Have all the dummies been thrown out of the pram yet?

sage

23 hours ago, Boycie said:

So you’re allowed your opinion but we’re just spitting our dummies out the pram.

Sir, sir, can I go to the toilet please?

No you can’t .. tie a knot in it, and you’re cleaning the Pram wheels after class. And while you’re at it chewing gum isn’t allowed, even if you’re a Scottish millionaire. …. Has matron seen the boils ?

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes

Though he has improved Bird, who has possibly been our best player this year.

I also think Bird has been our best player. But that’s not saying much for the rest. 

Do you think the situation is a direct result of Rooney not being able to improve the players? Or do you think it may have something to do with our coaching staff who are all novices too?

I said last year I felt we had one of the weakest squads in the league. However, I wonder how many on here would trade it for say Luton’s squad, or Blackpool, Coventry or Millwall.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I also think Bird has been our best player. But that’s not saying much for the rest. 

Do you think the situation is a direct result of Rooney not being able to improve the players? Or do you think it may have something to do with our coaching staff who are all novices too?

Do you then assume that all our youngsters will make the grade?

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I said last year I felt we had one of the weakest squads in the league. However, I wonder how many on here would trade it for say Luton’s squad, or Blackpool, Coventry or Millwall.

it's a collective responsibility. I'm not sure to what extent the Sibley/Jozwiak malaise is down to improving them as players, finding a formation that suits them or a different style of play. Perhaps it's easier to work on improving individuals when you aren't in such a desperate position.  

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you then assume that all our youngsters will make the grade?

Not at all. It never happens.

But I thought some would kick on more. I think we all envisage Bird, Knight, Sibley and Buchanan becoming top players at this level before moving on to the Premier League. Joz should be in that category as well.

However, Buchanan can’t get a regular game ahead of Forsyth who barely looks Championship standard anymore while Sibley and Joz have been poor. Knight looked a great prospect coming through under Phillip Cocu but seems lost or undecided on his best position.

Maybe those players just aren’t as good as we think. 

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not at all. It never happens.

But I thought some would kick on more. I think we all envisage Bird, Knight, Sibley and Buchanan becoming top players at this level before moving on to the Premier League. Joz should be in that category as well.

However, Buchanan can’t get a regular game ahead of Forsyth who barely looks Championship standard anymore while Sibley and Joz have been poor. Knight looked a great prospect coming through under Phillip Cocu but seems lost or undecided on his best position.

Maybe those players just aren’t as good as we think. 

Knight is best suited to a midfield 3 which we don't play. Buchanan is an ok championship player, pretty much unchanged. Sibley is the enigma. He does a couple of things superbly but some of his play is really poor. To some extent the player himself has a responsibility to learn and improve.  

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Knight is best suited to a midfield 3 which we don't play. Buchanan is an ok championship player, pretty much unchanged. Sibley is the enigma. He does a couple of things superbly but some of his play is really poor. To some extent the player himself has a responsibility to learn and improve.  

What's happened with Louie Watson? I've not been keeping up...