Rooney and his sidekick OUT NOW

Ramfan1958

Does Rooney have a quality team to work with.

Has Rooney had significant investment made available for spending in January.

Have the auditors guaranteed that potential investors have one week to get their bids on the table for Derbys sale.

Do new managers sometimes get lucky breaks, as in my opinion happened at Barnsley.

Did Mel Morris sell of Derbys best players weakening the team, to where they were easy to beat because they are made of youngsters and old men.

Does Derby have one of the oldest defences in the league.

Does Derby have a quality regularly scoring striker.

Does Derby have a talented and ball winning Midfield.

Even given that scenario, has Rooney got the club at least drawing the majority of the games this season.

Remember without the 12 point deduction, the club would be almost mid table and that's given all these things which are out of Rooneys hands.

Remember most quality managers would not want to be Derbys manager, under these circumstances and with the club at the foot of the table.

Remember Rooneys worth millions, he could easily walk away, but he's chosen to fight for Derby.

If the fans stop supporting the manager and players due to circumstances, that demoralises them. Under those circumstances how can they perform at their best.

7 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Keep your heads. It’s darkest before dawn. 

Unless you live in Tromso in Norway, then it’s dark all day long. 

4 hours ago, S8TY said:

What ?? one scout??? You think one scout will make a difference ….all you do is moan all of the time …I sometimes think you’re just a wum 

It’s all about the intent. Identifying a problem and trying to fix it.

If one player - Bielik - is viewed as enough to make a difference, why can’t one scout with the right kind of knowledge and track record?

People keep saying we need January and we need players who will make a difference. How are we going to find those players if not with good scouts?

All the old failings have come back.  The commentator on Sky was saying stuff like 'Huge 5mins left' etc, never for a moment did I have the feeling we would turn it round.

Any team on a bad run must look at the fixture list to see when they are playing us!

Rooney is living off the huge goodwill gained from his attitude and loyalty...his man management has been great but on the pitch we are sliding back to last season's performances.

We will, and we should, remain loyal because of the situation but the only way I see us staying up is if we can renegotiate all the points deductions and get a buyer in who gets us a striker and replaces Rooney before the season ends.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Rooney is living off the huge goodwill gained from his attitude and loyalty...his man management has been great but on the pitch we are sliding back to last season's performances.

We will, and we should, remain loyal because of the situation but the only way I see us staying up is if we can renegotiate all the points deductions and get a buyer in who gets us a striker and replaces Rooney before the season ends.

The reason is that the squad wasn't good enough last season and isn't good enough this. When things need changing who can Rooney replace up front? As it is neither CKR nor Baldock are prolific! If CKR (and Jags) hadn't hit woodwork in the last few games things would look different again. 

We've seen what Rooney can do with a sow's ear, but the stitching keeps coming undone!

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

If Rooney was as switched on as people suggest, he would have brought in his own people when he was offered the job permanently.

We’re always bemoaning the lack of a goalscorer.

How did Luton find Adebayo? How did Blackpool find Yates and Lavery? How did Swansea find Piroe?

Personally I think coaching is the biggest issue but it has to be said that our scouting and recruitment is very uninspiring, restrictions or not.

Er...those other clubs found those players by not being under an embargo ?

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But Rooney wanted him to re-sign, he didn't have to want to keep him. That was the point.

I get your point.

But Rooney got the job full time in January, not July. He could have set about making changes.

If he appointed a few new scouts and they subsequently were laid off, what can he do?

But he has kept most of the staff in place by the looks of things, and not always for the better.

The Given case is interesting. Do first team coaches get paid less than scouts? I would imagine not, so perhaps any new scouts would have been more likely to keep their jobs had we employed them.

I mean, Rooney is clearly still a work in progress as manager but to demand he be sacked given our current situation is absolutely mental. The club is unstable enough as it is without firing the manager who, lets be honest, doesn't need us as much as we need him right now.

Suppose we sack Rooney, what then? Who do we get in given the fact that we have no money to spend, no owner, a squad where some of the first 11 have contracts running out in Jan (with the possibility that we will be unable to resign or replace them) and everything is generally on fire?

Nobody good is walking in to this mess. Be realistic.

48 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But Rooney got the job full time in January, not July. He could have set about making changes.

If he appointed a few new scouts and they subsequently were laid off, what can he do?

Could he? How do you know there was any money to make changes? Or he had any say in the matter?

Did you read that post by RT Jim where he said when asked what they'd achieved, that they'd been in a 'discussion' with Mel about the trialists and whether they should be signed or (words to this effect) just stick with the Academy players? That doesn't sound like Rooney had any final say in matters does it?!

The frustrating thing with WR is his lack of game plan and changes in the 90, going Longball was inevitable last night with CKR back up top, it doesn't work, he's said time and time again about playing his brand of football, but what is it?

Yes he can only work with what he's got, but it's 12 months now and 13 wins out of 54 is shocking.

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

Does Rooney have a quality team to work with.

Has Rooney had significant investment made available for spending in January.

Have the auditors guaranteed that potential investors have one week to get their bids on the table for Derbys sale.

Do new managers sometimes get lucky breaks, as in my opinion happened at Barnsley.

Did Mel Morris sell of Derbys best players weakening the team, to where they were easy to beat because they are made of youngsters and old men.

Does Derby have one of the oldest defences in the league.

Does Derby have a quality regularly scoring striker.

Does Derby have a talented and ball winning Midfield.

Even given that scenario, has Rooney got the club at least drawing the majority of the games this season.

Remember without the 12 point deduction, the club would be almost mid table and that's given all these things which are out of Rooneys hands.

Remember most quality managers would not want to be Derbys manager, under these circumstances and with the club at the foot of the table.

Remember Rooneys worth millions, he could easily walk away, but he's chosen to fight for Derby.

If the fans stop supporting the manager and players due to circumstances, that demoralises them. Under those circumstances how can they perform at their best.

A lot of this is fair enough but I disagree with bits.

A) I wouldn't really want Rooney in charge of using 'significant investment in january' if we do have any. 

B) without the points deduction at this stage we'd be 4 and 5 points off 14th and 13th. That isn't 'close' to being mid-table at this point in the season. Even without the points deduction we'd be beginning to look over our shoulders tbh. 

C) Yes quality managers won't touch us atm which is one of the reasons why we still have Rooney managing us. 

Is it just me that expects absolutely nothing to happen signings wise in January beyond perhaps extending some of the lads that are on six month contracts?

I really can't see us being out of administration in time to get anything done and even if we are the EFL will invent a new way to stop us.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

10 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

The frustrating thing with WR is his lack of game plan and changes in the 90, going Longball was inevitable last night with CKR back up top, it doesn't work, he's said time and time again about playing his brand of football, but what is it?

Yes he can only work with what he's got, but it's 12 months now and 13 wins out of 54 is shocking.

He can't even bring through more U23s. What has he got to work with? Plus are they good enough to be consistent through a season? There's a reason they're playing for us!

It's taken a couple of defeats to remind me how bad some of us are at losing.

Preston was a terrible start, Barnsley was turgid full stop. The fact that two bad performances is all it takes for a growing minority of fans to call for the manager's head to roll proves that there's nothing like getting beat a couple of times to distract you from reality.

Even if we'd won our last two games, we'd still be in a potentially terminal decline. Absolutely nothing is guaranteed about our existence until a takeover is done.

In my opinion, this should be out mindset. Just stick together and enjoy supporting the club while it exists. It's great that some people have enough capacity to be cross about what's happening on the pitch, but I just can't worry about that until the bigger picture stuff is sorted.

Edited by Duracell