Rooney and his sidekick OUT NOW

Ramfan1958

Just now, Andicis said:

What kind of nonsensical point is that? No, I don't. But I can say for sure, we have a really thin squad with pretty glaring holes up front and in the centre back position. Who, with Derby's none existent budget, would you propose could do better? 

Who knows, but the statement that nobody could have done better is meaningless. Someone else could possibly have won more than 4 games in 32…..

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Who knows, but the statement that nobody could have done better is meaningless. Someone else could possibly have won more than 4 games in 32…..

Let's be honest, last season isn't relevant is it? So why you're dragging that up is just to push your agenda. 

We've been on the whole tough to beat, had too many draws probably but been competitive in almost all of our games. We've been doing reasonably well for a team without a good level striker and with two ancient centre halves. 

7 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If Rooney was as switched on as people suggest, he would have brought in his own people when he was offered the job permanently.

We’re always bemoaning the lack of a goalscorer.

How did Luton find Adebayo? How did Blackpool find Yates and Lavery? How did Swansea find Piroe?

Personally I think coaching is the biggest issue but it has to be said that our scouting and recruitment is very uninspiring, restrictions or not.

How exactly could he have "brought his own people in"? With what, monopoly money? He brought 5 players in on loan in January : before the end of the season, they'd all gone back to their clubs injured bar Roberts. We all know what happened over the summer.

What exactly has he had the chance to do that could possibly have been on his wish list? 

I think it might be a case of teams just figuring out the tactics Rooney's been working on pre-season, we don't really have another way of playing. 

12 out the 16 games this season our opponent has played a back 3. I don't know if that's just how teams counter Derby specifically or if a back 3 is now the norm Championship formation but we struggle against it. 2 of our 3 wins this season came in the 4 games we played a back 4 team.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Let's be honest, last season isn't relevant is it? So why you're dragging that up is just to push your agenda. 

We've been on the whole tough to beat, had too many draws probably but been competitive in almost all of our games. We've been doing reasonably well for a team without a good level striker and with two ancient centre halves. 

Pushing my agenda, what is that meant to mean? Why ignore last season, he was Manager wasn’t he? He has had a really difficult job but coming out with a statement of fact that nobody else could have done better is nonsense, just fits your agenda perhaps…

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Revie: "But Brian. Why did you even take the (Leeds) job? Last season, we only lost three games. How could you improve on that?"

Clough: "By only losing two".

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

How exactly could he have "brought his own people in"? With what, monopoly money? He brought 5 players in on loan in January : before the end of the season, they'd all gone back to their clubs injured bar Roberts. We all know what happened over the summer.

What exactly has he had the chance to do that could possibly have been on his wish list? 

A new scout is beyond the realms of possibility, is it?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Pushing my agenda, what is that meant to mean? Why ignore last season, he was Manager wasn’t he? He has had a really difficult job but coming out with a statement of fact that nobody else could have done better is nonsense, just fits your agenda perhaps…

Because last season is done. We had a poor end to the season. When discussing whether Rooney has done a good job or not this season, last season is entirely irrelevant. I thought he was poor last season. I feel he's doing much better now. You're intentionally skewing the numbers, because realistically it's well documented on here you never wanted Rooney or were ever prepared to give him a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because last season is done. We had a poor end to the season. When discussing whether Rooney has done a good job or not this season, last season is entirely irrelevant. I thought he was poor last season. I feel he's doing much better now. You're intentionally skewing the numbers, because realistically it's well documented on here you never wanted Rooney or were ever prepared to give him a chance. 

How am I skewing the numbers, they are facts. That is his record. I don’t think that Rooney was the right option when recruited and I stand by that but he ain’t going anywhere soon so a bit of a pointless conversation. I hope he somehow is able to turn things around.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

People like myself and @Jimbo Ram have acknowledged there has been an improvement.

Is 3 wins from 16 really ‘much better’ though?

If it was an experienced manager like Hughton or McCarthy in charge and they had overseen a similar run, it would be called for what it is.

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's pathetic our fans turning on Rooney. Absolutely pathetic. We have a threadbare squad and have been overperforming. Now we inevitably start to struggle with our lack of options and immediately some fans are throwing the toys out the pram. Get real. Nobody we could appoint could get more out of this squad than Rooney. He's doing a good joJust one point. Our fans are not turning on Rooney, half a dozen on a forum are turning on Rooney, most of whom were not happy with him when first appointed.

We have to expect a certain amount of moaning - its always been the case since I've been watching the Rams.

We are in a desperate position as a club, its as bad as its ever been with still no guarantee of survival. Changing the manager right now is not an option so the only way we can influence the future of our club is to continue to show the magnificent support we have done so far this season. 

If people want to moan on a forum thats fine as long as the majority of us continue to get behind Rooney and the players at the match, thats all that matters right now.

COYR ?

I’m not convinced by Rooney as a manager.

That said, our squad is crap and so unbalanced towards a particular style of football.

We can’t play a high line due to our slow defence. Barnsley’s second goal was schoolboy stuff.

We can’t press high and have a low block defence, the opposition will just play through the gaping holes in midfield, just like Blackburn did.

Our wide players are utterly ineffective in deeper positions with their back to goal. But we can’t push forward, because we can’t dominate the ball with our ultra slow transition.

The only way we can really play with this group is a deep, compact shape and hitting it long to Kaz and hoping to pick up second balls. But it’s a turgid style, and Rooney has said he wants to progress the way we play as not to do that.

Ultimately, we’re stuck and our whole situation comes as a result of woeful management of the club from Mel and the dire recruitment under his tenure.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

How am I skewing the numbers, they are facts. That is his record. I don’t think that Rooney was the right option when recruited and I stand by that but he ain’t going anywhere soon so a bit of a pointless conversation. I hope he somehow is able to turn things around.

Why is it you never actually address any of the points I make in your replies? As I clearly stated, my initial post was discussing how Rooney has done this season, you then started to reply to me about records pulling into last season, which again is completely irrelevant to the topic of the job he's done this season. Which, of course the record is very different to the one you've included. And how is it not skewed? Why are we using 32 games? On what basis? I can answer that one, it's the one which you can show Rooney looking worst over. It's a basic trick. It's disingenuous and you know it. 

You don't hope he turns it around at all, you've been baying for him for months. 

We have two players I believe are capable of being match winners. Lawrence and Sibley.

Rooney has tried to get more out of Lawrence by making him captain and giving him greater responsibility. So far,business as usual. 

I am not certain Rooney really knows how to get the best from Sibley. Or even a willingness to give it a reasonable go. Sibley himself needs to do better aswell. 

I also believe we can get more from Jozwiak. The way we play just doesn't suit him or Sibley. In a side that needs goals, I feel we should be finding a way to get the best from them.

Any talk of sacking Rooney is madness,but I think this is an area he needs to step up.