and perhaps a response to comments you may have read elsewhere.
If these posts are in any way aimed at being a response to my previous post, then I can categorically state that you have 100% misunderstood my post, and my informal request to "discuss forum costs".
I too am extremely disappointed that you felt the need to post evidence of costs in such a way, and even more so, if that was due to my earlier post.  That was not my intention, and can only apologise if that's how you read it!

Have a fantastic breakaway, and please, don't think every comment on here is a personal attack on you.  From my little understanding, nothing could be further from the truth, and most certainly from my own point of view!

UTR.

You're trying too hard.

Can't believe you think you could abuse him and accuse him of being in bed with Mel and then think a simple apology would be enough!

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

In addition...

@David, I would propose that you/someone deletes all those pics etc.
I'm not even convinced direct costs are any of our business!

By all means, let us know if and when things are a struggle, and put in a plea for (more) donations, but if costs are being covered, that is all we "need" to know, imo.

Similarly, if you are making an absolute fortune out of this forum, then I would be the first in the queue to shout "Good on yer.  Long may it continue!".

?

gold digging GIF by Copeland

Just now, ossieram said:

You're trying too hard.

Can't believe you think you could abuse him and accuse him of being in bed with Mel and then think a simple apology would be enough!

Despite the appalling (and inexcusable) lack of reassuring emojis, I'm gonna take that as 100% WUM banter.  For that reason alone, I have responded with a laughing reaction.
Don't make me have to go back and change it!   ? ?

4 minutes ago, Half fan said:

David, you and the moderators and this forum are the only reasons I can continue to follow DCFC with a sometimes light rather than always heavy heart.

Please tell me how to donate £100 towards your costs without the Administrators gobbling it up.

Any donation to dcfcfans will get nowhere near the club/administrators.

The Donate button is at the foot of every page, I believe.  Below the twitter and instagram logos.

I'm not a very frequent poster but I think I speak for many in my position that this forum is far and away the best place to discuss all things Derby and completely admire and respect the work from David and the moderators in providing this space for us fans.

I hadn't really considered the overheads from hiring servers etc so will happily make a donation when pay day comes around. Anybody that finds fault in you finding funding through advertisement to cover costs, and thinks it might affect your impartiality is quite frankly a moron.

13 minutes ago, Half fan said:

David, you and the moderators and this forum are the only reasons I can continue to follow DCFC with a sometimes light rather than always heavy heart.

Please tell me how to donate £100 towards your costs without the Administrators gobbling it up.

??

Well I’ve been going through the new documents with an accountant friend of mine and although it looked grim at first a large chunk of that isn’t as bad as first thought.

He said most of what we owe is share premium which won’t need to be paid back to in theory what we owe in practical terms is the £26m to HMRC , £300,000 to Employees and the £20M to MSD = around £50 m  in debt we must pay assets total £64 m but we value club a slight down value at £50 M = that’s without the stadium as with the stadium the club is surplus £100 M valuation 

so what I reckon the deal is really worth to Kirchner and co is approximately £ 50M assets +£  50 m debt + stadium either given by Mel or vastly reduced sum so the final deal for Derby will be £100M + 

6 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Well I’ve been going through the new documents with an accountant friend of mine and although it looked grim at first a large chunk of that isn’t as bad as first thought.

He said most of what we owe is share premium which won’t need to be paid back to in theory what we owe in practical terms is the £26m to HMRC , £300,000 to Employees and the £20M to MSD = around £50 m  in debt we must pay assets total £64 m but we value club a slight down value at £50 M = that’s without the stadium as with the stadium the club is surplus £100 M valuation 

so what I reckon the deal is really worth to Kirchner and co is approximately £ 50M assets +£  50 m debt + stadium either given by Mel or vastly reduced sum so the final deal for Derby will be £100M + 

You think someone will pay £100m+?

It's a business that generally has been losing money hand over fist and is likely to be dropping down a league - which means income will drop and we are that much further away from getting into the Premier League which is the only way I can see anyone turning a profit.

I have to say if you came to a Dragon's Den asking for investment I would be incredulous anyone would consider it!

7 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Total fee often quoted seems to be £50m -> £20m for the stadium (goes to MSD), £9m to football creditors (100%), £1.5m to unsecured creditors (25%), balance to HMRC (approx 2/3rds of what they're owed).

25 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Total fee often quoted seems to be £50m -> £20m for the stadium (goes to MSD), £9m to football creditors (100%), £1.5m to unsecured creditors (25%), balance to HMRC (approx 2/3rds of what they're owed).

That's a bargain....

Screenshot_20211120-100145_Chrome.jpg

50 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

The £50m asset value includes players at £40m. We wouldn't get more than £10m for our current squad with us in administration. 

3 hours ago, David said:

Fast forward 11 years and we now have over 1.5m pageviews a month we have had to go on our own server which is currently £180pm. On top of that we have Google Workspace for emails, Amazon server to send notifications out, caching.

A875644B-F5BB-41B2-A312-378BE3CE818C.jpeg

so if 38 of us on here set up a monthly DD for £5 that would cover the server costs ?

as a frequent user and contributor i will happily donate £10 per month.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

@David
Whilst I admire your openness and honesty, (as I have previously), I would just like to clarify:

1/  I was not requesting a breakdown of costs, and certainly not for any kind of photographic proof, but merely a thumbs up that, between ad clicks and member donations, you/the forum is not losing out, and is at least covering costs.  Having read your responses, I'm currently comfortable with my Direct Debit monthly contribution, but let's just say that had you announced the forum is losing £X per month, then I'd look at  increasing it... and hope others would do similar... as this forum to me, is a valuable and much appreciated source of news, banter, and entertainment.

2/  I have, nor never would, question why DCFC owes "you" money, and most certainly would not suggest it was any form of "controlling fee" from Mel himself.

3/  I had no idea you were away on a break, and wouldn't expect you to have responded, had I known.

I would hope that your post above, and subsequent posts, were a case of generally getting things off your chest, and perhaps a response to comments you may have read elsewhere.
If these posts are in any way aimed at being a response to my previous post, then I can categorically state that you have 100% misunderstood my post, and my informal request to "discuss forum costs".
I too am extremely disappointed that you felt the need to post evidence of costs in such a way, and even more so, if that was due to my earlier post.  That was not my intention, and can only apologise if that's how you read it!

Have a fantastic breakaway, and please, don't think every comment on here is a personal attack on you.  From my little understanding, nothing could be further from the truth, and most certainly from my own point of view!

UTR.

It's me who should be apologising, never for a second meant to accuse you of making any kind of accusations. I just used my reply to go on and give the situation.

This forum and the members have always been largely supportive, including yourself. Outside not so much, however that will be read and this is the platform I would rather address it all on to those reading.

Your donation is more than enough honestly, truly grateful to you and the other members that have donated today. ??