DCFC Fans Forum on the creditors list

overlandandsea

17 minutes ago, David said:

I'm fine, honestly, won't lie it's been a frustrating few months but what can you do.

Sure I could have thrown the club under the bus publicly, however the marketing team who I was in contact with were equally frustrated, feel sorry for them having to be at the end of my emails.

I know people will look at the money owed, claim it's some kind of payment to defend Mel and somehow proves that he's had control of the forum, however I can honestly say that's simply not true.

It was for banner ads on the forum which helped to cover the running costs, nothing more.

Mel was not involved in any of the process, nor was there any communication between us regarding the adverts, forum itself or even money owed.

Always been transparent about this. 

I've had very little contact with Mel at all for the last 18 months or so until the "NDA" meeting where I contacted him personally to say this is a mistake and would backfire on the club, which it did spectacularly.

As for cost, when we first launched it was a fiver a month, we had 30 or so users and it could run on the basic server.

Fast forward 11 years and we now have over 1.5m pageviews a month we have had to go on our own server which is currently £180pm. On top of that we have Google Workspace for emails, Amazon server to send notifications out, caching.

We also have software renewal fees for security and updates. Domain renewals.

Currently sat in a Liverpool pub to go through the full breakdown, however I've just had the monthly server direct debit come through.

A875644B-F5BB-41B2-A312-378BE3CE818C.jpeg

Which pub?

Just going through my photos, found this, a picture taken at the time I signed the advertising contract with the club.

Once I'm back I will happily show more of the contract where it states clearly I am not a club employee or can speak on behalf the club.

At the top you can even see a line that distances the club from the forum and makes it clear there is no joint venture.

As you can also see, the contract was signed by Stephen Pearce, not Mel.

I shouldn't have to do this, but I know what the internet is like and to be honest, despite all this I'm sure some will still come up with their own baalocks.

88302C66-818E-4DC4-BA6D-B41E79050557.jpeg

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Which pub?

Sir Thomas Hotel where we stayed, back in the car park on Victoria Street now waiting for the women as they've gone shopping, could be a couple of hours knowing them ?

If you can nip down, happily go for a pint?

Mum's 60th so we came up for the night

1 minute ago, David said:

Sir Thomas Hotel where we stayed, back in the car park on Victoria Street now waiting for the women as they've gone shopping, could be a couple of hours knowing them ?

If you can nip down, happily go for a pint?

Mum's 60th so we came up for the night

I'm just round the corner in North John Street.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work and can't get away.

Hope you're having a great time.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm just round the corner in North John Street.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work and can't get away.

Hope you're having a great time.

Ahh maybe another time. Been great, absolutely love Liverpool. Went on that Floating Grace last night down Albert Dock for the 3 course meal.

The cruise itself wasn't great, but food and entertainment was really good if you haven't done it before.

20 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I feel incredibly sad that @Davidfeels he has to post evidence to try and stop the critics and nastiness. I really hope there will be more support than criticism, he does an amazing job and often a thankless one too. 

I agree. 

I love his honesty and how he always keeps communicating with the rest of the forum around anything and everything. 

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Funniest thing is that we owe Middlesbrough FC £566.46 ?

(That's £s not £Ms)

Now correct me if I’m wrong but….. I remember MM buying our ground from us but can’t remember us buying the Riverside Stadium too ??? I’d also like to know who valued it, if you ask me those pink seats are way over priced MHO by about £566.00. 

23 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I feel incredibly sad that @Davidfeels he has to post evidence to try and stop the critics and nastiness. I really hope there will be more support than criticism, he does an amazing job and often a thankless one too. 

To be honest, I haven't seen any yet, haven't looked outside this forum though.

Wouldn't be surprised if the usual suspects are on it on Twitter.

Just wanted to clear things up which I know the majority of the forum will take my word for.

Appreciate the words. ?

1 hour ago, David said:

I'm fine, honestly, won't lie it's been a frustrating few months but what can you do.

Sure I could have thrown the club under the bus publicly, however the marketing team who I was in contact with were equally frustrated, feel sorry for them having to be at the end of my emails.

I know people will look at the money owed, claim it's some kind of payment to defend Mel and somehow proves that he's had control of the forum, however I can honestly say that's simply not true.

It was for banner ads on the forum which helped to cover the running costs, nothing more.

Mel was not involved in any of the process, nor was there any communication between us regarding the adverts, forum itself or even money owed.

Always been transparent about this. 

I've had very little contact with Mel at all for the last 18 months or so until the "NDA" meeting where I contacted him personally to say this is a mistake and would backfire on the club, which it did spectacularly.

As for cost, when we first launched it was a fiver a month, we had 30 or so users and it could run on the basic server.

Fast forward 11 years and we now have over 1.5m pageviews a month we have had to go on our own server which is currently £180pm. On top of that we have Google Workspace for emails, Amazon server to send notifications out, caching.

We also have software renewal fees for security and updates. Domain renewals.

Currently sat in a Liverpool pub to go through the full breakdown, however I've just had the monthly server direct debit come through.

A875644B-F5BB-41B2-A312-378BE3CE818C.jpeg

@David
Whilst I admire your openness and honesty, (as I have previously), I would just like to clarify:

1/  I was not requesting a breakdown of costs, and certainly not for any kind of photographic proof, but merely a thumbs up that, between ad clicks and member donations, you/the forum is not losing out, and is at least covering costs.  Having read your responses, I'm currently comfortable with my Direct Debit monthly contribution, but let's just say that had you announced the forum is losing £X per month, then I'd look at  increasing it... and hope others would do similar... as this forum to me, is a valuable and much appreciated source of news, banter, and entertainment.

2/  I have, nor never would, question why DCFC owes "you" money, and most certainly would not suggest it was any form of "controlling fee" from Mel himself.

3/  I had no idea you were away on a break, and wouldn't expect you to have responded, had I known.

I would hope that your post above, and subsequent posts, were a case of generally getting things off your chest, and perhaps a response to comments you may have read elsewhere.
If these posts are in any way aimed at being a response to my previous post, then I can categorically state that you have 100% misunderstood my post, and my informal request to "discuss forum costs".
I too am extremely disappointed that you felt the need to post evidence of costs in such a way, and even more so, if that was due to my earlier post.  That was not my intention, and can only apologise if that's how you read it!

Have a fantastic breakaway, and please, don't think every comment on here is a personal attack on you.  From my little understanding, nothing could be further from the truth, and most certainly from my own point of view!

UTR.

In addition...

@David, I would propose that you/someone deletes all those pics etc.
I'm not even convinced direct costs are any of our business!

By all means, let us know if and when things are a struggle, and put in a plea for (more) donations, but if costs are being covered, that is all we "need" to know, imo.

Similarly, if you are making an absolute fortune out of this forum, then I would be the first in the queue to shout "Good on yer.  Long may it continue!".

?