Rooney and his sidekick OUT NOW

Ramfan1958

46 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I mean, Rooney is clearly still a work in progress as manager but to demand he be sacked given our current situation is absolutely mental. The club is unstable enough as it is without firing the manager who, lets be honest, doesn't need us as much as we need him right now.

Suppose we sack Rooney, what then? Who do we get in given the fact that we have no money to spend, no owner, a squad where some of the first 11 have contracts running out in Jan (with the possibility that we will be unable to resign or replace them) and everything is generally on fire?

Nobody good is walking in to this mess. Be realistic.

Right,look at Umai Emery,turned down the Newcastle job because that team is in a mess and we would have one hell of a job convincing a manager with experience to come to this mess

You can’t pin yesterday on Rooney, Rosenior or anyone else but the players. 

Forsyth was an utter disgrace yesterday am I’m pretty certain Wayne didn’t ask him to come on and play like an absolute donkey. 

He realised Forsyth was garbage so subbed him for Buchanan at halftime who preceded to give away a stupid free kick 3 minutes after coming on that led to their second goal

How do you compensate for that? It’s not like he can go out in the market and get any new players to take us forward.  

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I thought the performance was actually good tonight. Just one of those games…structurally awkward maybe ..,Ebs should start - such a threat & talent..Barnsley won without trying. Respectfully I was there, were you? 

You thought we were good tonight? We were playing a team who had lost 7 on the bounce. We could have been 3-1 down at HT. They then dominated for the first 25 mins of the second half. We put some pressure on in the last 15 mins and should have scored at the end with the header, but to say that performance was good is, well, staggering.....

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Ok I understand the sentiment and many will agree with you. That said, I’m convinced by Rooney and I’m rarely wrong…I know sounds arrogant but we need to stick…things will turn quite soon. Facebook me, screenshot me, tik-Tok me, Twatter me; We’ve deflated last 3 games …but we’ll rise again. Trust me.

You are rarely wrong, statement of the season so far on here....

Who would we get in who would do better? The only people likely to take the job are either total novice or stock so low that doing anyhing at all at Derby is a boost for their name.

I really don't think there would be any point in even thinking about changing things until at least the ownership is resolved and the scale of the deductions known.

17 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Forsyth was an utter disgrace yesterday am I’m pretty certain Wayne didn’t ask him to come on and play like an absolute donkey. 

He realised Forsyth was garbage so subbed him for Buchanan at halftime who preceded to give away a stupid free kick 3 minutes after coming on that led to their second goal

How do you compensate for that? It’s not like he can go out in the market and get any new players to take us forward.  

Playing the full backs so high up the pitch is Rooney's tactic, blame him and him alone for the reason we looked so totally vulnerable down the flanks.....

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Who would we get in who would do better? The only people likely to take the job are either total novice or stock so low that doing anyhing at all at Derby is a boost for their name.

I really don't think there would be any point in even thinking about changing things until at least the ownership is resolved and the scale of the deductions known.

Totally agree. Once the ownership and all the other elements are sorted bring in someone better equipped to move the team forward....

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

A lot of this is fair enough but I disagree with bits.

A) I wouldn't really want Rooney in charge of using 'significant investment in january' if we do have any. 

B) without the points deduction at this stage we'd be 4 and 5 points off 14th and 13th. That isn't 'close' to being mid-table at this point in the season. Even without the points deduction we'd be beginning to look over our shoulders tbh. 

C) Yes quality managers won't touch us atm which is one of the reasons why we still have Rooney managing us. 

A) Don't worry, there won't be.

B) Without the points deduction we'd also be 5 points clear of relegation.

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Shame he couldn’t have reversed the substitution and brought Fozzy back on, because Buchanan had a mare. 

It is madness that people think rooney is the problem or holding us back. It is a miracle we have got as many points as we have, those that think otherwise need a reality check. Our squad is absolute crap, there is not enough quality nor depth for championship football. This season is a complete write off yet Rooney has given us some kind of hope that we may stay up, for that he deserves huge credit not critique.

There's absolutely no point getting rid of anyone right now.

That said I've seen enough to have little confidence that even with no embargo, no administration, a bigger squad, and some transfer funds Rooney will be a success.

Most people are focusing on the here and now (which is fine) but willfully or not I think they're ignoring a few red flags, or seeing them and dismissing them due to the circumstances. There are some fundamental issues that can be brushed aside in the short term while we point at the squad, but in the long run might not be so easily dismissed.

Any discussion on any more specific aspects of his performance seems to be hurriedly ushered away, we'll talk about it when the ownership is sorted. It's either that or Roy comes wading in like some sort of online bodyguard, a one man PR machine dismissing any notion that Rooney could possibly have done anything better or got even a single drop more out of what's at his disposal either last season or this. He should try to get on Rooney's personal payroll, he'd be rich!

The expectation seems to be that because he's (just about) got us competitive with a small squad that all we need are better players, more choices and that alone will lift us up, everything will click and we'll start consistently winning games, not throwing them away from advantageous positions etc.

Personally I've got big doubts it's anywhere near that simple.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

11 hours ago, Jourdan said:

That’s the point.

Will a new owner make a difference? Will January make a difference?

Not much will change if you have the same people in the same roles, not being held to account.

Having money to spend won’t help us if the scouting and recruitment set up is still porous.

Presumably the accountability bit, being part of the problem, will be addressed. New owners will, we hope, hold people to account. They will, along with the manager, be able to identify problems with the scouting/recruitment set up and do something about it. Harry Croft in the recruitment team was one of the recent redundancies. We assume we will have some money to spend under new owners. 

I think it's a bit pessimistic to suggest that new owners see what got us into trouble and just blindly do the same. It may take until at least the summer to see any change though.

6 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There's absolutely no point getting rid of anyone right now.

That said I've seen enough to have little confidence that even with no embargo, no administration, a bigger squad, and some transfer funds Rooney will be a success.

Most people are focusing on the here and now (which is fine) but willfully or not I think they're ignoring a few red flags, or seeing them and dismissing them due to the circumstances.

Any discussion on any more specific aspects of his performance seems to be hurriedly ushered away, we'll talk about it when the ownership is sorted. It's either that or Roy comes wading in like some sort of online bodyguard, a one man PR machine dismissing any notion that Rooney could possibly have done anything better or got even a single drop more out of what's at his disposal either last season or this. He should try to get on Rooney's personal payroll, he'd be rich!

The expectation seems to be that because he's (just about) got us competitive with a small squad that all we need are better players, more choices and that alone will lift us up, everything will click and we'll start consistently winning games, not throwing them away from advantageous positions etc.

Personally I've got big doubts it's anywhere near that simple.

No but it will be a huge help. Much of what's been going wrong in games is down to players not being good enough. You can do what you want on the training ground but on a matchday if players are too slow because of age, too young to have the required knowledge to play at this level, not strong/sharp enough mentally to make the correct split second decision, not technically gifted enough to pick the right pass/control the ball in the right manner etc etc then there's not a lot you can do.

But Rooney also has a lot to learn, starting with now teams know how to play against us - to press from the front, to hit the channels behind pushed-up full backs, to sit back once they've scored knowing we don't have decent firepower - how to regularly combat that or mix up playing style etc. So yes, tactically he is learning and time will tell whether he can improve. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Playing the full backs so high up the pitch is Rooney's tactic, blame him and him alone for the reason we looked so totally vulnerable down the flanks.....

It’s his fault that Forsyth gave away 3 consecutive corners, fell over and then let his man trot past him to smash it in the near corner?? what’s playing high fullbacks got to do with with Forsyth playing like that?