Rooney and his sidekick OUT NOW

Ramfan1958

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

scouting to me means un-earthing talent from lower leagues or maybe a youth player in a prem side or even a bit of foreign talent but some see it as players that are well known and cost a packet prime examples are Watkins...

Weren't we after buying him? Before Brentford? Perhaps our scouting isn't that bad, perhaps it's down to who we choose to sign!

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Weren't we after buying him? Before Brentford? Perhaps our scouting isn't that bad, perhaps it's down to who we choose to sign!

I think Exeter chose not to sell him to us, because they thought he was worth more, but then sold him to Brentford for less.

Also, maybe some players might just prefer London to Derby (strange though that is!) I think they get a say? 

On 03/11/2021 at 22:55, Jourdan said:

If Rooney was as switched on as people suggest, he would have brought in his own people when he was offered the job permanently.

He'd have to hire them with his own money if he wanted to do this. Come on, man. You know the financial situation.

I'm not sold on Rooney as a manager and never have been, but what he has got out of this group of players so far this season has been admirable. Let's not forget who we've got at centre-half at the moment and how we all expected those two to do against anyone with half a yard of pace.

It's a mismatched squad of players past their best, players too young for this sort of pressure, and journeymen who have never done the job anywhere. Rooney has done an incredible job to bring this group together and get them playing against all odds.

I'm all for fair criticism of any manager - but this thread isn't fair. 

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He'd have to hire them with his own money if he wanted to do this. Come on, man. You know the financial situation.

I'm not sold on Rooney as a manager and never have been, but what he has got out of this group of players so far this season has been admirable. Let's not forget who we've got at centre-half at the moment and how we all expected those two to do against anyone with half a yard of pace.

It's a mismatched squad of players past their best, players too young for this sort of pressure, and journeymen who have never done the job anywhere. Rooney has done an incredible job to bring this group together and get them playing against all odds.

For me it’s a case of saving my sanity ,nerves and emotional well being by accepting that this season is going to be a very tough watch and it’s almost certain we are going down ( hopefully we survive as a club to fight another day) ,there really is no point screaming at managers and players , I’m taking my pride from the Derby fans being fantastically vocal in the support of our club in grounds around the country,,,that’s my tribe not any players , managers or owners ,certainly since the days of Kevin hector types are well gone??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

49 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think Exeter chose not to sell him to us, because they thought he was worth more, but then sold him to Brentford for less.

Also, maybe some players might just prefer London to Derby (strange though that is!) I think they get a say? 

Yeah, I meant it wasn't that we didn't scout him. ?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think he has done an okay job but surely he should have got more than 4 wins in 34 with the group of players. He’s the one who has to find the balance and I think he shows his inexperience at times this season. He plays sibley as a winger when everyone on here says play him in a 10. He constantly play Morrison’s there and he doesn’t stick to a 10. One easy move to make straight away if he had any clout is to push sibley up to be of ckr or baldock. Even play stretton with one of them. Jozwiak needs to be given a run of games for me to get the best out of him not just one game then Chuck him out of the team for 4 let him adapt to this league and not reck his confidence every 5 minutes when there’s other players who could be subbed like Lawrence and Morrison who have just been as bad. He still should be getting more out of this team the first 11 and possibly first 15 are not as bad as 4 mins in nearly a full season for me 

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I think he has done an okay job but surely he should have got more than 4 wins in 34 with the group of players. He’s the one who has to find the balance and I think he shows his inexperience at times this season. He plays sibley as a winger when everyone on here says play him in a 10. He constantly play Morrison’s there and he doesn’t stick to a 10. One easy move to make straight away if he had any clout is to push sibley up to be of ckr or baldock. Even play stretton with one of them. Jozwiak needs to be given a run of games for me to get the best out of him not just one game then Chuck him out of the team for 4 let him adapt to this league and not reck his confidence every 5 minutes when there’s other players who could be subbed like Lawrence and Morrison who have just been as bad. He still should be getting more out of this team the first 11 and possibly first 15 are not as bad as 4 mins in nearly a full season for me 

Needs to play 3 at the back if he wants to play the full backs so high. Leaves us very vulnerable at the back otherwise.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You came out with the most ludicrous comment I have ever seen on here, but yes, won't embarrass you anymore......

