Have all the dummies been thrown out of the pram yet?

sage

If so, shall we move onto the next game?

We are all disappointed in the last couple of games, but having read about sacking Rooney, players not caring, players giving up, our recruitment is awful, we are definitely down  even down without a points reduction in the last 24 hours, it's time to regroup and be realistic.

Rooney wasn't the best manager in the Championship 4 games ago and he isn't the worst now. What we do have is a thin squad mainly made up of veterans and youngsters. We started yesterday's game with half of our outfield players aged 34 to 39. With the new manager bounce they played a high tempo and we got overrun. We look tired and are ready for the international break. 

Are we going down? We are certainly up against it. There are so many variables, admin points appeals, ffp appeals and takeovers and that's before we get to what happens on the pitch. I think the players are giving their all and until the Blackburn game, so were the fans. These are trying times and we need to stick together and stay optimistic. We need to still be in the fight when the New Year comes. By then we should know more about points deductions, new owners and transfer capabilities. 

If we get deducted 21 points, there is little hope, but we can't give up yet. Every point is vital and every fans support is too. I hope that our fans recent negativity doesn't transmit to the games. so let's all dust ourselves down and keep supporting our great club as best we can. 

I don't know if we can manage this great escape but if we do, it will take the collective will of all of us.  

24 minutes ago, sage said:

We are all disappointed in the last couple of games, but having read about sacking Rooney, players not caring, players giving up, our recruitment is awful, we are definitely down  even down without a points reduction in the last 24 hours, it's time to regroup and be realistic.

Rooney wasn't the best manager in the Championship 4 games ago and he isn't the worst now. What we do have is a thin squad mainly made up of veterans and youngsters. We started yesterday's game with half of our outfield players aged 34 to 39. With the new manager bounce they played a high tempo and we got overrun. We look tired and are ready for the international break. 

Are we going down? We are certainly up against it. There are so many variables, admin points appeals, ffp appeals and takeovers and that's before we get to what happens on the pitch. I think the players are giving their all and until the Blackburn game, so were the fans. These are trying times and we need to stick together and stay optimistic. We need to still be in the fight when the New Year comes. By then we should know more about points deductions, new owners and transfer capabilities. 

If we get deducted 21 points, there is little hope, but we can't give up yet. Every point is vital and every fans support is too. I hope that our fans recent negativity doesn't transmit to the games. so let's all dust ourselves down and keep supporting our great club as best we can. 

I don't know if we can manage this great escape but if we do, it will take the collective will of all of us.  

Definitely time to be realistic, and being unable to get even a point against a woeful Barnsley is fair indicator of how the season is likely to end. Regarding needing the international break...... it doesn't seem five minutes since the last one.  I agree that the majority of the team are giving it their best shot, but it's difficult to see how this group of players can get us off the bottom of the table. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

Definitely time to be realistic, and being unable to get even a point against a woeful Barnsley is fair indicator of how the season is likely to end. Regarding needing the international break...... it doesn't seem five minutes since the last one.  I agree that the majority of the team are giving it their best shot, but it's difficult to see how this group of players can get us off the bottom of the table. 

That's why we need to stay in touch until January when hopefully players can be brought in. . 

2 hours ago, sage said:

Losing two games on the trot nowadays is end of the world stuff in any league. Whether you have a budget like Man United or in admin like Derby. Its relentless, two losses and its all over for modern fans.

6 hours ago, sage said:

Interested to know your thoughts on Rooney not being the worst manager in the league. Who then is worse?

He’s probably got the worst win % of all the managers in the league. He’s probably the lest experienced. And he’s probably only one of a few who don’t have a promotion or top six finish to their name.

I’m not saying he is the worst. But as a manager, he has no credentials or achievements to his name whereas at least the likes of Grant McCann, Darren Ferguson, Lee Bowyer and Nigel Pearson have promotions on their CV.

Frankie McAvoy also has none, but he has been in a coaching capacity for the past decade whether as assistant or first-team coach.

Rooney has absolutely nothing other than his name and Mel’s previous wish to use his name to attract another buyer.

I know he has his hands tied, but I’ve seen nothing during his tenure here to suggest Rooney is capable of becoming a good manager.

Season going exactly as expected. Said before it started there would be some dark patches and maybe a couple of heavy defeats. At least those heavy defeats have stayed away.  Fulham tic toc. 
I rarely post in this part of the forum nowadays. It’s always all or nothing, no middle ground on here bar a few. Gods one week, tossers the next. We are exactly where we all expected us to be. 
The situation is what it is. Poor squad with a rookie manager, no money, not much of anything really. We all know why so little point in blitzing the squad or manager. 

On a positive note. At least we still have a club to moan about. Right here, right now, that’s a good thing. 

If we get deducted the full 21 points then there's not only little hope there is no hope.  There's absolutely nothing to indicate we'll get playoff form in order to even come close to eradicating that deficit. As I've said before, I think the 12 points i simply too big a chasm for us to jump as even without the deduction we'd be in a real fight. I really do think the thinness and lack of quality in the squad is going to show at busy times and later on in the season and I'd say we're just starting to see it. The start of the season was our best chance in my view of getting points on the board to make us competitive going forward and whilst we'd be 5 points above the drop it's not been going great guns either with only 3 victories from 16. 

I also don't think January is going to be  our lifeboat to save the sinking ship. I think even if we do get a new owner by then the  transfer window is going to be tight due to the EFL's embargo regulations and there is a question of what players are going to want to join a team that are going to be in the relegation (likely bottom) of the table? This solution would usually be an exciting plan to lure players in and money to cement the move but neither will likely to be forthcoming. 

I don't think people are 'spitting their dummies out', after-all football is an emotional game and acting like an overly precocious teen by  pouring scorn on others for that emotion is not necessarily as intelligent or wise as you think it is. I think a lot of fans bought into the spirit of two fingers to the EFL we'll survive anyway and early performances gave hope for that. Now the grim reality is setting in that we face numerous challenges such as the lack of a manager who knows how to win football games, players that either lack quality or are old, and an unrelenting fixture list where no game can be taken for granted. 

I don't think that there is anything reactionary in the responses generated after the recent defeats by Blackburn and Barnsley, it's more of a case of reality biting that we have an extremely limited football manager overseeing a mixed bag of playing talent. 

All of the Churchillian spirit when we first went into administration seems now to have evaporated and we are now facing the stark reality of where the club has been dumped. 

If Rooney is still here at the end of the season and if he also manages to keep us up then if he deserves to win EFL manager of the decade award.

Sadly this seems like total fantasy at the moment but where there's life there hope.

The reason the dummies are out is not because it was a defeat more importantly it was the manner of the defeat where certain players attitudes are called into question . If you cant go out at barnsley and play it like its the biggest game of dcfc lives then the writing is on the wall . Im afraid to say it still is we are 100% gone its better you accept it and move on to league 1 footy . Look at the huge lift it would have given everyone and thats the performance you get im not talking about the score . Its all over lets get the takeover done and prepare for next year asap .

Edited by NottsRammy