Have all the dummies been thrown out of the pram yet?

sage

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What happens if there's no official EFL decision and no new owners at the end of January? 

No decision on what?

That's not the context in which I asked my question. That question was over what period of time will we 'never be on a level playing field' 

Edited by sage

9 minutes ago, sage said:

No decision on what?

That's not the context in which I asked my question. That question was over what period of time will we 'never be on a level playing field' 

Sorry, decision on points deduction. 

My question was a general one predicated on whether the uncertainty could last beyond the transfer window. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Sorry, decision on points deduction. 

My question was a general one predicated on whether the uncertainty could last beyond the transfer window. 

There are so many imponderables. 

In an ideal world the takeover will be complete and all unknowns will be known before the  end of the Jan window. 

That to me would then be a level playing field in terms of how a manager can operate 

39 minutes ago, sage said:

There are so many imponderables. 

In an ideal world the takeover will be complete and all unknowns will be known before the  end of the Jan window. 

That to me would then be a level playing field in terms of how a manager can operate 

Anyone know what the 2 year plan after admin exit might entail? I thought that was a transfer embargo and strict business plan but not sure?

Edited by Yani P

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

Anyone know what the 2 year plan after admin exit might entail? I thought that was a transfer embargo and strict business plan but not sure?

If its new owners can they be restricted other than ffp? 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's a tough one isn't it....I mean if the new owners smelt like we had a chance of staying up if for example the points deduction was reduced then would they put their faith in Rooney or go for another more experienced/capable manager?

I'd hope that they would give him a fair chance first, but then it's a business so who knows.

19 hours ago, sage said:

If so, shall we move onto the next game?

We are all disappointed in the last couple of games, but having read about sacking Rooney, players not caring, players giving up, our recruitment is awful, we are definitely down  even down without a points reduction in the last 24 hours, it's time to regroup and be realistic.

Rooney wasn't the best manager in the Championship 4 games ago and he isn't the worst now. What we do have is a thin squad mainly made up of veterans and youngsters. We started yesterday's game with half of our outfield players aged 34 to 39. With the new manager bounce they played a high tempo and we got overrun. We look tired and are ready for the international break. 

Are we going down? We are certainly up against it. There are so many variables, admin points appeals, ffp appeals and takeovers and that's before we get to what happens on the pitch. I think the players are giving their all and until the Blackburn game, so were the fans. These are trying times and we need to stick together and stay optimistic. We need to still be in the fight when the New Year comes. By then we should know more about points deductions, new owners and transfer capabilities. 

If we get deducted 21 points, there is little hope, but we can't give up yet. Every point is vital and every fans support is too. I hope that our fans recent negativity doesn't transmit to the games. so let's all dust ourselves down and keep supporting our great club as best we can. 

I don't know if we can manage this great escape but if we do, it will take the collective will of all of us.  

Sage advice, er Sage

7 hours ago, sage said:

Maybe the mangers who were below us (putting the deduction to one side)

He has motivated the players in a difficult situation to give everything. He has got the fans (at the game) on board. He recruited well given the parameters. He is trying to play decent football but is more pragmatic than Cocu. 

Never described him a a great or even a good manager.  

Do you think we started the season with a weaker first team and squad of players than Posh and Hull? 

You certainly can’t judge Rooney on recruitment, or comparison to the better teams in the league due the difference in quality of the squads. Those down the bottom might be different.

But I think we can judge him on player improvement. And unfortunately, I don’t think many of our players have kicked on under Rooney, especially Sibley and Joz who I was expecting much more from.

Edited by Bris Vegas

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Do you think we started the season with a weaker first team and squad of players than Posh and Hull? 

You certainly can’t judge Rooney on recruitment, or comparison to the better teams in the league due the difference in quality of the squads. Those down the bottom might be different.

But I think we can judge him on player improvement. And unfortunately, I don’t think many of our players have kicked on under Rooney, especially Sibley and Joz who I was expecting much more from.

Well you are choosing to judge him on his weakest area to suit your point so I will leave it there 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Well you are choosing to judge him on his weakest area to suit your point so I will leave it there 

Are you saying his weakest area is to improve the performance of his players? 

I’m not trying to make any point. I don’t have an opinion on whether Rooney is the worst manager in the league, I was just curious as to your thoughts as you suggested he wasn’t with McCann and Ferguson in the mix.

Do you think those managers have stronger or weaker squads than the one at Derby?

I’m not trying to goad you into an answer or trick you, I’m just curious that’s all.

FWIW I don’t rate either of those managers particularly highly despite their promotions from L1.

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Are you saying his weakest area is to improve the performance of his players? 

I’m not trying to make any point. I don’t have an opinion on whether Rooney is the worst manager in the league, I was just curious as to your thoughts as you suggested he wasn’t with McCann and Ferguson in the mix.

Do you think those managers have stronger or weaker squads than the one at Derby?

I’m not trying to goad you into an answer or trick you, I’m just curious that’s all.

FWIW I don’t rate either of those managers particularly highly despite their promotions from L1.

I'm not even sure what that means

Just now, sage said:

I'm not even sure what that means

I’m confused now.

I said I don’t think our players have improved under Rooney. I’m not talking about the aging players who you don’t expect to improve. I was suggesting the younger players like Bird, Knight, Sibley, Buchanan, Joz etc.

You then said I’m judging him on his weakest point. So is his weakest point improving the players? Or what are we talking about here?

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I’m confused now.

I said I don’t think our players have improved under Rooney. I’m not talking about the aging players who you don’t expect to improve. I was suggesting the younger players like Bird, Knight, Sibley, Buchanan, Joz etc.

You then said I’m judging him on his weakest point. So is his weakest point improving the players? Or what are we talking about here?

Yes

Though he has improved Bird, who has possibly been our best player this year.