I’m not embarrassed. Why get so worked up just because somebody has a different perspective to yourself? Perhaps you’re perspective is an emotional reaction? 

On 03/11/2021 at 23:55, Jourdan said:

Perhaps not sit around feeling sorry for ourselves? Perhaps show some imagination? Perhaps rise to the challenge?

We have been under restrictions, yes. But every scouting mission comes with parameters.

It’s not a temp job at Primark we’ve been recruiting for. It’s playing football for one of the most beloved clubs in the country.

We could have still found players if we were willing to try hard enough.

On 03/11/2021 at 23:59, sage said:

Name players who others ha e signed as a free, in August, on 6 or 12 month contracts on 4.5k a month or less. 

Still waiting

12 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I’m not embarrassed. Why get so worked up just because somebody has a different perspective to yourself? Perhaps you’re perspective is an emotional reaction? 

If you want to carry things on, game on. Nothing to do with emotion just astounded by your arrogance.  I was happy to save you further embarrassment. I rarely lose an argument so we must be two peas in a pod ? Anyway, for starters having said you are rarely wrong, do you stand by your comment that we played well v Barnsley ? Wazza wasn’t very impressed. Stand by your comment or were you just wrong for once ?

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

I think he has done an okay job but surely he should have got more than 4 wins in 34 with the group of players. He’s the one who has to find the balance and I think he shows his inexperience at times this season. 

Absolutely agree with you, Barney. Looking at his tenure overall, I would say it's pretty unimpressive. Statistically he has not done a good enough job. I have been very vocal about this for a long time on this forum, believe me!

But I think this season needs to be assessed with context. For us to be within reach of safety after a -12 point deduction and some of the players we are relying on (I am referring specifically to the likes of Allsopp, Jagielka, Forsyth, Morrison, Baldock), says to me that Rooney has done a more than decent job so far this season with the tools at his disposal. 

Edited by Nuwtfly

17 hours ago, Yani P said:

For whatever reason..or is it just coincidence..we have played poorly with CKR in the team recently..

For obvious reasons it's another game I'm trying to expunge from my memory but, didn't we play better (marginally at least) in the second half against Blackburn after he and and Baldock came on?

Same at Coventry. We were much better in the second half and he came on after 62 minutes.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only other games he's played since the start of October are Luton (74th minute sub) and Preston (77th minute sub). I can't recall if our performance changed after he came on.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Think it was Peterboro but yeah they played some weird bidding game but accepted a lower bid..think it was their strange chairman at work..

40 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Think it was Peterboro but yeah they played some weird bidding game but accepted a lower bid..think it was their strange chairman at work..

YearsTeamApps(Gls)

2014–2017Exeter City68(21)

2014–2015→ Weston-super-Mare (loan)24(10)

2017–2020Brentford132(45)

2020–Aston Villa42(15)

1 minute ago, angieram said:

YearsTeamApps(Gls)

2014–2017Exeter City68(21)

2014–2015→ Weston-super-Mare (loan)24(10)

2017–2020Brentford132(45)

2020–Aston Villa42(15)

Sorry my bad..thought you were talking about Toney lol

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

yes rumours were that we were interested but not enough to buy him ....our scouting is poor judged not just by Watkins ....that was an example of where / why we didn't go for him?? if he was on our radar then why didn't we get him ? i heard was over a 3m fee....but Brentford payed it.so we didn't rate him that much yet pay 4.5m for dross like Anya who was supposedly proven at watford and scotland so somewhere alomg the line its falling down hence the overhaul/ rethink is necessary IMO ..who was the last player we signed by being scouted that went onto bigger things and earnt us money ? we seem to be able to spot talent at an early age Bird,Knight,Buchanan etc but fall short in other areas and it needs sorting

in Nigels days there are plenty of good examples Martin,Russell,Bryson,Brayford,Barker to name a few ....